Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

21 minutes ago, g3man said:

What a difference a few hours makes!

• 11pm PT: 67 sellers, $67 lowest price 1f61e.png
  • 5am PT: 57 sellers, $77 lowest price
  • 6am PT: 35 sellers, $90 lowest price (!!)

the price gougers can't help but gouge someone.  even when it's their own brethren.  the demand is strong and we're only 2 sellers away from $99 again though.

at least the negative reviews are there for reading and laughing at.

still #1 toy.  with trump out of the country for the next week, hopefully something else besides politics can get the nytimes attention. 

Edited by cladner

1 minute ago, anon33 said:

This thing is a beast... But the wildcard is does Lego have a boatload in reserve?

sure seems like it - when was the last time they didn't run out of stock on an in-demand set.  i'm doing my part, running an off-vip guest checkout banhammer gauntlet.

• Like 5

If someone else can confirm,. I had my wife go to Toys R US yesterday evening. There were no NASA sets in stock; however it appears Toy R US US never received any stock. The associates looked up the set by UPC and it did not appear within the TRUS system Nationwide.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
28 minutes ago, anon33 said:

This thing is a beast... But the wildcard is does Lego have a boatload in reserve?

I agree, I love this little set and can understand the high demand, hence my big order.

LEGO failed with 21110 and 21309. However, I think they'd rather produce less than have too much that they need to offload at -50% at the end.

Edited by TabbyBoy

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I agree, I love this little set and can understand the high demand, hence my big order.

LEGO failed with 21110 and 21309. However, I think they'd rather produce less than have too much that they need to offload at -50% at the end.

I agree.  Doctor Who was a 1 Dec release 2 years ago and never did anything like this in the US, though it didn't have this kind of mainstream appeal.  I'm guessing they underestimated

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I agree.  Doctor Who was a 1 Dec release 2 years ago and never did anything like this in the US, though it didn't have this kind of mainstream appeal.  I'm guessing they underestimated

Doctor Who is doing OK in the UK and I'm now making good easy profits on them. Of course, the very low buy-in on these was key, which I don't think we'll see with WoN.

5 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

AFAIK it´s available to order at all SAH´s.

4 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Doctor Who is for a completely different audience (ie. mostly UK based nerds and geeks :P ) so it is not a fair comparison

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

Doctor Who is for a completely different audience (ie. mostly UK based nerds and geeks :P ) so it is not a fair comparison

You and I know that.  Some TLG employee (probably not an AFOL) deciding on production levels will probably look at Doctor Who (a licensed Ideas set that came out before Christmas within the last 2 years) as a comparable set.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, anon33 said:

If someone else can confirm,. I had my wife go to Toys R US yesterday evening. There were no NASA sets in stock; however it appears Toy R US US never received any stock. The associates looked up the set by UPC and it did not appear within the TRUS system Nationwide.

Chapter 11

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

so far i'm only seeing 35R7 as a seal code and i've looked at a few dozen across multiple retailers including LEGO Shop at Home, amazon.com, target, walmart.com, and bn.com. 

7 minutes ago, DivingDW said:

I had a 34r7

From Amazon.com I received 34R7 and 41R7

• Like 1

Once again this set shows the difference between the lego market in UK vs USA

My local lego store today had loads. Plenty more in back aswell, hardly any interest from people, staff said set was selling but nowhere near as much interest as Saturn.

Unless they have production issues doesnt seem to be a good QF in UK ,as RRP is £20 and selling for £30-£33 shipped on ebay.

20171104_143912.jpg