COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

20 hours ago, NIevo said:

CNN has been a joke of a news network for quite some time now but that article is the least of their crap.

It's mind boggling how psychotic people are getting with this thing.  I guess it's just human nature to have to have something to freak out about?  Maybe they figures the climate change EOTWAWKI wasn't moving along fast enough?

thanks for the take on CNN .. I honestly didnt know that.. I took it for granted that they have serious staff and coverage.

16 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

thanks for the take on CNN .. I honestly didnt know that.. I took it for granted that they have serious staff and coverage.

So, wait.... You're taking one guy's opinion from the internet and taking that as more valid than a news organization that's been around for years? Maybe do some of your own research before just writing them off. Are they perfect? No, but they still have a lot to offer.

1 hour ago, Brystheguy said:

So, wait.... You're taking one guy's opinion from the internet and taking that as more valid than a news organization that's been around for years? Maybe do some of your own research before just writing them off. Are they perfect? No, but they still have a lot to offer.

I thought his comment was sarcasm but I could be wrong.

Just because something has been around for years doesn't mean jack.  About the only thing they have to offer is a good source of jokes and meme's.

2 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

The truth is that he was the only one replying my inital question. To add to that  there were more than a HUNDRED of you who read my question and none of you "bothered to react" - what does it say.. ? - you ask yourself how the hoax stories rise.. there you have your source. 

and frankly given the harsh and condemning tone of the article (CNN author).  to me (and other Europeans) looked outrighly improper. Italy took the hit. A real hard hit - by a chance. It could be Germany, it could be France, well. it fell on Italy. As I  mentioned in my post.. the amazing "blonde Ken" currently ruling the US is totally inadequate and should be put off next time you have a chance. Not just that he doesnt understand the situation and has no clue whatsover, he is a jerk trumping "we have no problems whatsover.. we are totally prepared" - and 7 DAYS after that look what your US situation is. He is a JERK!. - sorry.

P.S. feel free to condemn our local government as i would gladly join you (these are not just jerks - but total a$$--oles.  making up their minds every morning they wake up)

Edited by crayxlp

11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

The truth is that he was the only one replying my inital question. To add to that  there were more than a HUNDRED of you who read my question and none of you "bothered to react" - what does it say.. ? - you ask yourself how the hoax stories rise.. there you have your source. 

and frankly given the harsh and condemning tone of the article (CNN author).  to me (and other Europeans) looked outrighly improper. Italy took the hit. A real hard hit - by a chance. It could be Germany, it could be France, well. it fell on Italy. As I  mentioned in my post.. the amazing "blonde Ken" currently ruling the US is totally inadequate and should be put off next time you have a chance. Not just that he doesnt understand the situation and has no clue whatsover, he is a jerk trumping "we have no problems whatsover.. we are totally prepared" - and 7 DAYS after that look what your US situation is. He is a JERK!. - sorry.

But what in the article was untrue? This is why no one reacted to what you wrote. I'm not sure what in the article upsets you as you only mentioned Trump.   Yeah, Trump is a failure in this arena, however, what does that have to do with the article? The article is about the EU, not Trump. You talked about Trump not being mentioned in the article but not anything about the content of the article.

How about the title itself?
Why isn't Europe better prepared for the coronavirus outbreak?

.. why arent the States better preprared for the corona ... ? (did not the President himself a week ago reassured the public that there IS NO NEED TO WORRY?]

now.. you see the hipocrisy?

9 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

How about the title itself?
Why isn't Europe better prepared for the coronavirus outbreak?

.. why arent the States better preprared for the corona ... ? (did not the President himself a week ago reassured the public that there IS NO NEED TO WORRY?]

now.. you see the hipocrisy?

Again, this specific article is about the EU (not the US) and what in it is untrue? It seems you are upset they pointed out the EU's problems and didn't say anything about the U.S. I don't think it's hypocrisy to point out shortcomings in an area that has experienced the virus for longer. Trust me, there will be plenty of articles about our shortcomings. In fact, they're already out there -lack of kits, no transparency, inflated test kit numbers, etc. FYI, U.S. population is 330 million.

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

P.S. feel free to condemn our local government as i would gladly join you (these are not just jerks - but total a$$--oles.  making up their minds every morning they wake up)

Why would we condemn our local gov or Trump over this?  Exactly what is "our situation"?  Most people I know and work with could care less about the stupid beer virus an more then about the flu season.  I think it's funny just in this thread how serious people are about it. 

7 hours ago, NIevo said:

Why would we condemn our local gov or Trump over this?  Exactly what is "our situation"?  Most people I know and work with could care less about the stupid beer virus an more then about the flu season.  I think it's funny just in this thread how serious people are about it. 

OK first, covid19 is not a flu (don't be like Trump saying or Tesla guy)....second, yes we need gov to step in for this kind of hard time. president not take it serious but ppl health in  trouble. 

I'm not sure the previous poster called Covid-19 the flu, but that aside...... The spread of the virus is inevitable. So, worry about it if you want, but why? 

I would be much more worried about the financial situation in this country and world than a virus that amounts to a minor cold for most. 

• Like 5

I may be missing something... but this seems like the first instance of retail price gouging on N95 masks... I don't believe Menards has third-party sellers like Wal-Mart... it appears to be sold and shipped by Menards.  But the very same product (8511PA1-2A) is sold out at Home Depot but for $7.97 a two-pack.  Not sure how Menards could sell for $39.95 ("everyday low price") plus a $20 mail-in rebate like this.  It's even on their splash page for their main website...

image.thumb.png.9ac1f1356e6665aa89634919751b0ad2.png

image.thumb.png.38164db82607f8b2dcc40850d7b8028a.png

I think the Oil war was the straw that broke the camel's back

...it's recession

We've all been on this ride before...eventually unemployment will spike and folks will "really" start to worry.  I'm curious to see how the "Gig Economy" will evolve in a recession and how the Social warefare programs (social security and unemployment) deal with it.  

• Like 1