Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

56 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

im surprised pursuit of flight isnt getting more love. there are some real cool tweaks to this on youtube by the creator showing various star wars ship pursuits. maybe he shuolda submitted those instead

I wish I would have know.  I would have been more likely to grab it if that was the case.

The rules didn't allow for licensed products.  So Star Wars would have been out. But maybe even suggesting that this was highly mod'able would have helped.

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I wish I would have know.  I would have been more likely to grab it if that was the case.

The rules didn't allow for licensed products.  So Star Wars would have been out. But maybe even suggesting that this was highly mod'able would have helped.

Is it sold out? I bought one just an hour ago and can still add more to my bag. It does show very close to the 5000 mark on the bricklink page though.

17 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

IDK if the Pursuit of Flight instructions are still available online but I bricklinked one for myself about a year ago.   Mine has two aircraft: the French Spad and German Tri-Fokker.

Do you recall about how much it cost to bricklink?

Sooo everything is funded, last two are dropped and all are sold out except the Kakapo.... with 40 days left.... LOL

I'd say that was a success overall

EDIT - I missed the details of this, but I assume the key here is that header graphic on the webpage with only 5 slots. Once those 5 filled, the remainder sets were just immediately unavailable. I assume then with two more rounds, we'd get a total of 15 sets max from this whole project.

Edited by scatttcat
Addition

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

I assume then with two more rounds, we'd get a total of 15 sets max from this whole project.

The rules say 13 sets total. There around 5 more I am interested in and 2 are must haves for me. I also didn’t know a set could get eliminated if it didn’t make it to 5K orders prior to others. 

1 hour ago, stuco191 said:

Cryptic update from brick link 871f21e767c4fabec28c8c390e1e53aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet they are going to produce more. Why wouldn't they? Money, money & money. 🤔

Tho I don't get why they struggled to sell the ADP sets, 

Funny thing is these "evil" folks who maxed out the limit must represent a good amount of LEGO sales in general!

Bet they are going to produce more. Why wouldn't they? Money, money & money.
Tho I don't get why they struggled to sell the ADP sets, 
Funny thing is these "evil" folks who maxed out the limit must represent a good amount of LEGO sales in general!

FOMO is a powerful motivator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

hope theres a way  cancel if they end up making more. but my order status says "in warehouse
" so it cant be cancelled seemingly

"in warehouse"? Already? How can that be. I thought they were going to start producing only sometime after the order period was over (mid August).

For me, it says "in process" for all three different sets I got.

Mine are processing as well. 

I have absolutely no problem with them increasing the production for later waves and changing the customer order limit, but I think it's unfair to those of us who crowdfunded with the understanding that this would be a limited product. I was not fully sold on the castle but knowing that I could own (and maybe flip...) a very limited LEGO set was part of the appeal. I also know that casual LEGO fans are upset but... the castle was still available to order for 40 minutes. That's a massive amount of time for something with such a small print run. The time and date were heavily advertised. If LEGO actually cared about being "equal", then they wouldn't have limited the sets produced to just the first 5 funded either. Crazy. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, raindroplet said:

Mine are processing as well. 

I have absolutely no problem with them increasing the production for later waves and changing the customer order limit, but …Crazy. 

You contradict yourself. 

Edited by Mathew

I think they will maintain the quantity limits at least until all the rounds are completed.  Their goal is not to fund a particular set but get the most overall backing for most of the sets. 

I do think they will consider increasing afterwards if there's a large outcry.  If the packaging ends up being generic then that will increase the chance of increased production; in 2019, I believe the packaging/printing (with numbering) was all pre-planned and outsourced by a third party vendor which essentially made it near impossible to even consider additional runs. 

Hopefully they just do a we hear you and going forward these are the changes we are going to make: limit 1 for the first day(s), open it up to all countries that lego proper already ships to, not just the current 30, as that also seems to be a major complaint in the comments, and increasing it to 10K units per set as you are asking for 10K supporters but only making 5K sets. The castle wasn’t really that hard to get in comparison to other products if you weren’t sleeping. 

I think anyone preselling this now on eBay is foolish. And for all the people complaining about what they are “going for” on eBay I don’t see one sold listing as of yet.

All of mine are processing none in warehouse. 

BE1636F5-A623-43E7-A906-0E57872CD225.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2