COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

Just now, sauromosis said:

They told Wash U students on spring break today not to come back until May and they'll arrange something to get their stuff from their dorms!

I saw the question being asked what happens with room & board that was already paid?  They didn't address that yet.

• Like 1

Wow. Ticket brokers are going nutty right now. Same for Vegas as people like me go there every March for the opening two rounds

If the Super Bowl was in 2 weeks, likely the same outcome as the NCAA.

NCAA men's and women's basketball tournaments will not include fans due to coronavirus concerns

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2020/03/11/ncaa-tournament-fans-banned-due-to-coronavirus-concerns/5024027002/

Lots of colleges are going remote. All the big colleges in Ohio have announced remote classes. This is going to be a cluster F. My daughter's college in Cinci went remote with an email yesterday. Encouraging (but not forcing) students to just stay at home. They are on Spring Break now. 

The economist releases really interesting predictions every year. For those of you who don't know: The economist is a publisher owned by some the richest families of this world (Rothschild, Layton, Cadbury etc.) which publishes "The World in 20XX" every year. 

The 2020 online cover was pitch black. Never happened before. People were worried & contacted them asking what was going to be so terrible this year. The publishers talked themselves out: Allegedly a cover photo wasn't ready so they pre-released it pitch-black. Sure...

By the way, they also "predicted" digital currencies taking over in 2018. The edition was published in 1988, showing burning paper currency. Take a look:

If such a magazine releases a black cover for economics in 2020, that's not a good sign.

This stuff is official, not a whack YouTube conspiracy, look it up, do your research.

Economist.jpeg.jpg

18 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

If you can go to a large church gathering, you can afford to not work for two weeks. Hmmm

OK Mr. devil's advocate, but we were discussing large venue concerts at the time

churches in general need to work something out...S. Korea is a warning...it would be irresponsible for parishioners to ignore the risks to their members 

A lot of folks think that if it's not canceled then it's alright...(alludes to what i noted earlier about leaders providing good options)

50 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

I talked with a lawyer at work today who cancelled her trip to England for fear of closing airports. Something to think about if you have flight plans.

From first hand experience...We were in europe for the Iceland Volcano crisis where they shut all flights for 1 week

hard to enjoy your vacay when you're doubting the flight home.

33 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

The economist releases really interesting predictions every year. For those of you who don't know: The economist is a publisher owned by some the richest families of this world (Rothschild, Layton, Cadbury etc.) which publishes "The World in 20XX" every year. 

The 2020 online cover was pitch black. Never happened before. People were worried & contacted them asking what was going to be so terrible this year. The publishers talked themselves out: Allegedly a cover photo wasn't ready so they pre-released it pitch-black. Sure...

By the way, they also "predicted" digital currencies taking over in 2018. The edition was published in 1988, showing burning paper currency. Take a look:

If such a magazine releases a black cover for economics in 2020, that's not a good sign.

This stuff is official, not a whack YouTube conspiracy, look it up, do your research.

Economist.jpeg.jpg

The "logic" you are trying to establish here is just too hard to comprehend.

Following facts:

1. There is a magazine which is mostly owned by rich families. 

2. In 1988 the magazine published a prediction that there will be a new world currency.

3. I didnt find any source for the black cover, but okay lets assume thats correct.

Because of one prediction of a magazine mostly owned by rich families which was correct and a black cover you say its dooms day in 2020....

That is just a whack conspiracy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gonkalin said:

Lots of colleges are going remote. All the big colleges in Ohio have announced remote classes. This is going to be a cluster F. My daughter's college in Cinci went remote with an email yesterday. Encouraging (but not forcing) students to just stay at home. They are on Spring Break now. 

Spring Break has quite a bit to do with this decision.  They don't want people traveling home, especially to European or Asian countries, and then coming back to the school population.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah curious to see what the loss tolerance is...$20, $50, $200 a ticket?  We have Harry Potter $300/ea in May so if not cancelled..."Where is that N95?"

Since they can no longer be sold on Amazon I will trade you a MISB of 10 for same condition Brink Bank ;) 

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

I saw the question being asked what happens with room & board that was already paid?  They didn't address that yet.

Aren’t all these youngsters awaiting the Bernie Bailout student loan forgiveness. 

• Like 1

Couple quick comments/notes.  As most of you have seen from my posts I'm not any more concerned about this virus then the flu or cold personally but you can't deny the impact it's having globally on both panicky people and more important the health care systems.  That being said:

If possible stock up on gas, diesel, and propane if you can.  I'm on several forums that honestly are more accurate and faster with news and info then any other source I've ever seen and just based on what several people have said that work the industry we are very close to some serious fuel issues due to shutdowns and cutbacks on production regardless of oil prices.

Also, not sure what some of you are seeing and going back to Brickolodon complaining about sales but the last week+ have been one of my busiest time-frames outside a holiday in a very long time.  Everything to small pieces orders to large expensive sets and to numerous countries outside the USA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sozial said:

The "logic" you are trying to establish here is just too hard to comprehend.

Following facts:

1. There is a magazine which is mostly owned by rich families. 

2. In 1988 the magazine published a prediction that there will be a new world currency.

3. I didnt find any source for the black cover, but okay lets assume thats correct.

Because of one prediction of a magazine mostly owned by rich families which was correct and a black cover you say its dooms day in 2020....

That is just a whack conspiracy. 

The Bitcoin was one example. I thought it was just crazy for a prediction 30 years ago. There are numerous other examples. But I guess it's just a whack conspiracy. What would the most wealthy people on the planet owning nearly every central bank in the world know about economy. Amateurs!

since this virus / disease is spread either by the droplets in the vicinity of an infected individual (research shows these can survive airborne for as much as 30 mins or reach up to 10 feet distance).. or from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects .. have you noticed that LEGO stores would either close / get rid of or in other way eliminate their pick-a-brick features.. ?

Edited by crayxlp