Quarantine Trends - LEGO Online Selling Prices

5 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

More...

Carousel 10257 –                              $350 - $380 –   38 available.

Winter Village 10259 -                         $115 – $130 -    60 available.

Arch Guggenheim 21035 -             $125 - $145 –  20 available.

Arch Arc 21036 -                             $60 –$70     -   30 available.

MC Mushroom 21129                      $29 - $37     -   26 available

MC Nether Railway 21130               $60 - $70    -    10 available ($$$)

MC Witch Hut 21133                        $150           -     8 available ($$$!!!)

Friends Steph House 41314             $79 - $100   -   30 available

Friends Hospital 41318                          $150- $190    - 12 available

Friends 41323 Snow Chalet                   $45 - $50        -   15 available

Friends Catamaran  41317                    $55 – 65         - 40 available

Winter Holiday Train 10254                  $125- $150    -   150 available

Technic Ocean Explorer 42064            $200                - 7 available

CITY Bulldozer Break in 60140             $74 - $80       - 14 available

CITY Coast guard HQ  60167                $150 - $175    - 9 available

TECHNIC Bucket Excavator 42055      $350 - $400   -  6 available

Ninjago Master Falls 70608                 $30 -$35         -  30 available

Thanks so much for doing these. A quick scan helps me price more appropriately. 

It's genuinely fascinating. But it also painfully reminds me of all the money I could have made by selling all of last months sales this month 🤯 😆

So many holiday trains! 

this is what i've been doing. any advantage to having a "package scale?" maybe a bit more precise? 
If you send out light sets under 1lb, such as brickheadz and battle packs or the gifts with purchase, a precise scale will save you money in the long run. Especially if you are on one of the coasts and have to ship to a buyer on the opposite coast.

Also, you may have a package that weighs 4lb 15oz and your bathroom scale reads it as 5 lbs costing you more money. Or the opposite where your bathroom scale says it weighs 4.9 lbs, but it is actually 5 lbs... and you ship it and then the buyer gets charged the extra money for it being 5 lbs and leaves you negative feedback because of it.

My advice, don't be so cheap that you skimp on a precise scale that costs less than $20.

29 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

If you send out light sets under 1lb, such as brickheadz and battle packs or the gifts with purchase, a precise scale will save you money in the long run. Especially if you are on one of the coasts and have to ship to a buyer on the opposite coast.

Also, you may have a package that weighs 4lb 15oz and your bathroom scale reads it as 5 lbs costing you more money. Or the opposite where your bathroom scale says it weighs 4.9 lbs, but it is actually 5 lbs... and you ship it and then the buyer gets charged the extra money for it being 5 lbs and leaves you negative feedback because of it.

My advice, don't be so cheap that you skimp on a precise scale that costs less than $20.

this seems so odd to me. why don't they just tack money onto the sender's account? why would they charge the person it was being shipped to?

30 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Also, you may have a package that weighs 4lb 15oz and your bathroom scale reads it as 5 lbs costing you more money. 

Doesn't USPS just consider this 5 pounds, anyway? I thought this was the case. 

And yes, if you plan on selling often, a scale dedicated to your shipments is a must. By inputting the weight and size of your shipment on Ebay, you can also get a quick sense of what it will cost to ship it throughout the U.S. and you can adjust your overall price accordingly. 

7 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

More...

Carousel 10257 –                              $350 - $380 –   38 available.

Winter Village 10259 -                         $115 – $130 -    60 available.

Arch Guggenheim 21035 -             $125 - $145 –  20 available.

Arch Arc 21036 -                             $60 –$70     -   30 available.

MC Mushroom 21129                      $29 - $37     -   26 available

MC Nether Railway 21130               $60 - $70    -    10 available ($$$)

MC Witch Hut 21133                        $150           -     8 available ($$$!!!)

Friends Steph House 41314             $79 - $100   -   30 available

Friends Hospital 41318                          $150- $190    - 12 available

Friends 41323 Snow Chalet                   $45 - $50        -   15 available

Friends Catamaran  41317                    $55 – 65         - 40 available

Winter Holiday Train 10254                  $125- $150    -   150 available

Technic Ocean Explorer 42064            $200                - 7 available

CITY Bulldozer Break in 60140             $74 - $80       - 14 available

CITY Coast guard HQ  60167                $150 - $175    - 9 available

TECHNIC Bucket Excavator 42055      $350 - $400   -  6 available

Ninjago Master Falls 70608                 $30 -$35         -  30 available

what's the criteria for this subset list?  popular/recent sale?

And yes, if you plan on selling often, a scale dedicated to your shipments is a must. By inputting the weight and size of your shipment on Ebay, you can also get a quick sense of what it will cost to ship it throughout the U.S. and you can adjust your overall price accordingly. 
Not in my experience. If you input weight into PayPal there is a price difference between 4 lb 15 oz and 5 lbs.

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:
2 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Not in my experience. If you input weight into PayPal there is a price difference between 4 lb 15 oz and 5 lbs.

Agree, and the size of the box definitely affects shipping price as well. We've sold some large lots in the past few months, and have found that it's not the weight as much as the overall box dimensions that really adds to the price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
3 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Can you only use Paypal shipping for ebay transactions w/ a transaction number?

I would like the use the Paypal discount for a friends and family transaction shipping. 

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I would like the use the Paypal discount for a friends and family transaction shipping. 

I don't know if this is still an option, but I used to use the bulk shipping function in Paypal to print labels for non ebay items. Although, it's called bulk shipping you can print one label, plus get a discount.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I use the multi-order shipping option through Paypal for non-Ebay / Bricklink shipments.  It's especially useful during the holidays when we're shipping gifts to family.  Enter in their address, package type/weight and print.  I don't know if there is the discount this way though, but not having to wait in line at the post office is worth it to me.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Try this link

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

I've used it for one-off USPS shipping labels for years....

and there's apparently an option for UPS shipping that I've never tried.

Edited by grackleflint
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, grackleflint said:

Try this link

Yep, I've used this link as well...huge time saver at the Post Office. Just walk in and drop off as opposed to waiting in line.

Try this link

The PayPal ship link has been available for years. You can use it for all your eBay sales. Hell, there’s even a button to use “irregular sized” to gain access to USPS dimensional pricing. Saves me $5-$10 on shipping massive packages via priority vs eBay’s pricing most times.

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

what's the criteria for this subset list?  popular/recent sale?

Check my posts on the first page. There are three other lists. 

Short story. These are recent sold prices on Ebay an quantity available in the US. As for the sets, I'm just picking at random from sets I own. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, steelmelt said:

Well I just sold a First Generation Death Star.  At a profit.  Never thought that would happen.  Sales are on fire.  

Nice.  Sold mine off a while ago but if you don't count "time use of money", I didn't loose anything on them because of discounts throughout the years.  The price was just enough to cover fees and actually some profit on some of them.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time even with being at home to list sets online, but seeing some of the jumps in prices for sets like Skeleton Attack, Nether Railway, Rosalyn's Healing Hideout, and others have made me find the time. Also, selling a couple of 21146 for over $125 has really shown me that I am a bonehead when it comes to Minecraft--I only have 3 of this set left when I could have purchased many more but didn't because even though I liked the set, I waited on extra discounts that didn't appear. 

• Like 1

maybe this a taboo subject..  but is anyone that is ungated in lego on Amazon willing to work with me on dropshipping some sets? (as in you list, you sell, i dropship)

The price difference between Amazon and Ebay is a but nuts right now.

i mean why fight the beast when we have the resources for everyone to make some money on the deal..

• Haha 1