Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

13 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Y'all have been using outdated strategies and obsolete sourcing techniques. Cutting edge algorithmic buying plugins powered by AI are the future. Can't give away more, ya gotta sign up to IGNITE to get access to MUCH DEEPER strategies,  the BLUEPRINT, and THE LEGO INCOME MACHINE

image.thumb.png.b0caf3dd3558a4036a8ea3cc773fae0a.png 

Dont mock him, hes trying to make some bucks. It hurts our business in some way, but that is the risk of having a business at all. We are all here for the money.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Dont mock him, hes trying to make some bucks. It hurts our business in some way, but that is the risk of having a business at all. We are all here for the money.

Mock I will. I don't begrudge him his business model - I always thought he was smart for doing so even tho it hurts existing sellers. My issue with him is he oversells and misleads uneducated newcomers who are unaware of the collapsing market- he does not adequately speak out the risks involved. His hype to cautioning ratio is unethical. His old partner Jim Rome was better in this regard and Jim also does not pretend that the 1% of sets that get 400% returns are anywhere close to the norm.

Shane's language and pitch are predatory and inversely the promises have increased as the Lego investing market has been on the decline.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sozial said:

maybe mocking is a strong word but when you give "secrets" you are no longer giving secrets and you are by default harming the very audience (customers) you are pretending to care about and charge money, just by diluting the pool even further. 

26 minutes ago, Sozial said:

We knew he was here somewhere all along....

image.png.0b75a987a3e36d29b609534e44a3b9ce.png

Around these parts we mock each other because we love each other. We give each other bad advice because we love our business. 

Eureka! That's it! He gives bad advice on youtube because he loves his business as well. Of course, any publicity regarding reselling being "gold" is bad publicity...... 

So in the interest of everyone involved, he is welcome to penetrate himself with all of the used dongs an eBay member threatened to send me.

image.png.eac176a83b9647377c46dfc624b10f1b.png

Edited by brickvoyeur

12 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Y'all have been using outdated strategies and obsolete sourcing techniques. Cutting edge algorithmic buying plugins powered by AI are the future. Can't give away more, ya gotta sign up to IGNITE to get access to MUCH DEEPER strategies,  the BLUEPRINT, and THE LEGO INCOME MACHINE

image.thumb.png.b0caf3dd3558a4036a8ea3cc773fae0a.png 

Sh*t, those Bold, Italicized and Capitalized letters make me attempt to join his class!

Edited by freakchem
  • Haha 1

I watched small part of it out of boredom. Basically a nice basic summary (cashback, cc points, coupons, membership, PM, and bunch of other saving techniques) but the main part of it was his pitch to become a member where he would offer tens of thousands in value through his various offerings - his excel inventory, amazon ungating exclusive facebook group etc....

so it was an infomercial

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

I watched small part of it out of boredom. Basically a nice basic summary (cashback, cc points, coupons, membership, PM, and bunch of other saving techniques) but the main part of it was his pitch to become a member where he would offer tens of thousands in value through his various offerings - his excel inventory, amazon ungating exclusive facebook group etc....

so it was an infomercial

Let me know when I should act surprised... better yet join my exclusive expression REVEAL feed for $5.99 today!!! Dont delay 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

so it was an infomercial

His pitch is so sharp... but can it still slice a tomato?

Spoiler

image.gif.b265c1f9efef84c7bed4fe45ae27b21d.gif

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

so it was an infomercial

I caught a little bit of it and almost spit my drink out when I heard him say that managing inventory is not hard right after saying that scaling a LEGO reselling business isn't hard.  For me, after bookkeeping, managing inventory has been hands down the biggest PIA over the years particularly as I've grown scale.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantom Toys said:

I caught a little bit of it and almost spit my drink out when I heard him say that managing inventory is not hard right after saying that scaling a LEGO reselling business isn't hard.  For me, after bookkeeping, managing inventory has been hands down the biggest PIA over the years particularly as I've grown scale.   

Inventory is also a giant pain in the rear to liquidate if you pick a loser.

8 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Inventory is also a giant pain in the rear to liquidate if you pick a loser.

Are you telling me that even buying at a high discount, and selling at a loss, it can be hard to dump some sets? I simply don't believe it.

A throwback:

On 11/5/2022 at 5:02 PM, brickvoyeur said:

image.png.83a5c8a0ccb89c22338a5aeff6e19e20.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Are you telling me that even buying at a high discount, and selling at a loss, it can be hard to dump some sets? I simply don't believe it.

A throwback:

There really is no high discount with lego, on average it's 30% plus you still have to factor in shipping, LTL is not that cheap