Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

I understand if people are crazy enough to pay $100 after it's retired, but on backorder?
As a seller, I'd be concerned with a lot of returns when they notice it back in stock at $24.99.
I've been at this for years, but I guess I'm still not desperate enough as a buyer or QFLL enough as a seller to make sense of the madness.

3 hours ago, montreid said:

can't imagine Lego doing a second longer run on this like Research Institute and ExoSuit yet.    Only real place sold out is US and Amazon -- and that's before the secondary floods from this weeks reseller purchases.   Still in stock overseas without issue.

Yup, lots in stock overseas. This NASA item is an American thing. Not big in Canada or anywhere else in the world. Saw boatloads of these in Burnaby, BC (Canada)'s TRU.

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Down to rank 4 in Toys

If it works on sale numbers then it may simply be because people can't buy them as OOS?

i have a number of fbm orders placed early yesterday morning when it was going for just over $100.  i have been waiting all day to package these since  they don't have to be shipped until tomorrow and assumed i would get some cancellations once the undercutting commenced but knock knock knock so far haven't gotten any cancellations. 

there are currently zero FBA listings available for purchase on the amazon listing :o .  last time i remember seeing one it was $119. that will change soon .

• Like 1

soo.. basically, if I understood this frenzy freaking acting in the US.. we in EU should be perfectly fine to buy these sets later on (like autumn 2018) for a probable 50 per cent off on the official LEGO e-shop (they did this discount both to Ghosbusters and Dr. Who) and be off and laughing..? :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

soo.. basically, if I understood this frenzy freaking acting in the US.. we in EU should be perfectly fine to buy these sets later on (like autumn 2018) for a probable 50 per cent off on the official LEGO e-shop (they did this discount both to Ghosbusters and Dr. Who) and be off and laughing..? :)

It is just a matter of $ now vs € later :drag:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

yup. historical data does suggest that with any lego sets. People who don't want to miss out and likes showing off their new toys to their friends are the ones paying a premium. Poor souls paying over $1000 for the new MF will cry about it being discounted next year.