Star Wars 2020

Val-E

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I missed someone else mentioning it here, but apparently in the video LEGO released for their new paper bags, in the background of one of the shots is the bust of an Imperial Guard.  So according to the interwebs that could be coming next year.  If its the one in the video its ugly.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/september/sustainability

image.png.bab47cd2c82c364b9c0b721348064aae.png

Edited by zaphoid

Don't know if I missed someone else mentioning it here, but apparently in the video LEGO released for their new paper bags, in the background of one of the shots is the bust of an Imperial Guard.  So according to the interwebs that could be coming next year.  If its the one in the video its ugly.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/september/sustainability
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_09/image.png.bab47cd2c82c364b9c0b721348064aae.png
Guess it could happen. But are we also to believe that we are going to get a brick built giraffe?

7 hours ago, HandyHand said:

LEGO Star Wars 77904 Nebulon-B Frigate

Building instructions can be downloaded from the LEGO website.

LEGO should think outside the box (literally)...and start a campaign where hobbyist can build never sold sets using online instruction...and by submitting a picture of yourself and the build...you get a plaque and an empty box (to sell...I mean, store your set)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.png.6c3e1c202c9c0e39dcdca677f6ff0dc9.png

We already know that everything is made in China. Did they really need to etch it into the keychain?

The front of the keychain looks nice... the back looks like a large advertisement. 

Yeah it is interesting that they wouldn't just leave it on the box. On the other hand, they do put the city and date so at least it has a little bit of significance compared to simply "made in China". 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

Yeah it is interesting that they wouldn't just leave it on the box. On the other hand, they do put the city and date so at least it has a little bit of significance compared to simply "made in China". 

Thoughts on these keychains? Seems that they're still in stock. My local store has "lots". I'm tempted to make a puchase to get one....but there's nothing I really want right now. 

11 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.png.6c3e1c202c9c0e39dcdca677f6ff0dc9.png

We already know that everything is made in China. Did they really need to etch it into the keychain?

The front of the keychain looks nice... the back looks like a large advertisement. 

USA law dating back to the 1970s or '80s mandates that anything NOT made in the USA has to state where it is made.  So if you find a product (far and few between) that has no "made in..." statement, then it is actually Made in the USA.

It is curious that they print the city and the date it was made as well.  Makes me wonder if they're trying to fight counterfeits.

44 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Thoughts on these keychains? Seems that they're still in stock. My local store has "lots". I'm tempted to make a puchase to get one....but there's nothing I really want right now. 

already have one trying to decide if I want another

not sure if price will hold

perhaps it is better to wait for the Christmas Carol promo

13 minutes ago, eliminator said:

FYI, active right now is additional GWP to stack on-top of the keychain at LEGO Shop at Home:

FREE Han Solo™ Mudtrooper Display (40300)

I have $160 of stuff in my cart and I only see the Mudtrooper, no keychain (I'm in Canada).

EDIT: Probably because I'm signed out, lol

Edited by CLMF
oops I messed up

• TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
3 hours ago, maestro said:

Is 75318 a good investment? Can buy now for €59.99/$70. 

It's been regularly discounted in the UK at 30%+ off (or £45ish) so I wouldn't touch it at anything above that.  Brickset currently has it available until Dec 2023 so I wouldn't be in any hurry to stock up yet (although Dec 2022 seems more likely...).  There should be plenty of opportunities at 35-40% off, or if not, there's plenty of other options at a similar price point.

• 2 months later...

Looks like AT-AT's are going going...almost gone.  That's really the only investment I want in the Star Wars realm this year.  Amazon just ran out of stock, lego was out of stock for a while.  Target dropped their prices down to 127, and so did Walmart, and now whatever stock is out there looks like it will bottom out around there. 

• Like 1