COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

You maniac still worrying about profit. I'll tell you something, if this pandemic really hits, the market crashes & everything goes down the hill the last thing on peoples minds will be plastic bricks. We'll wish we'd have bought some extra food instead.

I got very low sales last 2 weeks almost nothing? Anybody?

There are less than 5 reported cases in both countries. The real figure has to be way higher.

Nope it’s around 3 ( not included 3 person from cruse in Japan) and it’s real number cause Russia very aggressive on this virus. Idk what you mean both? Today first case of covid19 in Belarus (Iranian student), that’s it...

7 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I'm glad to have a lot of LEGO, in a real lockdown scenario it's a nice time killer for sure.

Those were my light-hearted thoughts, too.  I've got a ton of Lego, a ton of movies, and I like to make music.  So throw in my drumset, a piano and a few guitars... a deck of cards... I could handle a couple weeks in my house.  I'm just glad it's beginning to warm up slightly so the windows can open for some fresh air.

My work has had signs up essentially saying if you've traveled to China recently, etc. etc. not allowed inside.  I work in aerospace/defense so supply chain disruptions for our manufacturing/operations could be big on the commercial side.  On our government side it's largely made in USA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

Nope it’s around 3 ( not included 3 person from cruse in Japan) and it’s real number cause Russia very aggressive on this virus. Idk what you mean both? Today first case of covid19 in Belarus (Iranian student), that’s it...

I think referring to India and Russia. The thing about numbers is there is zero way to know actual counts unless people are tested. It's entirely possible you have the virus and only have minimal symptoms, and no one ever knew you had it. Which makes the spread inevitable.

NPR had a great podcast recently that was pretty much spot on with what my wife’s (M.D.) been telling me for weeks.

Like Ed said, best basic defense is wash your darn hands.

Honestly (& w/ some humor), if anything positive comes out of this coronavirus in my life, it’s my son. He’s at that pre-teen age where soap and water are his Kryptonite. He’s been doing a far better job using soap.

Quick read / listen.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/27/810016611/coronavirus-101-what-you-need-to-know-to-prepare-and-prevent

did you see this one? It’s amazing how low the dumbness floor keeping going. USAToday really felt the need to publish the following article last month.

“Coronavirus: 'Beer virus,' 'Corona beer virus' searches surge online”

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/money/2020/01/29/coronavirus-being-confused-corona-beer/4610019002/

Always prepared...
5e5836d1fee23d3d0b0aeff5.thumb.jpeg.87e1118e92248894103ec5b2a4f29f79.jpeg

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

did you see this one? It’s amazing how low the dumbness floor keeping going. USAToday really felt the need to publish the following article last month.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/money/2020/01/29/coronavirus-being-confused-corona-beer/4610019002/

Catering to the lowest common denominator gets the most clicks.  

That explains the ad I saw attached to your post.

81eef1e1b14227a3d5dc024fb21f3f48.jpg

54 minutes ago, TANV said:

I personally bought shares of APT, the makers of that N-65 Mask which is on a tear right now.  It's a tangible commodity right now so depending on when you buy it, it's making itself worth it.

Crazy week for APT!!

I know the stock market correction is causing anxiety for most but I'm seeing it as a big buying opportunity. I'm not missing out on this drop this time.

17 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Crazy week for APT!!

I know the stock market correction is causing anxiety for most but I'm seeing it as a big buying opportunity. I'm not missing out on this drop this time.

I'm still waiting it out a bit, and maybe getting in after another 8% drop.

36 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

Nice article and I believe a lot of what was written.  The Coronavirus is here and probably has been here for months.  It's been a rough flu season locally in NJ.  I know of many people that were hit hard with it this year.  How can anybody know it wasn't here unless they tested for it?  They won't know because tests have been inaccurate and non-existent in most communities.  Many symptoms are similar to influenza and are treated in similar ways.  If I was a betting man, I would wager that as more test  kits are produced, you will see cases popping up across the country and globe.  

That being said...Everybody is shaken.  But if you take a breath and look at what is going on around you, you will notice nothing much has changed and the dead are not walking the streets.  The stock market will recover.  This virus will be dealt with.  I personally have a lot going on in my life with building and selling a home and a business that depends on personal contact.  I am a little on edge, so I get the anxiety.  

I think certain areas of the world will have issues...even in this country.  Places with poor living conditions and sanitation will be hit hard, but that has always been the case with any outbreak throughout history.  San Francisco could have issues.  The rhetoric coming from all politicians and news agencies doesn't help either.  Everyone has an angle or agenda and everyday people are getting the shaft and inaccurate information.  But I am confident in the American people to overcome and to handle this situation better than most.

• Like 1

All fears aside, this virus is only a test run for a real depopulation virus. It's not lethal enough.

Anyone who thinks this outbreak is a coincidence is delusional. A virus can be crafted in any biological-warfare lab & it's perfect for killing people, crashing the economy & controlling the masses without taking the blame for it. Perfect location & time too, right before the Chinese New Year in a central province. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

All fears aside, this virus is only a test run for a real depopulation virus. It's not lethal enough.

Anyone who thinks this outbreak is a coincidence is delusional. A virus can be crafted in any biological-warfare lab & it's perfect for killing people, crashing the economy & controlling the masses without taking the blame for it. Perfect location & time too, right before the Chinese New Year in a central province. 

Whoa nelly someone has been active on a lot of conspiracy sites lately. 

8 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Nice article and I believe a lot of what was written.  The Coronavirus is here and probably has been here for months.  It's been a rough flu season locally in NJ.  I know of many people that were hit hard with it this year.  How can anybody know it wasn't here unless they tested for it?  They won't know because tests have been inaccurate and non-existent in most communities.  Many symptoms are similar to influenza and are treated in similar ways.  If I was a betting man, I would wager that as more test  kits are produced, you will see cases popping up across the country and globe.  

That being said...Everybody is shaken.  But if you take a breath and look at what is going on around you, you will notice nothing much has changed and the dead are not walking the streets.  The stock market will recover.  This virus will be dealt with.  I personally have a lot going on in my life with building and selling a home and a business that depends on personal contact.  I am a little on edge, so I get the anxiety.  

I think certain areas of the world will have issues...even in this country.  Places with poor living conditions and sanitation will be hit hard, but that has always been the case with any outbreak throughout history.  San Francisco could have issues.  The rhetoric coming from all politicians and news agencies doesn't help either.  Everyone has an angle or agenda and everyday people are getting the shaft and inaccurate information.  But I am confident in the American people to overcome and to handle this situation better than most.

Well said Ed.

Just now, Mark Twain said:

Whoa nelly someone has been active on a lot of conspiracy sites lately. 

I don't know how anyone can remotely trust any government after all these wars, lies & destruction in the past centuries. I guess 95% is just too dumb, no other explaination. People can't deal with power and eventually greed sets sets in. You can't imagine what these people will do to keep that power, it's not like they care about us or our lives. Why is that a conspiracy? I'd rather say it's a fact. But if you trust them, good for you.

9 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I don't know how anyone can remotely trust any government after all these wars, lies & destruction in the past centuries. I guess 95% is just too dumb, no other explaination. People can't deal with power and eventually greed sets sets in. You can't imagine what these people will do to keep that power, it's not like they care about us or our lives. Why is that a conspiracy? I'd rather say it's a fact. But if you trust them, good for you.

No. The older I get the more I realize most people are just happy to follow like sheep