75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Been trying to find a way to display my falcon when I came across Effermans stand on rebrickable.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#info

Took some manoeuvring to get it on the stand and some rebuilding afterwards but it's great and very sturdy. (if you buy this before you build your falcon you can fit it after bag 4 and probably make mounting it and the actual build easier)

Fits in one of the alcoves in my room almost perfectly. 

20180109_101116.jpg

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Been trying to find a way to display my falcon when I came across Effermans stand on rebrickable.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#info

Took some manoeuvring to get it on the stand and some rebuilding afterwards but it's great and very sturdy. (if you buy this before you build your falcon you can fit it after bag 4 and probably make mounting it and the actual build easier)

20180109_101116.jpg

Looks fantastic !! Coincidentally I finally managed to order myself one at SAH last night and went to bed thinking "where and how the hell am I going to display this thing once its built" !?! My thoughts were to find someone that has built a stand such as the one you have displayed here, so thank you for that !! ;o) 

Edited by Manse1001

35 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Looks fantastic !! Coincidentally I finally managed to order myself one at SAH last night and went to bed thinking "where and how the hell am I going to display this thing once its built" !?! My thoughts were to find someone that has built a stand such as the one you have displayed here, so thank you for that !! ;o) 

I switched as many parts as i could to black (think there's 3 parts only available in lbg) . Worked out around £40 using only UK bricklink stores so delivery was cheap and fast.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, JinkyVII said:

Anyone order one of these now that they are back available on Lego site?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I did notice, added one to my basket and then removed it as I think they'll be everywhere soon and discounted. I can wait for 2x VIP and a decent promo set. I'm also nervous of delivery in case there's a 1mm ding in the box. If I miss the boat, I don't really care as I don't like it as much as 10179. I'll only use this set for selling, NEVER to build - the arse is dreadful!

I know... people will tell me to buy and flip, but what about having it returned (perhaps opened?) if it's widely available and on offer within 14 days? I'm not willing to take that risk.

Anyone order one of these now that they are back available on Lego site?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

If you want one I'd suggest ordering asap. This happened the other night, stock showed up for about an hour and then went oos again. I presumme Lego are drip feeding stock out as and when it becomes available. Mine has been shipped today from last week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Just got home and it's been delivered! I'll give lego their due regards the packaging on this one, shipped in the original lego carton, which in turn was packaged within an outer box along side a wealth of air pockets keeping everything mint!! Secondly completely taken back by the size of the box plus the weight of it!!!! I'm glad I had it delivered as opposed to picking up in store as I'd have a hernia before making it back to the car!!! Now, do I hold for a few weeks to see if the stock vanishes again and then flip or just enjoy the build like originally intended....

2 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Just got home and it's been delivered! I'll give lego their due regards the packaging on this one, shipped in the original lego carton, which in turn was packaged within an outer box along side a wealth of air pockets keeping everything mint!! Secondly completely taken back by the size of the box plus the weight of it!!!! I'm glad I had it delivered as opposed to picking up in store as I'd have a hernia before making it back to the car!!! Now, do I hold for a few weeks to see if the stock vanishes again and then flip or just enjoy the build like originally intended....

Just enjoy it. There's not enough meat on the bone for flipping really and too much risk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Now, do I hold for a few weeks to see if the stock vanishes again and then flip or just enjoy the build like originally intended....

16 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Just enjoy it. There's not enough meat on the bone for flipping really and too much risk.

Yup i'd just enjoy it. I picked one up in store to build right away, and had a back-order about to ship, but at the time local prices were only $70 or so over MSRP, and to me the risk wasn't worth that much so i cancelled it. 

On 1/9/2018 at 5:25 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

20180109_101116.jpg

Just FYI, the Falcon display at one of my local Lego stores is displayed on an angle similar to that and it is already sagging under its own weight and has already had the landing gear fall off.  The employees mention the issues and that it was never supposed to be displayed like that whenever someone asks about it. 

4 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Just FYI, the Falcon display at one of my local Lego stores is displayed on an angle similar to that and it is already sagging under its own weight and has already had the landing gear fall off.  The employees mention the issues and that it was never supposed to be displayed like that whenever someone asks about it. 

What's sagging?  The stand?  The MOC stand I imagine has more strength to it.

16 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

What's sagging?  The stand?  The MOC stand I imagine has more strength to it.

Speaking from personal experience mounting it at an angle, it needs support front-to-back and side-to-side. This is very apparent if you lift the completed set from the middle (right where the bottom side turret is).  You will see it sag, especially in the front-to-back axis.  

Here is the mount I made and how it is displayed. Rock solid. 

20171121_160735.jpg

20171120_202551.jpg

13 minutes ago, winder00side said:

Speaking from personal experience mounting it at an angle, it needs support front-to-back and side-to-side. This is very apparent if you lift the completed set from the middle (right where the bottom side turret is).  You will see it sag, especially in the front-to-back axis.  

Here is the mount I made and how it is displayed. Rock solid. 

20171121_160735.jpg

20171120_202551.jpg

Cool, but did you have to drill the falcon for attaching to your mount?

10 minutes ago, Floriano said:

Cool, but did you have to drill the falcon for attaching to your mount?

No, it is "attached"  via two L-brackets. The underside supports are mending plates of various sizes, attached to the TV plate which I did have to drill through.  Here is the Amazon link. 

VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Monitor Bracket for most 12"-24", some up to 27" LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Screen TV with VESA 100/75mm ML10B 1E9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ID7QNI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_YBwxAb47PXFA3

Finish with some nuts and bolts. 

20171121_160531.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

The landing gear has been removed on mine as the stand attaches to the Technic frame at 4 locations where the landing gear usually is.

I'll keep an eye on it and report back. 

10 hours ago, winder00side said:

No, it is "attached"  via two L-brackets. The underside supports are mending plates of various sizes, attached to the TV plate which I did have to drill through.  Here is the Amazon link. 

VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Monitor Bracket for most 12"-24", some up to 27" LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Screen TV with VESA 100/75mm ML10B 1E9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ID7QNI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_YBwxAb47PXFA3

Finish with some nuts and bolts. 

Nice mount choice! Close to the exact same one i use :D

IMG_7372.thumb.JPG.db97e513c9803870f73d489b3b06c531.JPG

Guest TabbyBoy

75192 is now UNexclusive in the UK. I was told that John Lewis were going to stock it soon and it's now listed as "Coming Soon" on their website. So it looks like QFLLing these in the UK will soon come to an end as nearly everybody likes John Lewis and it THE go-to shop for expensive items. I've heard Smyths too, but I don't see anything yet.

LOL... 75192 could be a candidate for staff discount when there's a 10% sale on ;-)

I'm working on getting access to a wholesale catalogue also for a few hours to look at. Yes, I'll spill the beans if I see it.

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, Shewie said:

It's been over since last December.

Hopefully I'll be able to have access to a wholesale catalogue later this year onwards and I'd like to judge EOL of this accurately. I will share any useful info I get, but I need to be careful and will probably use PM only. The last thing I want to do is drop somebody in the doggy doo. People will still pay a premium now, but there's a high risk of returns and scams unless it's a cash sale.