COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

20 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

forgot about that one too.  Although mainly for Badflower.

the major concerts in US that have cancelled were mostly outdoors weren't they?

25 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Yeah, I've been thinking sadly about Brickworld in Chicago in June (my first convention I have plans and tickets to attend) being canceled, but at the same time I don't think I'd want to relive the experience in my memory afterward while laying in bed with a fever or worse.  Got tickets to a 311 concert in July that is outdoor (at least) but that's probably at risk, too.

I have a cruise, tickets to Sonic Temple, Megadeth/Lamb of God, and Korn/Faith No More.  Hope they are not all canceled.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

6F93D4D5-E288-4558-AF4C-E1551F57C266.JPG

Philly still doesn't give a Sh*t. They have a ban on all events over 5K people but the Flyers game was still packed with 35K last night.  Ireland cancels St. Patrick's day parade but Philly doesn't.  

19 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Pearl Jam already cancelled. I have tickets to Rage Against the Machine and Rolling Stones and I'm not expecting either of those to actually happen. :(

Coachella canceled.  I have my yearly Super VIP backstage passes to Rage in June will have to see about that. 

Good to see you Millennial's getting on board now that it is effecting your lives and not just leaving us Boomers to die.    

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

yeah I meant the big festival stuff, first ones were open air (Texas and Miami).  Been a few sold out arena tours that went off the past week so who knows.

Outdoor but you are still standing shoulders to shoulders to people who have not taken showers for a week during summer :D

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have a cruise, tickets to Sonic Temple, Megadeth/Lamb of God, and Korn/Faith No More.  Hope they are not all canceled.

Yeah, forgot about FNM. I've seen Korn twice in the last few years, not upset about them. Rage was something I've looked forward to for years.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

forgot about that one too.  Although mainly for Badflower.

So, I like 311, and today is "311 Day" (March 11) and they are playing 3 nights in Las Vegas starting tonight.  At the same time MGM just said today one of their guests that stayed at "The Mirage" tested positive and they're deep cleaning the hotel room (guest was from New York).  I'm curious if 311 will continue with the show, they sold tickets, webcasts, everything.  My guess is they will.  Knock out 3 nights and call it good, then look at other individual shows on a case-by-case.  We'll see.

Just now, sauromosis said:

Parades are the worst type of event for this, literally smashed up against people drinking and screaming.

ha,  it is pretty over the top for that.  I mean if I'm going out drinking with 300k partiers sounds the way to go

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

When is your cruise?  Are you still "onboard" with going if they don't cancel?  Just curious various folks' "cancel criteria".  My brother was suppose to fly to Florida in 2 weeks to see my folks but his 6-year-old going with him had hydrocephalus when born and still has some minor issues.  Doesn't want to take the risk so he's likely opting out, but hasn't confirmed that with me yet.

Rather than being told of a cancellation...ask yourself...would you go if not cancelled?

Secondly, I think anyone who willfully goes to a large group event should voluntarily self quarantine for 2 weeks.

Seems like the responsible way to do it...would hate to be in the chain of infections that leads to a vulnerable person's death 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

10 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

When is your cruise?  Are you still "onboard" with going if they don't cancel?  Just curious various folks' "cancel criteria".  My brother was suppose to fly to Florida in 2 weeks to see my folks but his 6-year-old going with him had hydrocephalus when born and still has some minor issues.  Doesn't want to take the risk so he's likely opting out, but hasn't confirmed that with me yet.

We're still onboard, it's in a few weeks. Going to Disney for a few days afterward too.

10 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

yeah curious to see what the loss tolerance is...$20, $50, $200 a ticket?  We have Harry Potter $300/ea in May so if not cancelled..."Where is that N95?"

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

Know what is going to be awesome... Watching March Madness with no crowds in the stands....Anyone care to wager a 60219 on that?

No.  But maybe a 30265.

11 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Seattle Mariners have canceled fans for their home games until date unknown. 

Apparently NCAA will be making an announcement regarding the tourney. Cancelation is on the table. 

Cancel the NCAA Tourney? That is reason for panic. 

Of course, the year SDSU is on fire.

I'm wondering about San Diego Comic Con.  If big stuff all the way into June is getting cancelled, and SDCC is July, it won't be long.  Then again, SDCC organizes WonderCon in Anaheim, and it's still a go for mid April at the moment.

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Secondly, I think anyone who willfully goes to a large group event should voluntarily self quarantine for 2 weeks.

There is a very large percentage of people in this country that couldn't afford to self-quarantine for two weeks. 

• Like 3