Retro Bowling Alley by avila for $229.99
Brickwest Studios by BrickyBricks82 for $279.99
Ruined House by Kirteem for $299.99
Clockwork Aquarium by Farquar for $64.99
Quest Builder by legobouwer for $259.99
Science Adventures by Alatariel for $35.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooof, my wallet is hurting. 

Perhaps I did not do the math on the first go-round, but these seem pricier to me. In crunching the numbers, I guess they're fair on a price/part, which I know isn't always the best metric. The sets just don't seem to need as may pieces as are listed. For example, comparing the Wild West Saloon (1500 pieces) vs. Brickwest Studios (3750 pieces). The latter is clearly bigger but I'm not sure I see 2.5x worth. While I like Brickwest, the bowling alley, and seasons in time, I don't see them having the aftermarket appeal as Castle in the Forest and the Great Fishing Boat. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

Perhaps I did not do the math on the first go-round, but these seem pricier to me. In crunching the numbers, I guess they're fair on a price/part, which I know isn't always the best metric. The sets just don't seem to need as may pieces as are listed. For example, comparing the Wild West Saloon (1500 pieces) vs. Brickwest Studios (3750 pieces). The latter is clearly bigger but I'm not sure I see 2.5x worth. While I like Brickwest, the bowling alley, and seasons in time, I don't see them having the aftermarket appeal as Castle in the Forest and the Great Fishing Boat. Thoughts?

It seems to be priced similarly. Castle in the Forrest was also $180 and about 2000 pieces. Similar to the Windmill and the Lego Store. It does have 6 minifigs and a horse though.

I'm not crazy about any of these. I like the idea of the Lego store but I'm really looking forward to round 3.

I would still like to see what we actually get like exclusive elements, box, and Minifigures with round 1 before committing to multiples of round 2. Either way if that lego store is an actual Modular should be golden. 

The designer of the castle in the forest in response to QFLL said 2 weeks ago that once he gets the finalized parts list, and that he doesn’t expect many changes to be made unlike other ideas sets, that he will upload them to BL. 

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

...Either way if that lego store is an actual Modular should be golden....

A couple of screengrabs from the designer video. It looks good among other modulars and the size looks appropriate. I think I may snag this one. 

Per the video, the Lego Store was opened in an old New York historical building. 

Mod Lego Store1.jpg

Mod Lego Store2.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

A couple of screengrabs from the designer video. It looks good among other modulars and the size looks appropriate. I think I may snag this one. 

Per the video, the Lego Store was opened in an old New York historical building. 

This is the one I'm going to get. I don't even frequent the Lego Store, but it's a nice looking build. I don't get the appeal of the abandoned house and its 1000 ingot roof.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 7:32 PM, oneknightr said:

Mod Lego Store1.jpg

Mod Lego Store2.jpg

The spot for the Technic pins to connect is recessed one brick on each side but is covered from view on the front by the lion head pillars. It looks good either way, but thinking lego may change it so that it actually connects with a basic Technic pin or maybe I am missing something. 

D9AF489E-38BD-42D9-BDEF-0C7BE5DDA53B.jpeg

I wasn’t interested in either of these but here you go:

Program Update: We’ve moved Venetian House forward into Round 2 and Brickwest Studio back to Round 3. This is out of respect for people affected by the recent tragedy on the set of Rust. We didn’t want to draw any unintended and inappropriate association between the fan design and the tragedy at this difficult time. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, kumas said:

Snowflakes are everywhere these days, the Brickwest Studio was the only one I really wanted the 2nd round

This is interesting to me. Everyone is ready to call someone else a snowflake, but no one will cop to how snowflakey they are…

it is snowflakey to see a toy rendition of something that barely relates to a tragic event that you weren’t even involved in, and be outraged  

it is snowflakey to call “people” “snowflakey” because they are the imagined boogeyman in a scenario in which you can’t get a toy on the timeline that “THEY PROMISED!”

Meanwhile, companies will do whatever they think is best for their bottom line…

IDK, doesn’t matter, everyone will continue to be outraged by whatever their chosen talking heads tell them they should be outraged by today and then something different tomorrow…

Because that’s what they all think is best for their bottom line.

• Like 2

20211104_193932.jpg.634ba0fb28680fb4f24545fd636befae.jpg

...but here I am talking 😄🤦‍♂️

I'm certain I'm not the only one that sighs or shakes their head at "snowflake." After reading kumas's comment I sighed but then questioned kumas's intent, closed my eyes, and went to sleep. I assumed they were only disappointed and wanted to vent their frustration about the delay of the LEGO set NOT to generate a discussion about politics and/or empathy. I'm guessing "snowflake" was bouncing around in kumas's mind and crept into the comment because... well those "talking heads" benefit from creating division and we hear it often. Words have a way of sneaking into our vocabulary like that.

17 hours ago, kumas said:

Snowflakes are everywhere these days, the Brickwest Studio was the only one I really wanted the 2nd round

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

This is interesting to me. Everyone is ready to call someone else a snowflake, but no one will cop to how snowflakey they are…

it is snowflakey to see a toy rendition of something that barely relates to a tragic event that you weren’t even involved in, and be outraged  

it is snowflakey to call “people” “snowflakey” because they are the imagined boogeyman in a scenario in which you can’t get a toy on the timeline that “THEY PROMISED!”

Meanwhile, companies will do whatever they think is best for their bottom line…

IDK, doesn’t matter, everyone will continue to be outraged by whatever their chosen talking heads tell them they should be outraged by today and then something different tomorrow…

Because that’s what they all think is best for their bottom line.

Edited by ponderingzissou

12 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

I assumed they were only disappointed and wanted to vent their frustration about the delay of the LEGO set NOT to generate a discussion about politics and/or empathy.

Snowflake is a political word. If you want to complain in an apolitical way, you don’t use that word.

Re: “a wise man once said…” it’s fine to be a monk, and peacefully watch the world burn down around you. That’s a thing a guy could do. It’s also fine to make fun of me for crying salty tears in the Pacific and hoping to change its salinity. 

(Posted before you edited to say “but here I am talking”  nice self awareness there!, I’m with you  I really am.)

Sometimes it’s useful to hold up a mirror for people, most times not. 

I like the bowling ally, the lego store, the venitian houses and the windmill. But Jeesh, $1k… idk. 

Edited by House Schubert
To add the parenthetical text
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Re: “a wise man once said…” it’s fine to be a monk, and peacefully watch the world burn down around you. That’s a thing a guy could do. It’s also fine to make fun of me for crying salty tears in the Pacific and hoping to change its salinity. 

👏😄 Agree that there are conflicting wise man sayings for many situations as well as different interpretations of their meanings. 

"A wise man once said nothing." Lately I've learned that its best if I not respond at all to some things OR wait to respond. If it is still knawing at me then address it after thought. Healthier for me to selectively ignore some annoyances. I also agree with you though that sometimes it is best to take action or speak up.

I've also interpreted the saying as meaning if one is talking they aren't learning. Rather they are regurgitating what they've heard and/or distracting themselves and others from learning. To learn one must observe and think. 

I'm considering purchasing the same four that you mentioned but I'll most likely narrow it to one or two only

Edited by ponderingzissou

I dont get why they are scared, thousands of people die every day in an accident.
Very true. I am sure that thousands die daily around the world from automobile accidents, but Lego doesn't stop making cars. They don't stop producing airplane sets each time there is an aircraft crash. They still put ladders in their sets even though people get hurt or die from falling off ladders every year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It’s LEGO’s decision to make, it’s not cancelled and an equally good set got pushed up. I’m sure the creator of the Venetian set is happy, since it’s obvious their set was ready to go as well.

And who knows, maybe the creator of the western movie set asked to be pushed back, because of their own desire to put some space between the incident and their set. If the creator wants that, I can’t see forcing them to release their set this round if they don’t want to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kumas said:

I dont get why they are scared, thousands of people die every day in an accident.

they're just reaching back into the same playbook that sent the vegas architecture set through a complete re-design following the route91 harvest concert massacre in 2017.  the original set design included the hotel from which the shooter unloaded on the festival goers.  no one running a colorful happy family brick co. wants to be seen as cashing in on someone else's misery. in this case the timing is bad.   i hope the set is eventually released as it looks very cool.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Speaking of Brickwest Studios the final images are up. Did it change I thought it was all brown but now it looks to be brown and blue?

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215718/Brickwest-Studios

Screen grab from a youtube channel back in May 2020. Appears to be a darker hue blue, but could be the poor picture quality. There does appear to be more structual brown pieces used in between the floors. 

The Van/trailer got a yellow stripe and some ponds added. Windmill and Water tower slightly altered along with switching sides. Also appears the camera on a track was nixed.

Also interesting to note, the new pics uploaded to Bricklink do not show minifigs anywhere.  The first rendition had ~10 minifigs and a 2 horses?!?

image.png.59ec80fb78ed50d82d6543871080f629.png

image.thumb.png.2c286e32c91e5be434940a64fd97a38b.png

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

do you have to have a brick link account to order this or can you just order directly from the lego store and it is not linked to bricklink ?

Last time, which was a mess, you had to initiate the order with your brick link account but complete the checkout process on Lego dot com. Tomorrow should be fun with the limit 1 not sure those $299 sets will make the threshold. 

• Like 1