Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

Got a shipment notification from LEGO Shop at Home that my two have shipped. They won’t be delivered till next Saturday! What the heck?!? By the time I get these, I’ll have to give them away!! Lol.....

I might as well buy five more from B&N.... they’ll probably get here quicker!

Edited by legodelorean

I bought 6 more on ebay for $49. 

So this may be a dumb question, but how are you going to make money on that at $50 each? If they hit over $100 by the time you get them, maybe. Current Amazon price is around $75. Take$12 in fees plus whatever the shipping cost is and that translates to a dismal profit.

Take one of my Amazon sales as an example:

Order date: 11/04/2017

Price: $74.99

Shipping: $4.99

Amazon fees: -$12.99

Your earnings: $66.99

Let's assume shipping is about $9.

That's 57.99

- $27 for the set

That's roughly $30 profit for each set purchased at RRP.

Again, my apologies if you have something set up that translates to better profits but from where I am sitting, it seems risky and unrewarding.

• Like 1

So this may be a dumb question, but how are you going to make money on that at $50 each? If they hit over $100 by the time you get them, maybe. Current Amazon price is around $75. Take$12 in fees plus whatever the shipping cost is and that translates to a dismal profit.Take one of my Amazon sales as an example:

Order date: 11/04/2017

Price: $74.99

Shipping: $4.99

Amazon fees: -$12.99

Your earnings: $66.99

Let's assume shipping is about $9.

That's 57.99

- $27 for the set

That's roughly $30 profit for each set purchased at RRP.

Again, my apologies if you have something set up that translates to better profits but from where I am sitting, it seems risky and unrewarding.

Price $24.99 - investing, $49.00 - gambling...but he will be fine, wait for Xmas, price will be over $100.00. I sold two sets today in 7 minutes just to test the water, for 99.50 this morning...price will drop again cause avail from B&N...

3 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

and gone.

probably due to the cancelled orders.

Anyone having luck putting in more than 1 orders with BN?

Not me. Put in 16 orders & only 1 went through. When I called the b&n call center the miserable woman in the other line seemed to take great pleasure in telling me that I was eligible for only 5. Haters & jealously everywhere.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

Not me. Put in 16 orders & only 1 went through. When I called the b&n call center the miserable woman in the other line seemed to take great pleasure in telling me that I was eligible for only 5. Haters & jealously everywhere.

You didn't give up after 5-6 and still called?

Just now, jbacunn said:

You didn't give up after 5-6 and still called?

I used 16 different emails for each set of 5 units but the cancellation emails didn't start coming in until I placed the16th.  Quantity limits is a B.S. game that companies mostly lose. B&N will only allow you to order 5 Imperial Hotels online but when you walk into an actual b&n and ask them to order you 70 they have no problem. Just stupid b.s.

2 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

I'm really interested in knowing how she conveyed to you that she was getting "great pleasure"...

• Like 1