Jump to content

COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Brystheguy said:

You know, you could have gotten your point across with the first two sentences. The only reason for the next one is to insult someone. 

When I think his attitude cant get worse, he shows me that it is possible.

Stop that crap, accept the opinion of others. If you are so sure about everything, just go and buy as much gold as you can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out."

Everyone needs to extend some grace and patience with the teachers.  They were not trained for this moment.  Many of them are not technically inclined like most of us nerds on this forum.  Most have k

Let’s take a small break from this thread.  Go build a Lego set and hug a family member or pet.

Posted Images

How did Not Tabby turn this into the new cryptocurrency thread?

We just recently came back from Universal Orlando/Disney.  Parks still full.  No one consciously keeping a safe distance in lines.  Instead of focusing on sick people, my kids were more observant of the alarmingly high number of patrons with face tattoos.  It was a real cultural eye opener.

  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, carini26 said:

How did Not Tabby turn this into the new cryptocurrency thread?

We just recently came back from Universal Orlando/Disney.  Parks still full.  No one consciously keeping a safe distance in lines.  Instead of focusing on sick people, my kids were more observant of the alarmingly high number of patrons with face tattoos.  It was a real cultural eye opener.

  

 

Thanks for this, both parts!

We are still planning on going at the end of the month with our 2 kids. A coworker got back as well last week; said the parks are clean and lines are short. Disney needs that Di$ney.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, carini26 said:

How did Not Tabby turn this into the new cryptocurrency thread?

We just recently came back from Universal Orlando/Disney.  Parks still full.  No one consciously keeping a safe distance in lines.  Instead of focusing on sick people, my kids were more observant of the alarmingly high number of patrons with face tattoos.  It was a real cultural eye opener.

  

 

Heading down there next week for the kids' band trip. Should be fun! Thanks for the report.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Yep, so after looking, all of my N95 mask auctions were removed. None of them had any of the key phases Ebay said that they were looking for in them... meanwhile there are still 20k other listings for N95 masks up....

And just in case any of you felt like climbing your high horse... I bought two cases of these 2 years ago at a hospital liquidation auction for $10... I do a lot of woodworking, and as I believe someone else had mentioned on here they are great for keeping saw dust out of your lungs. I still had 1 full case left and was selling the boxes of 20. So no, I did not further dwindle current supply for a profit.

good point is that you have not lost any money and still have a real use for them in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 21 positives (19 crew/2 passengers)  out of 46 tested on the Grand Princess Cruise ship near San Francisco. The results were in almost 4 hours ago but they delayed care until after the markets closed. Will be interesting to see how they manage this and how the numbers grow 2-3 weeks from now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if this represents some general perception in US what has gone wrong with Covid virus - good luck to you. I thought that CNN was a serious media house but this is just totally blutant bull*sh-t.  EU  member states as of now have some 450 mil pppl (roughly 2x that much as US). No need to mention US president a week ago stating in live interview several times over that US do not have any problems with the virus.. - you all know much better now how awfully wrong and totally inadequent his statement was. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/06/europe/europe-coronavirus-covid-19-intl/index.htm

Edited by crayxlp
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

if this represents some general perception in US what has gone wrong with Covid virus - good luck to you. I thought that CNN was a serious media house but this is just totally blutant bull*sh-t.  EU  member states as of now have some 450 mil pppl (roughly 2x that much as US). No need to mention US president a week ago stating in live interview several times over that US do not have any problems with the virus.. - you all know much better now how awfully wrong and totally inadequent his statement was. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/06/europe/europe-coronavirus-covid-19-intl/index.htm

CNN has been a joke of a news network for quite some time now but that article is the least of their crap.

It's mind boggling how psychotic people are getting with this thing.  I guess it's just human nature to have to have something to freak out about?  Maybe they figures the climate change EOTWAWKI wasn't moving along fast enough?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

We will get any better listen what microbiologist saying about us...
 

 

Chris Martenson is a joke and definitely not a microbiologist.  Think of him more as a snake oil salesman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NIevo said:

CNN has been a joke of a news network for quite some time now but that article is the least of their crap.

It's mind boggling how psychotic people are getting with this thing.  I guess it's just human nature to have to have something to freak out about?  Maybe they figures the climate change EOTWAWKI wasn't moving along fast enough?

If you want to see some comical reporting this week, it doesn’t get better than this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brickolodon said:


So he is lying? Idk who to listen?

 

He's a salesman, plain and simple.  Just look up some of the articles debunking most of what he says. 

Really don't know what to tell you about who to listed to, there's not much to hear.  Wash your hands good, use sanitizer if you can't and live your life normal.  This isn't an end of the world plague so people need to stop treating it as such.  You look at all the numbers and what is known and it is nothing more then a strong strain of flu, plain and simple.  Unless we would start seeing people with long lasting effects, or actual normal aged healthy people dying then I'm not worried.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
He's a salesman, plain and simple.  Just look up some of the articles debunking most of what he says. 
Really don't know what to tell you about who to listed to, there's not much to hear.  Wash your hands good, use sanitizer if you can't and live your life normal.  This isn't an end of the world plague so people need to stop treating it as such.  You look at all the numbers and what is known and it is nothing more then a strong strain of flu, plain and simple.  Unless we would start seeing people with long lasting effects, or actual normal aged healthy people dying then I'm not worried.

Thanks! Feel much better...
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

**** I keep downing cases of Corona trying to build up tolerance.  Please don't tell me I'm doing this all wrong too. 

 
 

Sorry, you are doing it wrong: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2023616/science-may-have-discovered-regular-drinkers-of-hard-liquor-are-better-protected-from-coronavirus

p.s. my local costco may be out of TP, but at least they still have jumbo size bottles of bourbon in stock. :-)

Edited by SpaceFan9
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brickolodon said:


So he is lying? Idk who to listen?

There are a whole bunch on internet trolls trying to scare people.  They make money from clicks and picking up likes and followers.  Ignore those fools.  I can list a whole bunch from Twitter that promote "end of days" scenarios.  Be smart.  Stay out of large gatherings.  Wash your hands.  Use sanitizer.  But don't stop living.  I am at work today, dealing with hundreds of customers, but I will constantly clean my hands and stay just a little farther away from people.  This is the new norm.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

There are a whole bunch on internet trolls trying to scare people.  They make money from clicks and picking up likes and followers.  Ignore those fools.  I can list a whole bunch from Twitter that promote "end of days" scenarios.  Be smart.  Stay out of large gatherings.  Wash your hands.  Use sanitizer.  But don't stop living.  I am at work today, dealing with hundreds of customers, but I will constantly clean my hands and stay just a little farther away from people.  This is the new norm.

If only everyone followed this advice. It’s basic fundamental hygiene with a little extra precautions. Try not to touch your face as much too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...