Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series UCS - Wish List

cvail8

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, exracer327 said:

Curiously, we have seen every primary fighter from Star Wars movies made into a UCS set except the A-Wing and Tie-Bomber.  I would love to see both.

The UCS MOC on LEGO ideas of Luke's Speeder I thought was incredible.  But based upon LEGO only taking new license ideas, I doubt it'll ever happen.

The one ship I would really love to see is the Naboo Royal Cruiser.  In all chrome, that would look awesome!  Would be a challenge to capture the smooth body and wings, but would look awesome.

Otherwise: Venator Class Star Destroyer and AT-AT

When I think of "scenes" I struggle to want any as an UCS.  They all fall into the same category as Hoth - a great play set (minus anyone actually leading the assault,) but not UCS.  Or they end up being so large they're impracticable as a LEGO set.  Would be easier to buy as parts like the original Jabba's Palace, Message, and Prize (4475 + 4476 + 4480).

I always missed the Naboo Royal Cruiser but i really doubt the ability to nicely represent it's smooth shining metallic surface using lego pieces. I love the Venator as well but I'd love even more having a Nebulon or a remake of Tantive IV... 

Edited by Floriano

• 3 weeks later...

With the MILF we've now got 2 high priced UCS sets. I imagine until the MILF retires there'll be no more sets that size. So no ISD, Venator etc.

So the question is what sets are likely and what sets should they be considering for the next 2 years?  I guess we're looking at 4 releases. Probably 3 ships 1 playset all in the 2-2500 piece range. Probably 1 of those will be a re-release. My guess is next re-release would likely be Vaders Tie Fighter.

A-wing surely has to be in consideration? 

Will anything from R1, TFA or TLJ be considered? Large scale Takodana playset with 15ish minifigs? Yavin IV?

Everyone wants large scale AT-AT but having built Raskolnikovs MOC I'd say it would be difficult for Lego to build a sturdy enough example within the piece count limit. Similar for U-wing and Zeta class transporter from R1.

We've seen UCS versions of Lukes Landspeeder and Reys Speeder but I think these are unlikely given they'd be beyond minifig scale.

So what are peoples thoughts? 

I think some sort of Cloud City could come. Maybe a play set? I could see a really cool UCS of the Khetanna. But we all know what we really want! A UCS Gungan Bongo Submarine with a special JAR JAR Minifig and maybe a Sando Aqua to really complete it! I mean, screw the SM and her zombie sharks. Jar Jar has Sando Aquas!!! :)

Bongo.jpg.a4745ff4fd81915cc0f36280bf03d2d8.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:52 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

With the MILF we've now got 2 high priced UCS sets. I imagine until the MILF retires there'll be no more sets that size. So no ISD, Venator etc.

So the question is what sets are likely and what sets should they be considering for the next 2 years?  I guess we're looking at 4 releases. Probably 3 ships 1 playset all in the 2-2500 piece range. Probably 1 of those will be a re-release. My guess is next re-release would likely be Vaders Tie Fighter.

Will anything from R1, TFA or TLJ be considered? Large scale Takodana playset with 15ish minifigs? Yavin IV?

Everyone wants large scale AT-AT but having built Raskolnikovs MOC I'd say it would be difficult for Lego to build a sturdy enough example within the piece count limit. Similar for U-wing and Zeta class transporter from R1.

We've seen UCS versions of Lukes Landspeeder and Reys Speeder but I think these are unlikely given they'd be beyond minifig scale.

I like your analysis. I might suggest that if anything, the BB-8 proves that a smaller scale UCS item could work. Can you imagine a series of $100 UCS sets like the speeders, Luke's, Rey's and the speederbike?

I would think that a $150 mid scale set of the A-Wing or the Jedi Eta Interceptor could work. I know that there's a lot of negativity towards Prequel stuff, but they had some serious designs.

It would be nice to see them take a stab at the Republic Gunship or the Venator.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2017 at 4:52 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

hmm i think the MF was a test in a way....if it doing well we might see 500$ set... a 800usd set is pushing up the mental frontier.... has I see this 800$ MF sets like hot cake. So why wouldn't they release a 600$ ISD?

Edited by TargetZero

2 hours ago, Brickson said:

I'm pretty sure the MF and DS will never retire, unfortunately.

Your right on one of those MF will be on the market for a long time. But DS I don't is gonna make it pass 3 years after, then they'll retired it. I still have one  DS 10188 still seal I'm just gonna build it and keep it, I made a bad choice on buying it a waste of  400hundred USD. Thank god I bought of bunch of rebels Star Wars at clearance specially the ghost I have 8 of them. I should made some good money this coming November before Christmas.  

12 hours ago, Brian92007 said:

Your right on one of those MF will be on the market for a long time. But DS I don't is gonna make it pass 3 years after, then they'll retired it. I still have one  DS 10188 still seal I'm just gonna build it and keep it, I made a bad choice on buying it a waste of  400hundred USD. Thank god I bought of bunch of rebels Star Wars at clearance specially the ghost I have 8 of them. I should made some good money this coming November before Christmas.  

10188 ran for 8 yrs, was retired for less than 12 months then rereleased. That says to me that Lego don't intend for it to ever be a short run set. The fact it is a play set means it has attraction from both adults and children hehe is success.

MILF is another anniversary set so doesn't make sense for it to never retire. It's also a display piece rather than a playset. Although kids will think it looks awesome it's not something that can be played with and therefore when the collectors stop buying it will go. It won't be on many kids Christmas lists unlike DS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 6:04 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I don't remember if it's been said, or if I've said it before but, I'd love to see a UCS A-Wing.  I'd buy that one day one.

Yep, that's the main one I would love to see.  Should be between $120 - $150 as well because the ship is 2/3 the size of the x-wing.

Was just reading a post of upcoming 2018 LEGO SW sets on reblescum.com and came across a comment at the bottom about the "rumored UCS Y-wing".  Anyone know anything about this "rumored" set?

Here is the post I was reading.  Comment re: the UCS Y-wing is in the final paragraph.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_What_To_Expect_In_18_176214.asp