Star Wars 2020

Val-E

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

why? there will be a million of them just like the mando packs

Battle packs are easy 300-400% profits and while this isn’t a battle pack, apparently one can never have enough 501st or Mandos. There’s a pattern here of a 501st set only appearing every 4-5 years so those that miss out will happily pay extra for them when the retail price is reasonable. 

7 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Battle packs are easy 300-400% profits and while this isn’t a battle pack, apparently one can never have enough 501st or Mandos. There’s a pattern here of a 501st set only appearing every 4-5 years so those that miss out will happily pay extra for them when the retail price is reasonable. 

so one could potentially make $100 profit on a $30 pack? in how many years of sitting on it?

5 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

so one could potentially make $100 profit on a $30 pack? in how many years of sitting on it?

Depends on the battle pack.

I’d go with anything Imperial or that has cool helmet figures. 

My most surprising one is the recent 75216 with 2 clones and 2 jedi. I found some still in stores in January and have already sold 2 for over 3 times what I paid for them after fees, etc. The jawas ones I bought at the same time will surely take longer. 

48 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

the brickheadz are growing on me. fun little build for the bookshelf. 

Crazy that a few years back many thought they were poop.  Funny how things change..... anything that makes a profit is never poop in my book.

Wish the Razor Crest box as bigger 😕 Looks like a 48x38x7 cm box, which I dislike greatly when the set is $130 to begin with. I miss the days when $80-100 sets were in big boxes. Feel like $130 deserves a 58x38x9 box at least, that was the standard box for the bigger retail sets for a while.

18 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Wish the Razor Crest box as bigger 😕 Looks like a 48x38x7 cm box, which I dislike greatly when the set is $130 to begin with. I miss the days when $80-100 sets were in big boxes. Feel like $130 deserves a 58x38x9 box at least, that was the standard box for the bigger retail sets for a while.

easy to ship 😀

1 hour ago, Mr_Coat said:

Any ideas why all the busts have dropped off of Amazon and Target? On Target, the Pre-Orders are sold out (??), while Amazon suddenly went to no longer available.

Covid related, or is this normal as we get closer to release date?

I saw the TIE Pilot bust in the list of sets qualifying for the $10 GC when I searched Target yesterday.  Maybe they wised up and took it down to keep people from gaming the system?

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I saw the TIE Pilot bust in the list of sets qualifying for the $10 GC when I searched Target yesterday.  Maybe they wised up and took it down to keep people from gaming the system?

Interesting. I aw the TIE Pilot bust on Target (not Amazon at all), but the $10 GC says that pre-orders don't qualify...

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Head looks weird to me... I’ll stick with my 8129

That was my first reaction as well.  Then I realized it has two AT-AT drivers AND Gen. Veers.  Could it be that they're finally going to sit side-by-side with Veers behind them?

And what is LEGO's deal with constantly sticking speeder bikes on Hoth?  Has anyone ever seen an Imperial Speeder bike in any rendition of ESB?  I would have preferred a couple of rebel troops to another useless speeder bike.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the snowtrooper pointing his e-web blaster at his buddies?

35 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Head looks weird to me... I’ll stick with my 8129

Right. It looks like it’s squinting. Might be fixable with a mod. But the designers should have got it right after this many sets. I like the 2014 model overall. It’s cute. 

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

And what is LEGO's deal with constantly sticking speeder bikes on Hoth?  Has anyone ever seen an Imperial Speeder bike in any rendition of ESB?  I would have preferred a couple of rebel troops to another useless speeder bike.

It's because helicopters weren't invented yet in Star Wars.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1