Quarantine Trends - LEGO Online Selling Prices

27 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I was watching this live and she pointed them out on the air as her son's.  She'll come out of her LEGO closet soon and just admit they are hers.  lol

This day and age, what goes on the background of video chats has become a big deal.  For professionals they are for sure giving it a lot of consideration as backgrounds has become a thing.  Her choosing LEGOs (hers or son's) still highlights the image that LEGO is both high-end and desirable.

20 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I am wondering what the used market will be like in about three months, when things are returning to normal.  How many kids will be board with their new sets and looking to recoup some of what they spent expecting to pull down prices like they are right now.

"Normal" won't happen for at least a year or two...if at all.

LA county declared SIP through August at a minimum

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I am wondering what the used market will be like in about three months, when things are returning to normal.  How many kids will be board with their new sets and looking to recoup some of what they spent expecting to pull down prices like they are right now.

A lot of seals were broken during all this.

Used market will be getting saturated...that said economic downturn suggest folks will be open for bargains. Still a lot of buying and selling to  be done..and Ebay continues to profit both ways

14 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

What’s the one Out of Stock set you just have to have? Maybe it’s a build you really want or set you think will sky rocket in the Future? 

for me it's the big Hogwarts.  I "had" to sell...now I "have" to buy...but I can wait.

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

"Normal" won't happen for at least a year or two...if at all.

LA county declared SIP through August at a minimum

Viruses don’t survive heat but yeah the general population has been brainwashed into believing that this is the “new normal”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Viruses don’t survive heat but yeah the general population has been brainwashed into believing that this is the “new normal”

to me the progression of the CV impacts are similar to how the World Wars began.

Most countries start of thinking it's far away and won't impact them; and then it's upon them suddenly and life as they know it completely changed. Through it, I'm sure folks just kept thinking / wondering when it will go back to normal.  After each WW the entire world changed be it industrially, economically, and especially socially....some more than others...but mostly for the nations directly involved.

The depths of CV the disease is still unclear...new/old questions have emerged: yes, it has mutated to be more infectious, yes there is now strong evidence of kids as young as 5 can die from complications of CV, it is still unclear if one can get it again, new symptoms are blood clots/stroke, digestion problems,  kidney failure...far cry symptoms from the "purely respiratory" heralded earlier...CV specifically attacks the lining of blood vessels.

9 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Phoenix has been in the 100s and is seeing an increase in cases, you might want to check your sources.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

What’s the one Out of Stock set you just have to have? Maybe it’s a build you really want or set you think will sky rocket in the Future? 

I was all set to pull the trigger on the UCS Falcon during May the 4th for my birthday present...but sold out.  So, my present is on hold..lol

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Hogwart's Castle.  If I'm allowed 2...Ideas Treehouse...  If 3, the Aston Martin...  So, yeah, hoping for a restock someday!

13 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

The Big Hogwarts set.  I know there are a few sitting in my local store and I'm going to hit it day one when they reopen.  The upside down Stranger Things set is another one, but I can live without it.  I was able to get a roller coaster ordered before it went oos.  But I won't see it until Aug.... hopefully.

Oh, forgot about the Tree House.  I need one of those.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I found another high demand item used PS4. I listed this on FB and 3 people bid the asking price up. I had around 40 people in 2 hours before it sold for $360.  

3526A125-ED5D-465F-A9D7-B52BCC3DFD12.png

Nice. I'm sure while others were bidding it up, you had the obligatory guy who said, "What's your lowest price?" or "I'll give you $35. I can meet today." 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Nice. I'm sure while others were bidding it up, you had the obligatory guy who said, "What's your lowest price?" or "I'll give you $35. I can meet today." 

Also, CASH. That one always cracks me up. How else would you pay? Goats or sheep?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, in the old days😁, people would write you a check for higher priced items, as most didn't carry larger amounts of cash. There was a slight (or higher) chance of the check being fraudulent. Hence the phrase. 

But today, yeah, it's kind of stupid and irrelevant. 

• Like 1

I always laugh at the guys who try low-balling me - I'll give you cash right now.  If I go away, you may not sell it... lol  Does that ever really work? 

On ebay, I was selling a used LEGO SW AAT on auction.  It was sitting at $44 with 2 days remaining when I rcv'd a msg - "I'll give you $50 for it right now".  After I got done laughing I politely responded, "I cannot close an auction this close to its ending."  It ended up selling for $72 + shipping.

8 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Her son changed it up this morning with some Star Wars: 1) Poe's new X-Wing, and 2) an AT-AT from 75241 Action Battle Echo Base Defense

LEGO should be promoting this on their social media account... you are doing a much better job than they are :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1