Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

13 minutes ago, redcell said:

Someday those people are going to wake up and realize that the money they could have made if they had kept their mouth shut is far greater than whatever money they made from their ancillary revenue streams creating content.  Their egos wouldn't be as well fed in that counterfactual, but their bank accounts would be much fatter.

#Facts

Assuming Shane / Brickbux and the like were counting on 100's of $30 a month subscribers to justify the move, it may have worked for them to the great detriment of the long time silent investors. 

29 minutes ago, redcell said:

Finally...did she run over your dog or dump you or something?  The sexist attacks on her were as uncalled for as they were stupid.

I appreciate your comment but I wouldn't call that sexist at all.  I know plenty of professional resellers who are women and they are more brutal than I am on those influencers.  There have been plenty of other people on this site who have commented on the reaction of the influencer thumbnails but I guess I'll be the one to never mention it again.

12 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

I appreciate your comment but I wouldn't call that sexist at all.  I know plenty of professional resellers who are women and they are more brutal than I am on those influencers.  There have been plenty of other people on this site who have commented on the reaction of the influencer thumbnails but I guess I'll be the one to never mention it again.

I'm sure you wouldn't call it sexist, but the fact is that by focusing on her gender and then trying to cut her down based on her appearance is pretty sexist given that it has absolutely nothing to do with the substance of what she said, what you said was pretty sexist.

32 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

#Facts

Assuming Shane / Brickbux and the like were counting on 100's of $30 a month subscribers to justify the move, it may have worked for them to the great detriment of the long time silent investors. 

I'm sure that it has worked out fine for them and will continue to do so in the short term because it's another stream of revenue to buy more inventory with, but what they don't seem to realize is that they're creating their own competition, which will ultimately make it harder for them to make money selling LEGO.  The secondary market for LEGO is deep, but it's not bottomless and every new market entrant dilutes the concentration of supply that has helped drive market prices higher in the past.  I haven't been paying super close attention, but it sure seems like there have been a lot fewer of the "HOLY CRAP, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS ROI" videos lately.  And the ones that I have seen seem to be having to stretch things a bit further to make the case.  One day, they'll wake up and see the reality that they've had a hand in creating, but, by then, it will be too late unless they have a different business model in mind that they're working towards.

1 hour ago, redcell said:

.  I haven't been paying super close attention, but it sure seems like there have been a lot fewer of the "HOLY CRAP, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS ROI" videos lately. 

That’s because they are “Shorts “ now another form of revenue, so misleading to pump Lego as an investment using this set as an example:

As far as Holly is concerned she talks too fast for me and not because she is a female perhaps it is her accent. But since she left LAN a year or so ago, where she was getting free sets thus freeing up capital to invest, she has taken the contrarian view on most everything Lego although she was still a fanboy of Gringott’s. Not sure if Lego on Amazon is a thing in Australia or not maybe that is why she didn’t mention it. 

2 hours ago, redcell said:

I'm sure that it has worked out fine for them and will continue to do so in the short term because it's another stream of revenue to buy more inventory with, but what they don't seem to realize is that they're creating their own competition, which will ultimately make it harder for them to make money selling LEGO.  The secondary market for LEGO is deep, but it's not bottomless and every new market entrant dilutes the concentration of supply that has helped drive market prices higher in the past.  I haven't been paying super close attention, but it sure seems like there have been a lot fewer of the "HOLY CRAP, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS ROI" videos lately.  And the ones that I have seen seem to be having to stretch things a bit further to make the case.  One day, they'll wake up and see the reality that they've had a hand in creating, but, by then, it will be too late unless they have a different business model in mind that they're working towards.

I'll start off saying I'm a collector, not a reseller so my opinions may be different or not accurate, but I'll add my two cents. I've been watching the lego deals forum the past few years and I've noticed a lack of sales posts compared to 2017-2020 and while I attributed that to less retailers offering big discounts or pricing errors, but also to a smaller of number of resellers in the market or those sellers realizing posting the deals here leads to more competition or moving to a different more private website or forum to limit the competition. I'm leaning more towards the deals drying up and margins are harder to come by, but it made me wonder.

Either way, I'm glad the forums are here. I've enjoyed them for quite awhile.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, curiusgeorge said:

I'll start off saying I'm a collector, not a reseller so my opinions may be different or not accurate, but I'll add my two cents. I've been watching the lego deals forum the past few years and I've noticed a lack of sales posts compared to 2017-2020 and while I attributed that to less retailers offering big discounts or pricing errors, but also to a smaller of number of resellers in the market or those sellers realizing posting the deals here leads to more competition or moving to a different more private website or forum to limit the competition. I'm leaning more towards the deals drying up and margins are harder to come by, but it made me wonder.

Either way, I'm glad the forums are here. I've enjoyed them for quite awhile.

Ah, thank you for this post. It got me thinking... everyone's focus here has been on the Seller, but no one's talking about the Buyer. Has the buyer changed over the last few years? Yes, more resellers have entered the market, thus suppressing prices. Still, it could also be the buyer realizing they don't have to pay these crazy second-hand prices from resellers if they start buying before retirement and also start taking advantage of sales in-season instead of being Day 1 retail price buyers (creating competition against resellers for discounted prices).

Think about it. The pandemic saw a lot of new folks building and collecting LEGO, not reselling. After you've paid RRP several times only to see the set eventually get discounted by 30%, you start to consider being patient. These folks also probably bought a few retired sets during that timeframe from resellers for good money and might have started paying more attention to in-season sets that they knew they would eventually want post-retirement and started buying them right before they retired. If these folks did all that, your pool of buyers in the secondary market would have gotten smaller, thus suppressing resell prices.

I know all of this from personal experience as a true big-money collector. I got into LEGO around 2017 and went absolutely crazy initially, then got smarter with my addiction. I even joined BP because I knew if I couldn't beat you all, I'd join you. Maybe you guys realized that trend recently and, as @curiusgeorge mentioned, stopped posting the deals or went private.

The only one truly winning in all of this, if my assumption is correct, would be LEGO. 

On 7/29/2023 at 3:11 PM, Captain_Obvious said:

Ah, thank you for this post. It got me thinking... everyone's focus here has been on the Seller, but no one's talking about the Buyer. Has the buyer changed over the last few years? Yes, more resellers have entered the market, thus suppressing prices. Still, it could also be the buyer realizing they don't have to pay these crazy second-hand prices from resellers if they start buying before retirement and also start taking advantage of sales in-season instead of being Day 1 retail price buyers (creating competition against resellers for discounted prices).

Think about it. The pandemic saw a lot of new folks building and collecting LEGO, not reselling. After you've paid RRP several times only to see the set eventually get discounted by 30%, you start to consider being patient. These folks also probably bought a few retired sets during that timeframe from resellers for good money and might have started paying more attention to in-season sets that they knew they would eventually want post-retirement and started buying them right before they retired. If these folks did all that, your pool of buyers in the secondary market would have gotten smaller, thus suppressing resell prices.

@curiusgeorge

From my experience most customers/people are driven by impulses and mostly not rational buying decisions. Maybe an example: In october/begining of november you could do your christmas shopping with empty shopping centers with good discounts, but many people do begin to shop at the end of november/december with full Shopping centers and no discounts.

Your assessment is correct for price sensitive people/homo oeconomicus.

Lots of LEGO Youtube Channels are on last day of a 72 hour stream if anyone is interested

Complete schedule can be found at this link https://72hourlego.blogspot.com/ time are US central

Family Bricks ends at 2pm Central

The Brick Bods 2pm-4pm

FikinBricks 4-6pm

Hauling and Balling 6-8pm

The Brickhead Family 8pm-midnight US CENTRAL time

Edited by ponderingzissou

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Guys, this time Shane is revealing his BLUEPRINT and PULLING BACK the curtains! Don't Miss!

image.png.f8e773ecb116237186d9a7de8aac4484.png

might be the last hurrah before these influencers start to fade. BriQ Foundation already has been gone for close to a year.....

don't know whether to cry or laugh at those stupid enough to listen to idiots who are clearly bailing and trying to make money by selling fools "gold"

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

don't know whether to cry or laugh at those stupid enough to listen to idiots who are clearly bailing and trying to make money by selling fools "gold"

I think it should depend on what the person is trying to get out of it.  If they're just looking to be a hobbyist seller, it's probably not a bad deal since I'm sure they provide some level of knowledge that would help folks like that out.  However, when they start talking about scaling is when I suspect things start to fall apart.  I know that Shane likes to tout that he's built a 6-figure reselling business, which is commendable, but not too difficult if you have a good head on your shoulders, access to sufficient capital, and know how to source inventory.  However, he seems to like to promote people who have some type of 7-figure story and I personally don't think that's realistic for most people out there.  Doable...sure; realistic...no.

1 minute ago, Phantom Toys said:

I think it should depend on what the person is trying to get out of it.  If they're just looking to be a hobbyist seller, it's probably not a bad deal since I'm sure they provide some level of knowledge that would help folks like that out.  However, when they start talking about scaling is when I suspect things start to fall apart.  I know that Shane likes to tout that he's built a 6-figure reselling business, which is commendable, but not too difficult if you have a good head on your shoulders, access to sufficient capital, and know how to source inventory.  However, he seems to like to promote people who have some type of 7-figure story and I personally don't think that's realistic for most people out there.  Doable...sure; realistic...no.

It mentions how to run a business so I’m sure there will more “not free” seminars, follow ups, templates, etc … I don’t blame anyone for trying to make money, I just petty those who pay for it. 

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Guys, this time Shane is revealing his BLUEPRINT and PULLING BACK the curtains! Don't Miss!

image.png.f8e773ecb116237186d9a7de8aac4484.png

might be the last hurrah before these influencers start to fade. BriQ Foundation already has been gone for close to a year.....

Are you attending? If so please let us know the “incredible secret” to get discounts. Probably the same one Jim/Steve/Wolf shares, the BN loophole. 

Shane has a hot GF he showed her off as the reason for missing the last lego sale. So he must be doing something right ;) 

Mark from BriQ Foundation had a baby and then there was a family medical issue and he sold a lot of sets on Whatnot and people overpaid. 

Edited by Pseudoty

10 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Shane has a hot GF he showed her off as the reason for missing the last lego sale. So he must be doing something right ;) 

Need a guide to that

10 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Are you attending? If so please let us know the “incredible secret” to get discounts. Probably the same one Jim/Steve/Wolf shares, the BN loophole. 

Hmmm, never heard of that one

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Who is Shane? lol

A guy who misses out on good investments because he can't keep his eye on the prize

image.png.9a8fe6cdfab97b3b57a820e5f9c573d6.png

3 years of making content that hurts your own profits in order to obtain 20k subscribers on YouTube. Now that's a victory. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Who is Shane? lol

Y'all have been using outdated strategies and obsolete sourcing techniques. Cutting edge algorithmic buying plugins powered by AI are the future. Can't give away more, ya gotta sign up to IGNITE to get access to MUCH DEEPER strategies,  the BLUEPRINT, and THE LEGO INCOME MACHINE

image.thumb.png.b0caf3dd3558a4036a8ea3cc773fae0a.png 

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 1