Star Wars 2020

Val-E

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/1/2020 at 2:47 AM, exracer327 said:

It does fit two AT-AT drivers side-by-side and Gen. Veers behind them.  It has to be larger than previous sets.  Shame they didn't have this up and running for May the 4th.

Looks superb. It's certainly closest to the original compared to the other ones. I like it a lot.

Looks good. I like how the speeder bike and e-web blaster can be stored inside it. I don't think we'll ever get a UCS AT-AT, so this will have to suffice for now.

Sadly, this reminds me of how much I regret selling the motorized AT-AT years back. I don't have any AT-AT's in my collection right now.

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Looks good. I like how the speeder bike and e-web blaster can be stored inside it. I don't think we'll ever get a UCS AT-AT, so this will have to suffice for now.

Sadly, this reminds me of how much I regret selling the motorized AT-AT years back. I don't have any AT-AT's in my collection right now.

really wished they changed the leg joint design so the radar dishes don't keep popping off 😡

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 5:18 PM, exciter1 said:

I just watched it the other night.

Nice! I tried to get my kids to watch it a couple of weeks ago, but they lost interest about a third of the way in. It's a bit slow for today's kids.

On the other hand, I decided to introduce them to The Matrix over the weekend, and they LOVED it! It still holds up very well today. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Nice! I tried to get my kids to watch it a couple of weeks ago, but they lost interest about a third of the way in. It's a bit slow for today's kids.

On the other hand, I decided to introduce them to The Matrix over the weekend, and they LOVED it! It still holds up very well today. 

My son jumped on a little way in and actually watched the rest with me. He giggled a bit, but thought it was interesting. He wants a V.I.N.CENT now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

My son jumped on a little way in and actually watched the rest with me. He giggled a bit, but thought it was interesting. He wants a V.I.N.CENT now.

Diamond Select released some Black Hole stuff earlier this year:  https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/black-hole

Appears that like the Tron figures there are Walgreens exclusives...I may need to check a few of the local stores for the Maximillian figure.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

does "mosaic" mean a 2D like image using a bunch of smooth plates and tiles to look like a portrait?

interesting...

55 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

does "mosaic" mean a 2D like image using a bunch of smooth plates and tiles to look like a portrait?

interesting...

Mosaic, when thinking of LEGO, reminds me of the Mosaic Maker that LEGO created a couple years ago:

https://www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-passes/extras/extra-goodies/lego-mosaic-maker/

So I picture a 2d image made up of 1x1 plates and/or tiles that when built create a picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

interesting...

Yes, like DOTS but more for adults. Thats what the code name ZEBRA is supposed to be, with other 2D builds.

Personally, Ive been loving the DOTS sets and have already been messing with those huge gray baseplates to make patterns. The my girls come in and add the smileys and other things I wouldnt have added.