Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series UCS - Wish List

cvail8

There are rumors that the UCS Hoth Echo Base is just a placeholder for another major UCS set. Reputable people have mentioned this to me, so I'm just throwing it out there. I have hinted at it before and I have wondered why another "Hoth" set would be released right before the new movie releases. If the ice planet in The Force Awakens is indeed Hoth then it would all make sense. If it is not, then a Hoth set would seem like a poor choice at that time.

There are rumors that the UCS Hoth Echo Base is just a placeholder for another major UCS set. Reputable people have mentioned this to me, so I'm just throwing it out there. I have hinted at it before and I have wondered why another "Hoth" set would be released right before the new movie releases. If the ice planet in The Force Awakens is indeed Hoth then it would all make sense. If it is not, then a Hoth set would seem like a poor choice at that time.

A lot of the pieces look similar to what is in 7879.  But it does look like a lot more effort went into the design, than is typical of these videos.  Maybe they used designs from the new FA sets but made it fit the hoth scene?  guess we will just have to wait and see.

looking at the FA trailer, none of the designs in the lego video fit the new ice base.  could just be a mashup of hoth designs, or maybe a new set (UCS or not).

Edited by jay4e

But on the same token, from a marketing/business perspective, it would make sense to have some old school trilogy sets, that are brand new for when this movie is released.  The OT stuff is starting to get a little thin at the moment, with many sets from 2013 and now 2014 retiring.  Only the Jedi Duel, Slave 1, Sandcrawler, and Shuttle Tydirium seem like they will be around into next year..  It would make some sense to pump in a large scale UCS hoth base to provide some more juice.

I'm sure this could be a perfect bait set to bring a whole slew of new potential AFOL's into lego.  A rather complete UCS Hoth base that contains tauntauns, a wampa, an echo base, 12 to 15 minifigures, and a snowspeeder for around 250 to 300.00.  Some adults are going to eat that up, if they haven't bought lego, yet.  I think it makes some sense.  Although, I do agree with you that a set based on the new movie makes more sense, but that might come later.  Heck, there's 5 years of SW films coming down the pipe, so i'm sure we will see at least 10 big UCS playsets, and 20 new UCS vehicles in the next 5 years.  

I'm still hoping/wishing that it's a UCS AT-AT.  *crosses fingers*  I don't want another EV playset, even though the hoth echo base would be awesome.  It seems like it's been longgggg overdue for Lego to give the AT-AT a proper treatment.

Edited by citymorgue

I'm still hoping/wishing that it's a UCS AT-AT.  *crosses fingers*  I don't want another EV playset, even though the hoth echo base would be awesome.  It seems like it's been longgggg overdue for Lego to give the AT-AT a proper treatment.

I'm guessing we will find out Saturday what is coming down the pipe at the SDCC.  They are supposedly doing SW reveals at the show.

When the teaser trailer for TFA came out and we saw a desert planet, everyone assumed Tattooine; now we know it is actually Jakku.  The base may be 'Echo base', but it doesn't mean it has to be Hoth.  Regardless, I will end up buying it.

Pulling back to the UCS wish list, what about a lightsaber?  Seriously, just make a detailed, foot-long saber handle with styling specific to an important character.  Universal Studios theme park sells the custom wands of all the Harry Potter characters - why can't I buy different saber handles for Darth Vader, Count Dooku, and Luke?  Allow for 'blade' mounting of transparent, tinted bricks with lighting elements inside, and design the handle to allow for a battery power box.  How many of the new red saber with the two crossguard mini-blades would they sell with the opening of this movie?

• Like 2

When the teaser trailer for TFA came out and we saw a desert planet, everyone assumed Tattooine; now we know it is actually Jakku.  The base may be 'Echo base', but it doesn't mean it has to be Hoth.  Regardless, I will end up buying it.

Pulling back to the UCS wish list, what about a lightsaber?  Seriously, just make a detailed, foot-long saber handle with styling specific to an important character.  Universal Studios theme park sells the custom wands of all the Harry Potter characters - why can't I buy different saber handles for Darth Vader, Count Dooku, and Luke?  Allow for 'blade' mounting of transparent, tinted bricks with lighting elements inside, and design the handle to allow for a battery power box.  How many of the new red saber with the two crossguard mini-blades would they sell with the opening of this movie?

There are the Force FX replicas which are done by Hasbro.  we also had https://ideas.lego.com/projects/11147 that was rejected for what ever reasons.  there has to be some reason they have not done this already, maybe there is a conflict in the licensing rights that Hasbro owns?

Edited by jay4e

I agree. I have a question though. I've been in the dark ages. Does TLG typically release sets for movies before they've been released? I know they did for Jurassic World. Because with the movie still being way off in December, we haven't seen many scenes from it, and this new UCS would be a few months prior. So I wonder what kind of ultimate collector set they could come up with before the movie is released. 

Well, crap.  That takes out several possibilites.  I was thinking wearable geek gear.  Put a frame together with technic pieces and line the top with a stretchy net or solid rubbery piece, like the sails on Jabba's sail barge, then use the frame to construct full-size helmets for stormtroopers, clones, Mandalorians, etc.  The number of pieces and complexity would definitely be in the UCS range, and creating all the variants we have seen in the movies, TV series, etc. would make for a heck of a franchise.

Or am I really stretching the geek limits because I want a Captain Rex helmet with view finder?

A lot of the pieces look similar to what is in 7879.  But it does look like a lot more effort went into the design, than is typical of these videos.  Maybe they used designs from the new FA sets but made it fit the hoth scene?  guess we will just have to wait and see.

looking at the FA trailer, none of the designs in the lego video fit the new ice base.  could just be a mashup of hoth designs, or maybe a new set (UCS or not).

Maybe a lot of work went into the design of the video, but not the LEGO models themselves.  This does not look like UCS quality to me.

• Like 1

I want to see UCS Inquisitor's lightsaber (from SW Rebels), the one that spins like a helicopter blades ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd LOVE to see a UCS AT-AT. It's such an iconic vehicle; anyone that came in the house and saw a large-scale Lego version of it would be might impressed. It would be a great seller. Also, it seems like there's been whisperings and innuendo here and there that such a set may be coming out, not to mention that an AT-AT foot was one of the first props leaked from the new movie last year (whether a foot from an active AT-AT or a downed one I don't know).

I guess it would seem a bit odd to have it come out right on the heels of the current version (75054), but I don't know enough about how TLG works to really speculate.

brickset page for the upcoming Star Wars UCS set #75098 was updated recently

http://brickset.com/sets/75098-1/{D2C-set}

price is $249.95

box size is identical to Ewok Village

Looks like the rumors of it being a UCS Hoth set are true as opposed to a possible UCS AT-AT. That blows.

Edit: Actually, I guess it could still be a 2200+ piece UCS AT-AT. Here's to hoping!

Edited by oneknightr

I suppose Cloud City would excite me more than Hoth. As someone who's bought the EV to build, I still just can't get excited about Hoth. It would seem to disconnected unless you did it on an absurd scale; the Ewok village at least can be a few trees with floor and bridges and it looks good. It's Lego, though, so I suppose I'd come around and a year from now, if Hoth is the set, I'll end up with it in my shopping cart...

Definitely Cloud City, right? It's time for a rehash.

Cloud City is probably up next after Hoth.  I'm actually ok with Hoth being the next set.  I kind of think if it's done right, and contains tauntauns and the wampa, that it will be a worthwhile buy.  At 250.00 it's got to be pretty darn good.  Ewok Village is definitely a gem.

Here's what i'd like to see:

UCS Vehicles:

1. AT-AT (299.99)
  2. Republic Gunship (299.99)
  3. X-34 Landspeeder (129.99)
  4. UCS General Grievous Wheelbike (129.99)

Large UCS environement sets (250-300.00)

1. Cloud City
  2. Degobah with Yoda's Hut, Giant Trees, and Swamp Slug
  3. Cantina (lots of aliens, anything less than 15 minifigs would be a dissapointment)
  4. Jabbas Palace done right, but built in a similar fashion to the 2012-13 sets (once again, at least 10 to 15 minifigs with a Jabba and Rancor)
  • Like 2