Quarantine Trends - LEGO Online Selling Prices

1 hour ago, Brickshopper said:

Most importantly prices for retired sets is going up and up.

I've been amazed at the climb in prices for recently retired sets. Sets that I would have expected to take until at least Xmas to be reasonably profitable are already at or above my target selling prices. 

1 minute ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I've been amazed at the climb in prices for recently retired sets. Sets that I would have expected to take until at least Xmas to be reasonably profitable are already at or above my target selling prices. 

I'm a bit concerned that I'm not going to have anything to sell come Christmas at this point.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sauromosis said:

So for selling Lego on Ebay and Amazon seller fulfilled, are you using pickups? I'm not a fan of the idea of running to the post office or UPS multiple times a week.

I’m using USPS schedule a pickup as you can see my mail lady is PPE up, sales have been crazy these last 3 days. 

15B0A8E7-46AD-4A62-B915-11451936DB5E.png

356A0D91-E23B-4975-A826-87A4C1B4957B.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I'm a bit concerned that I'm not going to have anything to sell come Christmas at this point.

Totally agree. 

I feel like all the good stuff is moving too fast, and I'm going to be left only with my pile of duds...

6 minutes ago, MrSam said:

Totally agree. 

I feel like all the good stuff is moving too fast, and I'm going to be left only with my pile of duds...

same here. but I told my wife that my Lego selling days are numbered, and blowing out this much inventory this quickly is super sexy to her :bb:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, sauromosis said:

So for selling Lego on Ebay and Amazon seller fulfilled, are you using pickups? I'm not a fan of the idea of running to the post office or UPS multiple times a week.

The daily postal/ups/fedex run is the highlight of my day...only excuse I got to leave the damn house ;)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Right on Pseu, I have the grumpy old man postal guy but I might list some old imperfect boxes and other stuff.

I have a few hundred old built sets most without minifigs that I may even get to listing, and a lot of sets they are NIB with minifigs pulled since there are no sports on I may finally get around to them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

75222 is making a strong showing

Yep. People are realizing they missed a decent Cloud City set that’s actually cool and from the “best” SW film.   It’s like the ultimate Barbie ranch style house for SW fans and far better than the original one.

This set is also like the anti-1960s Batcave. Too bad as that Batcave is nice. 

• Like 1

My 30-day sales are ahead of my December total.   I'm selling stuff that I didn't think would ever sell.

Benny's Spaceships for $200

T1's for $225

I even sold my Sopwith Camel, which I think is the longest hold in my inventory at close to 10 years - for $270.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DadsAFOL said:

My 30-day sales are ahead of my December total.   I'm selling stuff that I didn't think would ever sell.

T1's for $225

Wait, what?!
Well done, sir!

They're still too readily available in my area to move at a decent price. 

40 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

1 down, 30 to go?

Pop 'em open and build a life-size version.

ToO was one of the first sets I bought when I came out of my dark ages. I was so amazed by some of the sets that had been available and then retired when I wasn't paying attention to LEGO. I missed a lot of good times apparently by not coming back into LEGO until 2017. 

• Like 2

I was at a large independent lego store yesterday to pick up some Lego and they told me they're more busy that during the Christmas time. I think this is a combination of the lockdown and the renewed interest via Lego Masters. I noticed a lot of new accounts on Bricklink, so I think this will be a great time to sell Lego :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Actually, people with less money spend a far greater percentage of their income on discretionary items.  Latest shoes, phones, watches, AirPods, Starbucks morning, lunch, after work, eating out, etc.

Thus, they have no Money.....

Yes, you are correct when it come to that demographics.  
What you have listed are showoff pieces, you can't walk around with a SSD around your neck. ( I know someone here will photoshop this image)
Can't see anyone that's on a budget buy a $200-600 set of Legos.   

38 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Thus, they have no Money.....

Yes, you are correct when it come to that demographics.  
What you have listed are showoff pieces, you can't walk around with a SSD around your neck. ( I know someone here will photoshop this image)
Can't see anyone that's on a budget buy a $200-600 set of Legos.   

A mechanic who lost his job just paid me RRP in cash for a 76139 Batmobile and then showed it off to his buddies on Instagram.

Do not underestimate the power of the US consumer!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I remember years ago meeting a guy to buy his collection of UCS sets because he had just been laid off. He had tears in his eyes and I asked him numerous times if we should cancel the deal but he needed the money. 

That being said, I think sometimes when you lose your job you have this sudden urge to keep things normal and you make big purchases.