COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

25 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I don't know how anyone can remotely trust any government after all these wars, lies & destruction in the past centuries. I guess 95% is just too dumb, no other explaination. People can't deal with power and eventually greed sets sets in. You can't imagine what these people will do to keep that power, it's not like they care about us or our lives. Why is that a conspiracy? I'd rather say it's a fact. But if you trust them, good for you.

What I can tell you from talking with hundreds of people over the past week is that many have no idea what Coronavirus is or care to find out.  People on these forums and places like Twitter are a lot more informed (or misinformed).  

59 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

All fears aside, this virus is only a test run for a real depopulation virus. It's not lethal enough.

Anyone who thinks this outbreak is a coincidence is delusional. A virus can be crafted in any biological-warfare lab & it's perfect for killing people, crashing the economy & controlling the masses without taking the blame for it. Perfect location & time too, right before the Chinese New Year in a central province. 

Tin foil hat stocks up also

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

Tin foil hat stocks up also

"The world is a peaceful rainbow"-XS-size t-shirts too I've heard.

I don't trust any government, sue me.

If you choose to do so, nice. Trust them like sheeps trusting the farmer feeding them, taking care of them, protecting them of the wolves, not realizing he will slaughter them all later on. If a worried sheep speaks out such a concern, the other 50 will turn around and say: "Shut up & eat your grass, conspiracy theorist. Don't you see this hard working man protect us?" The fact that one sheep after another is disappearing is irrelevant to the herd, they won't question anything.

27 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

"The world is a peaceful rainbow"-XS-size t-shirts too I've heard.

I don't trust any government, sue me.

If you choose to do so, nice. Trust them like sheeps trusting the farmer feeding them, taking care of them, protecting them of the wolves, not realizing he will slaughter them all later on. If a worried sheep speaks out such a concern, the other 50 will turn around and say: "Shut up & eat your grass, conspiracy theorist. Don't you see this hard working man protect us?" The fact that one sheep after another is disappearing is irrelevant to the herd, they won't question anything.

It's one thing to have a healthy skepticism of gov't - trust me, plenty of us in the US have that. It's another to speculate that a virus was cooked up in a lab and purposely released to achieve some devious goal without any supporting evidence whatsoever. That's rapidly approaching unhinged.

• Like 1

It's one thing to have a healthy skepticism of gov't - trust me, plenty of us in the US have that. It's another to speculate that a virus was cooked up in a lab and purposely released to achieve some devious goal without any supporting evidence whatsoever. That's rapidly approaching unhinged.

Exactly. Can we get a mod in here? The site shouldn’t be used for advocating conspiracy theories. If we’re shutting down posts for nicknames for POTUS, certainly this type of thing crosses the line.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

You can either see a perfect, mutating, escaped virus in China with days of uncontrolled international flight travel & open borders with no counter measures as a planned act or an unlikely coincidence. Your choice. I choose one of two, you may choose the other, I wonder which one is more naive.

Just now, Mark Twain said:

Exactly. Can we get a mod in here? The site shouldn’t be used for advocating conspiracy theories. If we’re shutting down posts for nicknames for POTUS, certainly this type of thing crosses the line.

Ha, I'm trying to stop to be honest, what I'll also do now. It's just another perspective. Take care.

3 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Hey, I like a good nickname as much as any other guy.

• Like 1

Until there is scientific proof from real investigation at the site of origin of this virus, it would seem premature to confirm or deny any origin theory. Statements from authoritarian regimes or medical officials who have not investigated thoroughly are not scientific proof. As far as I know no real investigation by international unbiased scientists has been conducted.

• Like 2

People disappearing in a historically repressive country for speaking against their government or showing images that their government doesn't want seen does not mean that the virus is government made. If you have taken any Logic 101 college course you would see that fallacy immediately.

Do I think it is possible that a government who's country is burdened by significant over population would create a virus that kills 2% of it's population, mainly the elderly who are no longer significant contributors to the strength of the country? Sure, anything is possible. But I don't see it as being very likely. In order to do that they would first need to genetically mutate the virus to infect humans instead of only animals and with that they would need to study it on actual humans to learn of the actual mortality rate. They would also need to verify that the virus doesn't kill the host too fast before it has a chance to spread. This would take years and years of development and testing on human subjects. Also, why would they release something that they spent that much time and resources developing in a rural area where there would be a possibility of containment and the virus dying out, they would have released it in a densely populated city to ensure that the virus spreads effectively.

49 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

People disappearing in a historically repressive country for speaking against their government or showing images that their government doesn't want seen does not mean that the virus is government made. If you have taken any Logic 101 college course you would see that fallacy immediately.

Do I think it is possible that a government who's country is burdened by significant over population would create a virus that kills 2% of it's population, mainly the elderly who are no longer significant contributors to the strength of the country? Sure, anything is possible. But I don't see it as being very likely. In order to do that they would first need to genetically mutate the virus to infect humans instead of only animals and with that they would need to study it on actual humans to learn of the actual mortality rate. They would also need to verify that the virus doesn't kill the host too fast before it has a chance to spread. This would take years and years of development and testing on human subjects. Also, why would they release something that they spent that much time and resources developing in a rural area where there would be a possibility of containment and the virus dying out, they would have released it in a densely populated city to ensure that the virus spreads effectively.

What rural area are you referring to?

10 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

People are avoiding buying Corona beer, that tells you how stupid people can be.

Edit: if it went on sale I'd load up.

pfft I've been ramping up.   Only way to fight it I heard...  If I'm going out that way I'm going with a loaded Corona with Patron!  Least I'll be a meme for the ages!

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

North Korea has zero cases, ZERO!

Image result for north korea pointing

Your talking probabilities here not logic. Logic is about a system of axioms(statement, proposition) that are consistent. consistency being precisely defined, that your axioms can not be used to both prove something and prove its contrary. Now talking probabilities, of what authoritarian rulers who have made themselves and their families and friends insanely rich via completely unknown and intentionally hidden means, well good luck with those bets. Probability is great for 10^23 gas molecules in a room or poker hands but for people, the least savory and trustworthy of people no less, no thanks. Proof = truth, no proof= we don’t know!