Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

10 hours ago, exciter1 said:

...and again, you’re the problem

Whenever things are going their way,  some sellers love the free market and competition. It's brought up whenever a customer or Amazon reviewer is ticked off at scalping. But when someone, one of the many sellers whose independent actions make up the free market, acts independently, the same people dislike the free market. If you care one way or another how one seller decides to price his product, maybe you are one of those people who should be internalizing that "if you can't afford to lose it, don't invest it" statement I've seen here recently.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dmc said:

Whenever things are going their way,  some sellers love the free market and competition. It's brought up whenever a customer or Amazon reviewer is ticked off at scalping. But when someone, one of the many sellers whose independent actions make up the free market, acts independently, the same people dislike the free market. If you care one way or another how one seller decides to price his product, maybe you are one of those people who should be internalizing that "if you can't afford to lose it, don't invest it" statement I've seen here recently.

WC1Brx2.gif

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, Legolassy said:

Walmart limit 1 when in stock.  Only thing I've ever seen that on is fingerlings....

IMG_1179.PNG

So who says that these are plentiful? I think not.

Brits... be quick when restocked at JL as I’m putting 999x in quantity without batting an eyelid and ordering whatever I’m allowed.

Guest TabbyBoy

As with 21110 RI which has reached 3x RRP consistently in the UK, patience will be rewarded. Also...  21312 WoN, is a much better set IMHO.

Why sell at $47 now and still risk returns if you can get $75 or more with unlikely returns after a year or two?

I'm looking forward to hogging the UK aftermarket one day ;-)

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

As with 21110 RI which has reached 3x RRP consistently in the UK, patience will be rewarded. Also...  21312 WoN, is a much better set IMHO.

Why sell at $47 now and still risk returns if you can get $75 or more with unlikely returns after a year or two?

I'm looking forward to hogging the UK aftermarket one day ;-)

From a business perspective, you unload as many as you can for 20% profit minimum, then when the second wave comes, you reload with your profits. If you hang on now, when the second wave comes, what do you do?? Buy more with your own money? You can do that while I use my profits to buy more. So it's basically house money and risk is reduced.

It only had value from the 40k or so sold during the week leading up to the perfect storm weekend.  The fact they never sold out at the only place you could get at retail shows the true interest of the set.  Any other hot set would sell out in a few days at LEGO stores especially if it had flip value.  Only way it comes back up in value anytime soon is if that was the only pre Xmas run.