75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Available here outside SAH too. That means discounts. I was impressed by the size and weight of the box - kudos to those who carry one home without the trolley.

@TabbyBoy

I don't know how eventually reliable was the list from our German member about recent retirements so maybe next time his new upcoming list will shed some light.
Personally I'd bet approx 2 years of shelf life for this one.

Edited by Shewie

5 minutes ago, Shewie said:

@TabbyBoy

I don't know how eventually reliable was the list from our German member about recent retirements so maybe next time his new upcoming list will shed some light.
Personally I'd bet approx 2 years of shelf life for this one.

Off topic buy it was 95% accurate. These were the sets that didn´t retire:

21134    Unterschlupf im Wasserfall

75102    Poe's X-Wing Fighter™

75155    Rebel U-Wing Fighter™
75156    Krennics Imperial Shuttle

Obviously a number of sets that weren´t on the list retired but were D2C and Ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
So January is basically over and nothing's announced for any Black ViP rewards for buying the MF.
poor form. So much for "for a full year of special Star Wars-themed offers throughout 2018"
thats a bad start. Will we even get anything in February?

I thought the same thing!! 0 for 1 outta 12. Real bummer, but honesty, i can't say I am shocked.

(Mods feel free to move this conversation to (Black VIP card perk thread.)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, calmdahn said:

10% restocking fee!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Why would LEGO charge a restocking fee? I thought it was free 90 day returns. In the UK, it's illegal to enforce a restocking fee if the buyer returns a fixed-priced item in the same resaleable condition.

Quote from eBay UK:

"You are not legally permitted to charge restocking fees or any type of administration fee."

The seller won't have a leg to stand on in court. If I ever get a return via BIN, I give the buyer a 100% refund including P&P and the cost if them sending it to me, but ONLY if the item is returned in the same condition. This is why I will NEVER list a 75192 on eBay while it's still in production.

If you want to return a 75192 bought via BIN on eBay, open up a case as it should cost you NOTHING - in the UK anyway.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Why would LEGO charge a restocking fee? I thought it was free 90 day returns. In the UK, it's illegal to enforce a restocking fee if the buyer returns a fixed-priced item in the same resaleable condition.
Quote from eBay UK:
"You are not legally permitted to charge restocking fees or any type of administration fee."
The seller won't have a leg to stand on in court. If I ever get a return via BIN, I give the buyer a 100% refund including P&P and the cost if them sending it to me, but ONLY if the item is returned in the same condition. This is why I will NEVER list a 75192 on eBay while it's still in production.
If you want to return a 75192 bought via BIN on eBay, open up a case as it should cost you NOTHING - in the UK anyway.

The 10% restocking fee is mentioned twice on my receipt, once hand stamped at the top and the other printed at the bottom. cfdab455afa8a88d0f54b9cd0973e40f.jpgcfdab455afa8a88d0f54b9cd0973e40f.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

The 10% restocking fee is mentioned twice on my receipt, once hand stamped at the top and the other printed at the bottom. cfdab455afa8a88d0f54b9cd0973e40f.jpgcfdab455afa8a88d0f54b9cd0973e40f.jpg

Fair enough, another difference between the UK and US ;-) No wonder you seem to have more SNADs than us.

2 minutes ago, joch29 said:

surprised they did not jack up the price at the NYC store....

You mustn’t be from New York. All three NYC LEGO stores (Flatiron, Queens Center Mall, and Rockefeller Center) are priced the same as SAH always. now, if you go to a privately owned retailer in manhattan you’re going to see markups bordering on criminal, or insane, or criminally insane. 

21 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

You mustn’t be from New York. All three NYC LEGO stores (Flatiron, Queens Center Mall, and Rockefeller Center) are priced the same as SAH always. now, if you go to a privately owned retailer in manhattan you’re going to see markups bordering on criminal, or insane, or criminally insane. 

For at least several years before 2016, the Rockefeller Center Lego store priced its sets at 10% above the corresponding SAH prices.  I know this because I have been shopping at the Rockefeller Center store since 2012.

3 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

For at least several years before 2016, the Rockefeller Center Lego store priced its sets at 10% above the corresponding SAH prices.  I know this because I have been shopping at the Rockefeller Center store since 2012.

I validate this as I have been shopping the NYC stores for years and noticed that there used to be a "Manhattan" tax on almost everything. I only used to just buy from the pick-a-brick wall which surprisingly didn't have a markup.

They got rid of the markup as of the past year or so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

Interesting! Thanks for the info. 

I got 1, a friend got 5!!

5!?! At RRP this seems crazy! These are now selling below £800 on eBay so leaves hardly any meat on the bone! This indicates that they will now be available in a lot of major stockists here on inwards which in my opionion would suggest the flipping window has officially closed!