75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Guest TabbyBoy
59 minutes ago, LuckyDawg said:

Just received my 75192 and it showed up like this.  I ordered it from the Disneystore when it was in stock.  Emailed them about it and waiting to here back from them.

Pic1.jpg

This is the ONLY reason why I will be buying mine from John Lewis when it's discounted and not from LEGO. I can C&C from John Lewis, whereas I have to accept delivery from LEGO. I agree with Ed, it looks like water damage to me and would wipe at least £200 off the value. I hope LEGO CS compensate you well as it's their fault for using the cheapest, most incompetent courier.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

This is the ONLY reason why I will be buying mine from John Lewis when it's discounted and not from LEGO. I can C&C from John Lewis, whereas I have to accept delivery from LEGO. I agree with Ed, it looks like water damage to me and would wipe at least £200 off the value. I hope LEGO CS compensate you well as it's their fault for using the cheapest, most incompetent courier.

Um it was Disney Store?

For what it's worth the Lego SAH delivered ones have that carton and another box outside it to protect that carton.

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Um it was Disney Store?

For what it's worth the Lego SAH delivered ones have that carton and another box outside it to protect that carton.

Sorry, I failed to notice ;-)

I didn't realise that Disney Store sold LEGO.

Hi. I am new to this forum but having been 'sucked' into the world of Lego via my husband and two boys (aged 6 and 8 ) I thought it was time I obtained some advice on Lego sets!!

My husband and I have started investing some money into Lego sets for when the boys are older (probably mid 20's)and we are looking at buying the 75192. We have seen it on sale in John Lewis here in the UK for £650.00 but I am wondering if we should wait to see if the price drops? Does the price matter that much if we are going to hang on to the set for the next 15 years or so? This will be the only major Lego purchase we make!!

I appreciate that no one has a crystal ball but does the 75192 have the potential of being a good investment for the children? It is their money that we are spending as it was doing nothing in Premium Bonds!

Many thanks for any advice.

1 hour ago, shimmsie said:

Hi. I am new to this forum but having been 'sucked' into the world of Lego via my husband and two boys (aged 6 and 8 ) I thought it was time I obtained some advice on Lego sets!!

My husband and I have started investing some money into Lego sets for when the boys are older (probably mid 20's)and we are looking at buying the 75192. We have seen it on sale in John Lewis here in the UK for £650.00 but I am wondering if we should wait to see if the price drops? Does the price matter that much if we are going to hang on to the set for the next 15 years or so? This will be the only major Lego purchase we make!!

I appreciate that no one has a crystal ball but does the 75192 have the potential of being a good investment for the children? It is their money that we are spending as it was doing nothing in Premium Bonds!

As a wanna be "investor" but otherwise as a quick flipper.  I wouldn't buy Lego Sets with your kids money as an investment.  There are a lot better ways to take $800 so odd dollars and invest for your kids.  The Lego investment market has changed extensively as everyone and their mom and pop is getting into it and hoarding.  

Edited by Klownicle

1 hour ago, shimmsie said:

Where to start...

Buy in price is always important.  It's simple mathematics.  The less you spend, the less the investment has to go up to be a worthwhile one.  If you asked me a few years ago, I would have said sure, buy it and sit on it.  Things have changed.  LEGO likes to reissue these big sets now.  The comparable 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon sold for over $5000.00 for awhile.  Not anymore.  Maybe one day, it will hit those levels again, but the chances of that are not really good.  What happens in 10 years to the 75192 if the 12345 UCS Millennium Falcon is released with 10,000 pieces?  Who knows?

The one thing I will say though is nobody knows what will happen in 10-15 years.  LEGO and Disney might no longer have a licensing agreement for STAR WARS.  Maybe STAR WARS movies will stopped being produced.  If those things happen, maybe STAR WARS sets will start to appreciate as they once did.  I am no financial guru, but putting this much money into one set could be very dangerous.  I would diversify into smaller sets, more unique sets from various themes like Architecture, Ideas, Technic, etc...

Remember, there will be thousands of people with a stash of the 75192s, hoping to relive the glory days of the 10179.  I hope the 75192 does well, but I am sitting right on top of the proverbial fence as to which way it will end up....

Many thanks Ed for the response. You have answered a nagging doubt about investing such a large amount of money in one set. We have concentrated so far on the smaller sets (Chima, Ninjago, City, Pirates of the Caribbean) so we are definitely not averse to diversifying. We shall re-think our 'investment' (unless we come across it for substantially less than the current RRP). Thanks again.

On 2/10/2018 at 7:20 AM, LuckyDawg said:

Just received my 75192 and it showed up like this.  I ordered it from the Disneystore when it was in stock.  Emailed them about it and waiting to here back from them.

Pic1.jpg

I'd say you can have my box, but I'm in the US... If it really bothers you and you want to pay shipping, PM me. 

2 hours ago, winder00side said:

I'd say you can have my box, but I'm in the US... If it really bothers you and you want to pay shipping, PM me. 

Thank you for the offer.  I just talked to Disney and they are having me send it back to them and are putting another one on backorder for me since they are currently sold out.  I was told I was number 347 on the backorder list right now.  She said they had 1000 sets to start with and they all went the very first day but are expected a lot more in real soon.  Hopefully I do not have to wait to long for it but for the money I spent I want a good product.