Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

1 minute ago, swatkills456 said:

What make you say the price will rise on the WON set?

Popular word of mouth through media outlets, positive social representation for many generations. online availability dwindling (minus flippers) in a world with more of an online purchasing mentality, holiday shopping rush fast approaching...yeah I can see a spike with this set.I also see discounts in the next year with too much store stock available due to limits..

with target shipping and BN shipping -  there's plenty of supply en route to resellers as we speak ---  bunches are one-off sellers too buy 5, save 1 for self -- sell for minimal profits to fund the one purchase.

Watch ebay to explore with sellers later this week and amzn to continue downward slide until black friday. 

15 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

My BN order says shipped via lasership. What the heck company is that?

It's a delivery company that is kind of known in the east coast, supposedly it's "fast" which I will see since I got the notification just now that mine were shipped and expected to be here tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Got my first return request- of course it was from the one buyer who paid 100+ for it. I am imposing a 20% restocking fee for it. Sucks but I figured it would happen.

*Dislike*

we all know we are taking advantage of the situation. Not worth buyer screwing around with A-Z claim with the restock fee. Better to take the return and just move on. 

*Dislike*

we all know we are taking advantage of the situation. Not worth buyer screwing around with A-Z claim with the restock fee. Better to take the return and just move on. 

Strange that you bring up ethics on a site where the whole goal is to buy Lego sets and sell them at a higher price later. My charging a restocking fee is not unethical. I have to cover costs like shipping- outside of Amazon's crappy shipping credit. Additionally, I don't know what condition this set will be in when I get it back. If it was opened, it dramatically decreases the value.

You don't have to like my business practices, but please don't tell me what to do with my money or inventory.

I have heard and seen real shady tactics employed when selling Lego, or anything for that matter.

I posted the return not to seek approval, but to make everyone aware that people will be issuing return requests, especially the sales around $100 when the price has now dropped by $30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, labfreak7 said:

Strange that you bring up ethics on a site where the whole goal is to buy Lego sets and sell them at a higher price later. My charging a restocking fee is not unethical. I have to cover costs like shipping- outside of Amazon's crappy shipping credit. Additionally, I don't know what condition this set will be in when I get it back. If it was opened, it dramatically decreases the value.
You don't have to like my business practices, but please don't tell me what to do with my money or inventory.
I have heard and seen real shady tactics employed when selling Lego, or anything for that matter.

I’m not getting into the ethical aspect of it , but the customer can open a AZ claim and leave a negative feedback if they so choose . Just something to be aware of . 

18 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

I posted the return not to seek approval, but to make everyone aware that people will be issuing return requests, especially the sales around $100 when the price has now dropped by $30.

I am pretty sure the dislike was for the customer returning the item, not that you want to charge a restocking fee. 

15 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

forget about the return and thinking about 10+ or whatever you sold in the last couple days. 

I sold some GBH when it peaked last month or so and got 1 return. Price come down more than half. If you ask me how i feel the return, of cause it is not good. Try to focus on the positive and move on. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

I do, I just don't like being called out on that. If that is not what he meant by the post, then he has my apologies.
Amazon CS have told me in the past that I am completely entitled to charge a restocking fee if the return is based on buyers remorse and not defect.

Did the CS also tell you it is up to your customer to leave you negative feedback due to poor customer service? this is what i was told about charging for a return. Amazon feedback is hard to come by if you know what i mean ....... LOL

10 hours ago, labfreak7 said:

Got my first return request- of course it was from the one buyer who paid 100+ for it. I am imposing a 20% restocking fee for it. Sucks but I figured it would happen.

Relist it for $50 free ship and get it sold right away, have the buyer send it elsewhere for you. You take $20 back, plus the $50. All in all, $70 shipped is not bad.