Star Wars 2020

Val-E

I think it would be far better to have the portrait come out of the "canvas" like a hybrid painting/sculpture...that way it's still "real" LEGO

also dem dots are a pita to remove...LEGO needs to come up w/ a new brick separator for the dots...I'm thinking something that starts off really thin but gets thicker as you twist (corkscrew like)..that way the dot can be lifted instead of being "popped" out (and never to be seen again) 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think it would be far better to have the portrait come out of the "canvas" like a hybrid painting/sculpture...that way it's still "real" LEGO

also dem dots are a pita to remove...LEGO needs to come up w/ a new brick separator for the dots...I'm thinking something that starts off really thin but gets thicker as you twist (corkscrew like)..that way the dot can be lifted instead of being "popped" out (and never to be seen again) 

Ive found that if you turn the Brick Separator upside down and run down a row of DOTS at a slight angle, getting just under the lip, it will dislodge, but not pop off, the DOTS in an orderly fashion. Stripping them row by row is also more fun.

• 2 weeks later...

images popping up online for summer wave.

A few were mentioned before, but there is a new Final Duel that I wasn’t aware was being released. Looks identical to the 2015 edition. Others include: AAT, Grevious SF, Anakin Interceptor, Resistance Transport, and Knights of Ren ship

Ren Ship looks like a chocolate twinkie to me

That final duel is going up to $100 for sure, and with the horrendous Lego exchange rates (now $100 USD---> $140 CAD) it'll be an easy pass for me.

The AAT looks a bit thick in the mid portion, but overall it's an alright set. I like the Night Buzzard.

2 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'm not seeing much reason to buy the Rebel Combat Frigate anymore.  I'm sure the figures are different, but when you're talking $100+ for a figure, a cheaper alternative will be chosen by most.

Will be interesting to see what happens. The adult one from the rebel frigate is still unique and the only one from the later time period and the most similar in age as what’s coming on the Mandalorian. 

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'm not seeing much reason to buy the Rebel Combat Frigate anymore.  I'm sure the figures are different, but when you're talking $100+ for a figure, a cheaper alternative will be chosen by most.

Those Ahsoka Clones will be fire!  I hate the tank compared to 8018

image.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Belac said:

FYI 75270 seems to be sold out at Lego shop at home. 

weird.  just came out in January.   still in stock at all retailers.   would be something to have a 6 month surprise retirement of this set....

but more likely what really is happening is that sales of this set stink and TLG is trying to "Lucy" us

Charlie Brown Football GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

into buying a bunch b4 switching off the SOLD OUT.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

weird.  just came out in January.   still in stock at all retailers.   would be something to have a 6 month surprise retirement of this set....

but more likely what really is happening is that sales of this set stink and TLG is trying to "Lucy" us into buying a bunch b4 switching off the SOLD OUT.

On sale at LL Cali.....just saying....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

but more likely what really is happening is that sales of this set stink and TLG is trying to "Lucy" us

Charlie Brown Football GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

into buying a bunch b4 switching off the SOLD OUT.

They(LEGO) have certainly learned a little about our buying habits and seem to be Playing us a little with their labeling Techniques and quick Backorder status.. I think Wise brickpickers are catching on quicker than they'd hoped.😏 I still bought a couple few at target as I don't want to be TOO smart to make a gamble Profit🤑

Edited by Belac

I was wanting to grab a couple of OT Stormtroopers the other day.  I looked through my own collection, and realized I don't have any.  (Weird!)  So, I was looking at the store, and no sets jumped out at me as having OT Stormtroopers.

I just looked at S@H.  I can only find OT Stormtroopers in two sets - the Death Star and the 4+ X-Wing Starfigher Trench Run 75235.  Disappointed that there aren't more OT Stormtroopers available.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Lobot said:

Images of the new SW sets - courtesy of Eurobricks - most are now listed on the LEGO website:

I’ll go there - after the Ahsoka set the advent is the winner here. 2 Christmas sweaters!?! Plus Christmas Darth in an otherwise mostly sequel trilogy themed calendar? This is glorious madness. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I’ll go there - after the Ahsoka set the advent is the winner here. 2 Christmas sweaters!?! Plus Christmas Darth in an otherwise mostly sequel trilogy themed calendar? This is glorious madness. 

Don't forget the Razor Crest as well.

The OT Stormtrooper is welcome as well.  Right now, there's only one set with an OT Stormy on the shelves.