75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

I don't know what LEGO is doing with the special black card.  I was banned from Shop at Home over a year ago and I'm not entirely sure why, but I won't go into those details here.  Regardless I still get e-mails about promotions and catalogs in the mail asking me to buy stuff I can't.  My VIP account and points still work in store only.  I never ordered the UCS Falcon and I've only purchased sets from my local LEGO store about 3 times in the past year.  Having said that I received the black card in the mail this week and I have no idea why.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I don't know what LEGO is doing with the special black card.  I was banned from Shop at Home over a year ago and I'm not entirely sure why, but I won't go into those details here.  Regardless I still get e-mails about promotions and catalogs in the mail asking me to buy stuff I can't.  My VIP account and points still work in store only.  I never ordered the UCS Falcon and I've only purchased sets from my local LEGO store about 3 times in the past year.  Having said that I received the black card in the mail this week and I have no idea why.

I wonder if this is why the delay occurred.  Users that never bought one got cards instead.  I received mine but way after they said it would come.

2 hours ago, zskid00 said:

You got banned so hard you spun around the other way and ended up a black level VIP

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In Poland one of the biggest (not the cheapest) toy retailer is selling 10% below the RPP. They are often distributing % rebate codes so you can drive the price even further.
That's a surprise.
Which means in 2018 you will be defo able to snag one way below RPP during local or broad discount events linked with certain retail chain stores.

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

Yes, I think we now need to look at who can get the lowest buy-in without using magic or points.

That's a toss up between:

Phil for $299 @ Kmart using accumulated Wild Win Wednesday FREECASH points 

vs.

Exciter for $299 @ a remote Circuit City four years after the set retires in 2025.

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, Val-E said:

Ok, I´ll put in a claim for 560 euros as lowest price so far.

That's about my limit as I'm not paying more than £499.99 for mine, hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.