Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2021

5 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

That's what they did last time. Of course, not owned by LEGO yet, but Bricklink sellers got first dibs on bulk buys.

Pretty sure that Bricklink (in the deal with LEGO) were committed to buying the specific piece count (for the full order). It is likely the same  with the materials, boxes, etc. that they ordered (so they had to sell all the sets, or take the loss).

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

When I checked the Castle was shown as sold out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When LEGO re-released an additional 5000 units of all the sets except for castle. They “accidentally” sold 10,000 units in the first round of just the castle. So today they did not release any more castles. Only the other 4 sets. So when it’s all done there will be 10,000 units of all of the 5 sets. They did limit buying today to 1 per account. 

Edited by Gonkalin
  • Like 1

When LEGO re-released an additional 5000 units of all the sets except for castle. They “accidentally” sold 10,000 units in the first round of just the castle. So today they did not release any more castles. Only the other 4 sets. So when it’s all done there will be 10,000 units of all of the 5 sets. They did limit buying today to 1 per account. 

Correct. I was answering Psuedoty who wondered if any were available.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like other than Castle and Boat, the others are struggling to hit 10K. Don't know about you but to me it suggests that "real" demand from end consumers isn't there, which also suggests that perhaps "investors" make up a larger slice of the pie than they realize (or care to admit).

Still two weeks to go but orders haven't changed much in a week, and the hype has gone

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

Looks like other than Castle and Boat, the others are struggling to hit 10K. Don't know about you but to me it suggests that "real" demand from end consumers isn't there, which also suggests that perhaps "investors" make up a larger slice of the pie than they realize (or care to admit).

Still two weeks to go but orders haven't changed much in a week, and the hype has gone

I saw an update that the splash page accidentally listed all 5 of the sets as sold out and unless you clicked on the individual set it would not appear to be orderable. Not sure that it will make that much of a difference with the 3 remaining. 
Hopefully they get their act together before the next round there are 3 sets I would like for personal build. 

7 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

With the castle instructions being available to everyone, are there any parts that appear to be exclusive to this set? 

I haven’t seen the instructions yet. Not sure if lego is going to fine tune the set like they do with other ideas projects but the original would have had to be sourced from already existing pieces. From the comments on the set design page these were parts that had potential to be pricey: Dark Orange 2x2 tiles and LBG 1x3x3 arches. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

In for the Windmill and the Lego Modular which if limited to 10K will be a winner. Avoiding Ruined house over 4K pieces that mostly get put on crooked would kill my OCD. 

Ditto here. Those two are def my favorites. Would the Lego Store Modular be considered part of the modular line since Lego now owns Bricklink? 

I was also hoping for Anatomini. 

Edited by Gonkalin

6 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Would the Lego Store Modular be considered part of the modular line since Lego now owns Bricklink? 

Officially no but as far as AFOLs are concerned yes just like market street. Still not sure if we are getting a box with these or just a bunch of bags of sorted bricks and the pdf instructions. It would be nice if lego made that “LEGO” sign with an exclusive printed title. 

• 1 month later...

Round #2 goes live 11/9

Mountain Windmill by Hanwas for $179.99
Modular LEGO Store by Krisnow for $179.99
Seasons in Time Calendar by BrentWaller for $249.99
Retro Bowling Alley by avila for $229.99
Brickwest Studios by BrickyBricks82 for $279.99
Ruined House by Kirteem for $299.99
Clockwork Aquarium by Farquar for $64.99
Quest Builder by legobouwer for $259.99
Science Adventures by Alatariel for $35.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk