Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series UCS - Wish List

cvail8

39 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

BB-8  - I'd love to have a BB-8 sitting on my desk.

I know this isn't Star Wars, but, non-SW UCS - The Tardis.

Oh man, if we're going down the non-SW UCS sets, I would love:

Serenity, Original BG Colonial Viper, Enterprise (1701-Refit, Reliant, pretty much any version), and Aliens Dropship and APC.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, rmendol1 said:

Thats not a trap ;) I think the Home One would be a good 2500 piece set...

I would really like this, or the Medical Frigate.  My only concern is that it will never happen, because outside of the medical frigate, (which even then didn't have much except to pan out at the end of empire,) because both the ships are pretty obscure, and would be too much of a risk of turning into another B-Wing.

• Like 1

I had an epiphany today.  UCS trench run from a new hope, micro fighter scale.  Done right that would be a day one buy for me, no waiting for double VIP, exclusive promo etc, just get to the store (here's not been a set yet that I've been keen enough to get without having the patience to at least wait for some promo).

Obviously by microfighter scale i mean updating the microfighters to be be a little more movie accurate (and maybe using those mini-mini figs).  Maybe the piece count would still be too high but if you could engineer those clear beams to support diff x-wing/y-wing formations thats a display set I'd love (I know there have been some good MOCS but they're a bit too detailed even for UCS).
The demand for that type of set (along the lines of DS II) is something i don't believe TLG thinks is there or is catering too so doubt its going to happen.  But if I ruled TLG (and only putting this down on the super slim off-chance they do ue these boards for mkt research and i want my vote in :))

1) Trench Run
2) Cloud City
3) Mon Calmari
4) AT-AT
5) Actually anything done well that's not a rehash of older sets cobbled into one (naming no names)

I'm just stoked that we've got at least 5 years of new movies (cant remember when the license runs out) so I'm thinking 10 minimum UCS SW sets coming eventually.  Going to start putting $2 a day into a pot and let the good times come.

• 3 weeks later...

SW-UCS....my vision is  the Dagobah  swamp with top half of Luke's xwing submerged effect....with yoda's cave..off to the left...a massive tree (training area) to the right..and a " hallway cave of jungle for Luke to walk down his true feelings" to the rear.. Of course r2 has to have a submerged hole in the " swamp ".. I think it would make an amazing display piece..mini figs  include swamp muddy R2 ..swamp stained Luke ...Yoda w ( new) snake paint!!! .we gotta get this!!!  

• Like 1

SW-UCS....my vision is  the Dagobah  swamp with top half of Luke's xwing submerged effect....with yoda's cave..off to the left...a massive tree (training area) to the right..and a " hallway cave of jungle for Luke to walk down his true feelings" to the rear.. Of course r2 has to have a submerged hole in the " swamp ".. I think it would make an amazing display piece..mini figs  include swamp muddy R2 ..swamp stained Luke ...Yoda w ( new) snake paint!!! .we gotta get this!!!  

And get Yoda in the new cmf baby mold and attach him to Luke's back.

• Like 2

Yea, this is great until they re-release it with yoda's cave..off to the right...a massive tree (training area) to the left...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think with the new AOH there is a market for more play or diorama type sets...

Endor attack remake would be epic. A cross between the old endor base attack set and Ewok Villiage. Crashing logs, ATs and a legit base.

Courescant would be a pretty cool build done via the DSII (more cityscape than playset). Even done large scale with the super micro figs (think DC helicarrier).

Cloud City is ABSOLUTELY due a huge remake similar to 10188. TONS Of options there.

I think a Death Star hanger would be epic. So many MOCs of it, but a nice UCS falcon scale with ties and guards.

And I think a Tatooine set of Lukes old house with uncle ben (domes and evaporators and lots of sand lol)

Of course like everyone else I would love another SSD remake. The thing is awesome but its SO LONG and skinny.... lol 10030 is great size but lacks detail to me.....

Unless they can build large single models with play elements like EV or 10188 then play sets should be avoided.  Especially "dioramas" like AoH, by all means make sets but not as UCS.

UCS models have a wow factor and can easily be distinguished from standard lego sets even by non lego enthusiasts. Diorama collections may have their place in the future but not as UCS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want an updated ISD. Yes, I am wishing for a remake. Still, I think it has much room for improvement. Better building techniques and maybe some form of an interior. The old one had enough time to shine on the secondary markets. Additionally I believe that a substantial update can always legitimate a second release. 

Why am I wishing for it?

1. Because I don't have the old one and find its design too dated to make me buy one for the price it is fetching. It is just not worth it. (10179  was worth it on the other hand)
  2. It has an actual likelihood of being released eventually, not just a geeky fantasy. That set is basically demanding a new release and LEGO has to really try hard to mess that one up.
Edited by inversion
  • Like 1