Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

On 10/1/2021 at 12:07 AM, BAtacos said:

If you guys like customizing sets and city building Robin Hood Bricks is a great YouTube channel. Its just a guy sharing his hobby and he's got a lot of creative ideas.

I just recently stumbled upon his channel! Agreed. Anyone that is interested in large city layouts should check him out. Love his sense of humor with minifigs in his layout.

Really like that he found a way to cleverly integrate Hidden Side into his city via a subway beneath his city

20211003_210926.jpg.131df17e603d7e90d6b1a6ff65da1dd3.jpg20211003_210859.jpg.b60b7dd1560c26216a042afb32e8122b.jpg

Edited by ponderingzissou
Adding images

7 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

image.thumb.png.365e676c29918c128cf36cf7c29ec85d.png

Given the subject matter, predictions of guaranteed success is ironic.

I haven't watched a ton of his content, so maybe I have missed it somewhere, but where do those predictions come from? Similar price-point set appreciation? Looks like I need to buy every 10294 I can get my hands on and then send my girls to college on the proceeds. 

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

I haven't watched a ton of his content, so maybe I have missed it somewhere, but where do those predictions come from? Similar price-point set appreciation? Looks like I need to buy every 10294 I can get my hands on and then send my girls to college on the proceeds. 

Well its more interesting/clickbait then saying saying after 2 years EOL 1200-1800 USD

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

amazon taking down the gates and seller counts be busting 200 like never before.   

sets that EOL'd last year still being sold by amazon.com the seller for 30% over msrp. 

now these promotional investment videos exhorting further sellers to further concentrate holdings on an even smaller number of sets to sell into an already crowded swollen market.  

ISITZEN — jumping the shark

ok and just to make sure i have my bases covered:

51f1880f6bb3f7e05900007b?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I can't wait to see it move into a Multi Level Marketing ponzi scheme. You invite 10 friends and they each invite 10 friends, and each of you buy the exact same sets that some moron apparently named Shane buys using their affiliate links, and suddenly you're all bagholding the same overhoarded set that Lego extends over and over because of the sales levels. 

I'm looking forward to the 1099 rule change that will hopefully clear out a bunch of the small fish. I expect the panic to start the  moment eBay and PayPal start asking for their social security numbers. I look forward to the drama and flowing tears. 

My favorite part of the entire deal is that the checkmark and gift box images they are using link directly back to the page they stole it from. Gives me much faith in the product. 

• Like 2

Cracks me up that he puts a value of $500 on his inventory spreadsheet. Who knew that you don't even have to buy Lego to make the money, just list some sets on a spreadsheet and sell the spreadsheet for $500...

I imagine that their Lego deals feed is either a link to the Brickpicker daily deals page or a link to the reddit legodeals group. But that link can be yours for the low value of $400!

If anyone actually subscribes to this junk it will put the future of humanity into serious doubt for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

If anyone actually subscribes to this junk it will put the future of humanity into serious doubt for me.

I am selling $10 sets to people for $70. The future of humanity has been in serious doubt for quite a while already if you ask me.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Love this "Brainstorming Sessions & Live Chat". Brings memories of trying to get into clubs when I was younger. They'd make you wait outside forever and when you finally got in, nobody was even there.

I will say this, it's really well written from a marketer's perspective. I'm sure he'll catch some fish.

Also, all the price points ending in "7" is kinda interesting 🤔

Screenshot 2021-10-13 153039.png

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Haha 1

Also, all the price points ending in "7" is kinda interesting 

Yeah, now that you mention it... Isn't the reason that stores do this is to make buyers feel like they aren't spending as much as they actually are? $497 is supposed to look a lot more appealing than $500 right?

But if you are wanting people to think that they are getting the most value for their money then wouldn't you want them to see the $500 and not the $497?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

But if you are wanting people to think that they are getting the most value for their money then wouldn't you want them to see the $500 and not the $497?

Why not 100 billion dollars??? I mean he doesn't say the value is denoted in USD. Could be in Zimbabwean Dollars 😄

zimbabwean-100-billion-dollar-note-b7rt6h.thumb.jpg.17e92f42ce5eb10f3dcd72b3c184b039.jpg

I'm always skeptical whenever someone is trying to sell a bundle of stuff I can't buy individually. Where do these values come from? And more importantly, who would believe them?

On 10/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, Shortbus311 said:

Yeah, now that you mention it... Isn't the reason that stores do this is to make buyers feel like they aren't spending as much as they actually are? $497 is supposed to look a lot more appealing than $500 right?

I like your observation here. I think his "7" price point is very strategic in a way..

If you do the "0" ending, it appears exaggerated (i.e. $500). "9" is too salesy ($499.99). "7" is unexpected, therefore kind of appears real ($497). I do this same BS with my eBay listings. My fixed shipping costs always end in a weird way such as "$27.17" or "$18.23" (too lazy to pre-calculate and like the control of determining my placement in price listing searches). This allows me to get to the top of the page when a buyer sorts by price, tricks the buyer into thinking it's the real cost of shipping because it just looks odd, and still maintains my exit price. It actually works. And F Timmy and his procrastinating last-minute buying family.

3 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I like your observation here. I think his "7" price point is very strategic in a way..

If you do the "0" ending, it appears exaggerated (i.e. $500). "9" is too salesy ($499.99). "7" is unexpected, therefore kind of appears real ($497). I do this same BS with my eBay listings. My fixed shipping costs always end in a weird way such as "$27.17" or "$18.23" (too lazy to pre-calculate and like the control of determining my placement in price listing searches). This allows me to get to the top of the page when a buyer sorts by price, tricks the buyer into thinking it's the real cost of shipping because it just looks odd, and still maintains my exit price. It actually works. And F Timmy and his procrastinating last-minute buying family.

If I see a "7" on the end of a price, I presume it's from walmart.  So I expect this is his everyday, regular, low-price.

19 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Scammers gotta Scam…

F44EFC1E-852C-4928-AB79-1B3A3B2B9B97.jpeg

• Haha 1