Star Wars 2020

Val-E

16 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Supposedly we're getting a 501st Battlepack with 4 regular 501st Troops & 2 Droids & 1 BARC Speeder & 1 Walker for 30 bucks RRP. 

Also General Grievous starfighter & AT-AT (old news), an AT-TE (excited!), a Stormtrooper & a Boba Fett bust (also old news), Anakin's starfighter, a blue Clone Wars style AAT & a Snowspeeder.

Source: Brickstory on YouTube

I don't know if this stuff is true, he says he has his sources.

AT-TE? Never heard of it before. 

2 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

From what I have seen, there is nothing related to the Mandalorian, besides a Brickheadz Mando & Yoda. How is this possible? Razor Crest would be instant gold (the BHZ set will be too) but only that one set? I'm holding out for that 1% chance that the sets related to Mandalorian could be covered or something as I am much more interested in those than the crap that has been mentioned so far. ATAT for $160, AAT, Anakin Interceptor, whatever the hell a Night Buzzard is, etc. Not a single new idea

I assume we will see a Razor Crest as a retail exclusive. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

From what I have seen, there is nothing related to the Mandalorian, besides a Brickheadz Mando & Yoda. How is this possible? Razor Crest would be instant gold (the BHZ set will be too) but only that one set? I'm holding out for that 1% chance that the sets related to Mandalorian could be covered or something as I am much more interested in those than the crap that has been mentioned so far. ATAT for $160, AAT, Anakin Interceptor, whatever the hell a Night Buzzard is, etc. Not a single new idea

Mandolorian Season 2 is set for October 2020.  Maybe a winter wave instead?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, t_mafia said:

Night Buzzard: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Night_Buzzard

Knights of Ren Starship from SW IX.  At least it's something new.  Shame I'll never buy one.

I think LEGO hedged their bets a little too close to their chests with the Mandalorian series and got caught out. Resistance Animated sets were also disappointing. Von Reg's Interceptor was  the pick of the two. But, no Fireball, the key ship from series, which would have been a winner for sure. I can imagine LEGO are now rushing round frantically, trying to make a Razorcrest set. If they don't, I may go down the MOC route, as there are few good designs on BrickLink. Mof Gideon's Tie would have been another for them to consider and a great mini-figure opportunity with that Dark Sabre.

3 hours ago, Justy6969 said:

I think LEGO hedged their bets a little too close to their chests with the Mandalorian series and got caught out. Resistance Animated sets were also disappointing. Von Reg's Interceptor was  the pick of the two. But, no Fireball, the key ship from series, which would have been a winner for sure. I can imagine LEGO are now rushing round frantically, trying to make a Razorcrest set. If they don't, I may go down the MOC route, as there are few good designs on BrickLink. Mof Gideon's Tie would have been another for them to consider and a great mini-figure opportunity with that Dark Sabre.

I think the chaos was coming from Disney / LucasFilms side.  Just look at the absolutely abysmal sets related to ep IX.  That movie was supposed to be the end of a saga for goodness sake, yet the sets are a bunch of remakepalooza. LOL.

• Like 2

Any chance of getting a troop transport?  Maybe with a flame trooper.  I'm sure they are scouring the Mandalorian for set ideas.  I like the idea of Mof Gideon's TIE.  The photo of the released Razor Crest looks good.  I'm guessing $120 set that will sell like hot cakes and be over produced.

I think the rush is to preview for the New York Toy Fair which starts this weekend... the mad-rush to merchandise the baby has arrived.

Pre-order is available on Shop.Lego.com and Amazon.com too, even though availability is not until 5 months from now:

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-BrickHeadz-Mandalorian-Building-Pieces/dp/B0849S7C5W/

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-mandalorian-the-child-75317

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Building/dp/B0849GZMZH/

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-razor-crest-75292

-g

• Like 2

since nobody knows, using a common sense approach - what could possible LEGO get from advertising a limited (yet hardly awaited by customers) run? I guess that your second thought is more on spot and it goes hand in hand with their latest "night mode" admission that they have been testing waters for potential market interest.. this is probably the same.. the production including the packaging and logistics would not take more than 6-8 weeks (see the seals on the latest Disney Pluto and Donald Duck BHz).. so they have like 4 months for a totally non-commited market research how many pre-orders they get.. and adjust the production accordingly.

I preordered from LEGO, but seeing Amazon with it I may just do it there, too.

Hey I want to be at the front of the line.

My hope tho is that LEGO will have this on sale at SDCC in July so I can get it early.

Will this be mass produced? Of course. But I’m an impatient lot for both the Brickheadz and the Razor’s Crest.

15 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

What leads me to believe that LEGO is just "testing waters" for demand on both of these sets is that they have not aired any box arts.. the available images are totally scarce

There are a bunch of reasons why I am sure. I bet they don't even have box art yet. Outside of the toy fair's, I bet their customer service head demanded they at least get a posting up so people would stop asking when they would have sets. 😄

• Like 3

Testing waters since they're tired of losing their a** on Star Wars sets (rehashes, fan fatigue).  That's maybe putting it a little strong, and I have zero evidence to back that up (sales figures, etc.).  It's odd to not have box art available but agree with nolanfan34.

It will be interesting to see if preordering is a new thing.  More interesting will be what that does to reselling.  I mean usually once something was available, a backorder indicator was a sign of high demand since initial quantities were gone.  Now that demand is hidden behind the scenes.  All speculation, what do I know, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by MusiKyle

I think the rush is to preview for the New York Toy Fair which starts this weekend... the mad-rush to merchandise the baby has arrived.
Pre-order is available on Shop.Lego.com and Amazon.com too, even though availability is not until 5 months from now:
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-BrickHeadz-Mandalorian-Building-Pieces/dp/B0849S7C5W/
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-mandalorian-the-child-75317
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Building/dp/B0849GZMZH/
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-razor-crest-75292
-g

Bhz is available for preorder at Walmart and Target too.

13 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

It will be interesting to see if preordering is a new thing.  More interesting will be what that does to reselling.  I mean usually once something was available, a backorder indicator was a sign of high demand since initial quantities were gone.  Now that demand is hidden behind the scenes.  All speculation, what do I know, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Something else preorders should eliminate - another UCS MF debacle.  I can see a debate going on inside LEGO that some are lobbying for huge quantities so they don't sell out, but others are looking at the rest of the SW line and saying they're not really selling.  (Although I don't have actual sales data to support that, that is what my favorite LEGO store manager has shared with me).