Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

On 10/25/2023 at 9:13 AM, Bricklectic said:

I watched small part of it out of boredom. Basically a nice basic summary (cashback, cc points, coupons, membership, PM, and bunch of other saving techniques) but the main part of it was his pitch to become a member where he would offer tens of thousands in value through his various offerings - his excel inventory, amazon ungating exclusive facebook group etc....

so it was an infomercial

This is some next level hucksterism.  He's clearly been doing his research on how to structure a pitch like this.  "Get all this value for the low low price of $1182."  It's a shame that he doesn't seem to understand that he's undermining the future viability of this great opportunity he's pitching...or maybe he does and just doesn't care.

image.gif

On 10/24/2023 at 6:50 PM, Bricklectic said:

image.thumb.png.cb38246ddbcf285611c421cfe350cc79.png

Took long enough after all those "LEGO is better than gold" articles for the hustle culture to latch on. Every online grifter has used this same webpage layout with a few interchangeable words and colors. At least it isn't a course on cryptocurrency ....or an OnlyFans.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Took long enough after all those "LEGO is better than gold" articles for the hustle culture to latch on. Every online grifter has used this same webpage layout with a few interchangeable words and colors. At least it isn't a course on cryptocurrency ....or an OnlyFans.

I had a strange feeling that's where all of this was going.

image.png.6995e7c6d42a8f45c58d35d8e91905c9.png

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, redcell said:

Turns out that all you need to be successful at LEGO investing is a time machine to go back to when people weren't touting LEGO investing on YouTube.

back in those days, people had some decency and only touted it in USA Today

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tk79 said:

back in those days, people had some decency and only touted it in USA Today

or the christian science monitor circa 2016:

https://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2016/0105/Forget-stocks-and-gold.-Why-investors-are-turning-to-LEGOs

but now we get good housekeeping's take on "passion investing" in lego from just 2 days ago:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/consumer-advice/money/a45969230/passions-investments/

18 minutes ago, cladner said:

or the christian science monitor circa 2016:

https://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2016/0105/Forget-stocks-and-gold.-Why-investors-are-turning-to-LEGOs

but now we get good housekeeping's take on "passion investing" in lego from just 2 days ago:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/consumer-advice/money/a45969230/passions-investments/

wow brickpicker.com made the new article too : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

So this guy isn't reviewing Lego sets when he doesn't get them for free?  I didn't watch any of these paid shills, they all sound like a bunch of entitled, whiny gashes. 

Jang for life.

Bigger issue will be obtaining set early enough to be first with review video although clearly being too quick is what landed him in doodoo.  So much drama in the LAN.

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

Bigger issue will be obtaining set early enough to be first with review video although clearly being too quick is what landed him in doodoo.  So much drama in the LAN.

this is more of  tell me you are begging without telling me  you are begging. Head so far up Lego's a** I can smell it across the screen. 

• Haha 2