Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

16 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I'm certain it will sell out, but there is a ton of window without a ton of architecture on the outside. Without the lighting kit on the inside there, I can't imagine it looks that great compared to the external designs of the official modulars. 

image.png.a7aa712b107476bc41b9bc58b9786051.png

maybe do a bit surgery to the roof to make it (or portion of it) transparent so lights can go in? 😉

7 minutes ago, LotsoTrainz said:

Ordered the Lego Store, but very tempting to get a Bowling Alley too.  Interesting to see how the order finishes.

Yeah I'm back and forth on the bowling alley... It's a nice design.  I've become a bit confused by what the final design actually looks like/contains.  I started looking at it through the ideas page and it's quite a bit different there (more lanes and more insides).  The description on bricklink says things like "gumball machine" which is seen on the ideas photos, but I cannot locate it in the bricklink photos.

4 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Yeah I'm back and forth on the bowling alley... It's a nice design.  I've become a bit confused by what the final design actually looks like/contains.  I started looking at it through the ideas page and it's quite a bit different there (more lanes and more insides).  The description on bricklink says things like "gumball machine" which is seen on the ideas photos, but I cannot locate it in the bricklink photos.

I imagine the ideas submission is moot at this point, these have gone through some kind of finalization process to come to these price points/actual workability. When open, the Bowling alley is awesome, but it has a roof with AC units and stuff... so on display as a building it looks like the suburban hellscape I already see all the time. If it had made it as an IDEAS set, the Lego designers would have addressed this issue, I think.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Its design is my biggest pro/con.  Taking up approximately 2 baseplates makes it harder to place it somewhere.  But the inside is much more fun with the wider build.  Being disciplined can be no fun sometimes lol :P .

• Like 1