Quarantine Trends - LEGO Online Selling Prices

24 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Do this long enough and you can guess package weights down to the ounce... that's reseller-loser-druid, level 6. 

God mode is wrapping all your ToyCentric packages with the free eBay shipping tape.

I am stuck at level 5.  I can only estimate package weight down to .25 lb / 4 ounce without a scale

It looks like the buying rush is winding down. I only spent 2 hours this morning packaging as supposed to 3 hours each weekend night :drag:

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It looks like the buying rush is winding down.

either that, or I've sold out of all the trending items... I haven't decided which yet.

I do expect it to wind down once retail stores are open again, and then another bump down when Amazon returns to somewhat 'normal'.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

For sure. I haven’t tried skirting the system. So far I’ve just used a bathroom scale to estimate shipping costs and then paid the actual at the post office. I’ve just never printed my own labels at home. 

assuming I should skip the bathroom scale and get a decent package scale. Any reccos? 

Are you taking the sets into the bathroom, or did you bring the bathroom to them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Prices so high...are folks doing, planning, or thought about selling their private collection pieces..and hoping to buy back when prices tank due to The recession/normal?

basically day trading w/ LEGO sets

Just sold a used Ninjago City for $350 plus ship....tempting to offload my pristine boxed set from my personal collection

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

that's the first one that popped up for me as well. it's good for large packages as well? oh say a millennium falcon? must have some sort of memory function i suppose so you can see it after you remove such a large box?

They all have a “hold” button that locks the weight on the screen when you remove the box.

More...

Carousel 10257 –                              $350 - $380 –   38 available.

Winter Village 10259 -                         $115 – $130 -    60 available.

Arch Guggenheim 21035 -             $125 - $145 –  20 available.

Arch Arc 21036 -                             $60 –$70     -   30 available.

MC Mushroom 21129                      $29 - $37     -   26 available

MC Nether Railway 21130               $60 - $70    -    10 available ($$$)

MC Witch Hut 21133                        $150           -     8 available ($$$!!!)

Friends Steph House 41314             $79 - $100   -   30 available

Friends Hospital 41318                          $150- $190    - 12 available

Friends 41323 Snow Chalet                   $45 - $50        -   15 available

Friends Catamaran  41317                    $55 – 65         - 40 available

Winter Holiday Train 10254                  $125- $150    -   150 available

Technic Ocean Explorer 42064            $200                - 7 available

CITY Bulldozer Break in 60140             $74 - $80       - 14 available

CITY Coast guard HQ  60167                $150 - $175    - 9 available

TECHNIC Bucket Excavator 42055      $350 - $400   -  6 available

Ninjago Master Falls 70608                 $30 -$35         -  30 available

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Prices so high...are folks doing, planning, or thought about selling their private collection pieces..and hoping to buy back when prices tank due to The recession/normal?

Just sold a used Ninjago City for $350 plus ship....tempting to offload my pristine boxed set from my personal collection

I'm wondering the same thing. I bought a Ninjago city & City Docks last Black Friday for personal collection.  $1000 combined is a tempting notion if I can pick them back up for half that later this year.

34 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

That's the scale I currently use. It's great.

ebay1.jpg

this topic was on another thread year ago...I got this one ( version w/ reader on a wire [for large boxes]) based on the recs for it...never did me dirty

a week ago, I "skimped" on postage resulted in both the package being crushed and the post office charging my buyer the difference...in my case it was a couple BHz (poor Harry, always gets the shaft)...so instead of just being out the $2.50 in shipping, I had to refund $10 for the crushed box...to appease buyer...which I thought was reasonable at the time.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

No guarantee the price will come down and you won’t get around to building it anyway. Sell.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

They all have a “hold” button that locks the weight on the screen when you remove the box.

For bigger packages (e.g. Amazon inbound shipment boxes), get the same company's other scale with a detached display for only $6 more. It's almost impossible to reach a "hold" button under a big box on a scale that's like 2-3" off the ground unless you have the scale (and the box) on a table.

https://www.amazon.com/Accuteck-ShipPro-Digital-Shipping-W-8580-110-Black/dp/B00KYA0RC2

3 minutes ago, grackleflint said:

For bigger packages (e.g. Amazon inbound shipment boxes)

for cheapskates like me, I place a couple spent rolls of packing tape as supports between the scale and the box, and then zero/tare the scale.  This gives me 3" of clearance or so and I can then see the scale reading.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

for cheapskates like me, I place a couple spent rolls of packing tape as supports between the scale and the box, and then zero/tare the scale.  This gives me 3" of clearance or so and I can then see the scale reading.

I use my bathroom scales for large packages in 2 steps: 

1. Weigh myself without the package

2. Weigh myself holding the package

Subtract 1 from 2 and there is your package weight. Downside: A painful reminder of my own weight.....

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I use my bathroom scales for large packages in 2 steps: 

1. Weigh myself without the package

2. Weigh myself holding the package

Subtract 1 from 2 and there is your package weight. Downside: A painful reminder of my own weight.....

this is what i've been doing. any advantage to having a "package scale?" maybe a bit more precise? 

45 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

this is what i've been doing. any advantage to having a "package scale?" maybe a bit more precise? 

In my opinion, a precise scale only matters if you are shipping a lot of light packages, less than 1 lb for cheaper USPS First Class package rates and generally less than 4 lbs for the general line separating USPS Priority Mail from being cheaper than FedEx/UPS Ground rates. Even USPS First Class rates are split every 4 oz but the differences can add up quickly for a lot of packages where 1 oz makes a difference (e.g. up to $0.92 between 12 and 13 oz on a $5 charge). 

For large packages the dimensional weight charge will outweigh the actual weight since LEGO boxes are a lot of air. For example, I sent Amazon a 22x16x16 package of small sets and the actual weight of the box was 23 lbs but the UPS dimensional weight ending up being a charge of 30 lbs so being precise to a 1/10 ounce makes no difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1