75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

4 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Yeah, breathe.

Early adopters, you bought a Lego set, not exactly cutting edge technology. 

Getting peanuts, what did you expect, you paid for and received the biggest ever Lego set. Did you think the oh so exclusive black card would give you chrome Vaders? Or something like that?

The black card worked wonders for me. I was in line at the local coffee shop and I reached in my wallet and picked up my LEGO card by mistake. A few young ladies saw me whip out a black card and instantly their interest me tripled. I could feel their gazes and hear them licking their lips at the thought. Then my thumb moved and they spotted the Millennium Falcon, and not the Mastercard logo. Not only did their interest drop, but it fell in half compared to the original interest level. My wife had quite the laugh.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

The black card worked wonders for me. I was in line at the local coffee shop and I reached in my wallet and picked up my LEGO card by mistake. A few young ladies saw me whip out a black card and instantly their interest me tripled. I could feel their gazes and hear them licking their lips at the thought. Then my thumb moved and they spotted the Millennium Falcon, and not the Mastercard logo. Not only did their interest drop, but it fell in half compared to the original interest level. My wife had quite the laugh.

So you have a tenfold better chance of being mugged? That´s a fairly good USP.

Probably the best deal from the card was for those who flipped the promise of something amazing when they sold the first release sets.

1 hour ago, calmdahn said:

Zero effs given. 

Sorry, couldn't help myself with your screen name. It was too much to resist.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

The calm speaks the truth.. As long as people are content with and justify mediocracy that's all they will continue to get. 

Fair enough. If the message is delivered in a positive way and not whining and entitled, they might listen.

In reality, if the sales numbers don't move they'll know we weren't moved. I'm guessing those kind of analytics speak much louder than a few angry (or calm) phone calls.

I think LEGO offered the black card because they couldn't completely project how an $800 set would sell so they wanted to give some extra incentive. The set obviously sold well and was backorder/sold out most of the year. Based on that, what's the point in giving a great bonuses to people who were "lucky" enough to get one? All that does is pour more salt in the wounds of those who tried but couldn't get it.

Perhaps the black card promos might have been a little better if the set hadn't sold so well.

• Like 2

It's quite damning of the current state of Star Wars sets that despite this 2xVIP black card promo AND all the VIP points I accrued buying the Falcon in the first place, I still have no desire to use said VIP points to buy any of those sets.

I haven't looked at the leaked Solo movie sets yet (trying to avoid spoilers), so maybe there will be something there that takes my fancy.

Honestly though, it seems like it's been a long time since we had a group of new Star Wars sets that were so mediocre (I'm excluding the Falcon itself obviously).

17 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

It's quite damning of the current state of Star Wars sets that despite this 2xVIP black card promo AND all the VIP points I accrued buying the Falcon in the first place, I still have no desire to use said VIP points to buy any of those sets.

I haven't looked at the leaked Solo movie sets yet (trying to avoid spoilers), so maybe there will be something there that takes my fancy.

Honestly though, it seems like it's been a long time since we had a group of new Star Wars sets that were so mediocre (I'm excluding the Falcon itself obviously).

I agree.  The main issue with STAR WARS sets is that they will be discounted better than 10% from other retailers at some point.  Even if you miss buying a STAR WARS set, wait a year and another version will come out.

I w

24 minutes ago, Val-E said:

This year it´s  going to be all about the D2C sets. Neither 1hy nor 2hy nor the Solo sets are of any interest.

I want a very special Direct to Buyers LEGO Speed Champions sets with a couple of Lamborghinis or Bugatti Veyron, Dodge Viper, Koenigsegg Agera RS  .. yeah.. TLG if you read this, make this happen.. you want $$$$ .. we want super ultra cars.. :P

2 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I w

I want a very special Direct to Buyers LEGO Speed Champions sets with a couple of Lamborghinis or Bugatti Veyron, Dodge Viper, Koenigsegg Agera RS  .. yeah.. TLG if you read this, make this happen.. you want $$$$ .. we want super ultra cars.. :P

Is 40283 not good enough for you?

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

Koenigsegg Agera RS  ..  we want super ultra cars.. :P

Just finished mine, and it's breathtaking. (27inch screen just behind for straight size comparison)

I know it's an offtopic but regarding the Star Wars promo.
I talked today to CS girl late afternoon and those people have really bad time right now because people on the executive positions  made such stupid mistake with launching completely unprepared campaign (Black VIP cards) from top to the bottom.
Majority of those folks there are in their early 20ties and whole day they are facing backlash because of Black VIP card fiasco and the fact that everyone in store will be able to get the 2x VIP for SW not just only the Black Card owners.
So the story about exclusivity of owning the Black Card can rest between books on the top shelf atm.

I feel genuinely sorry for those people.

IMG_2152.jpg

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

If you're ordering one, I would almost consider calling them and telling them to under no circumstances include the free dragster racer in the same shipment,

They will likely send the freebie in a separate package as the falcon ships in the original shipping carton.