75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

13 minutes ago, clouddead said:

If I bought the MF in a lego store without saying I’m VIP member, will I get my card too? I only registered for the lego store card sharing my address

You’d have had to sign up to VIP account to buy the Falcon. VIP account is basically their store card.

13 minutes ago, AwesomeIcey said:

Just wondering if there's anything you need to do to register for the Black VIP card or if it's automatically triggered by the purchase.

My wife is with-holding my Falcon until Christmas and I just want to make sure there isn't something in there I need to do to get the process started.

Triggered once purchased with your VIP card.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 7:17 AM, Klownicle said:

Triggered once purchased with your VIP card.

I bought the MF in-store last weekend, afterwards I asked customer support when the card would arrive.  This was the response they sent me: 

"Regarding the Star Wars™ VIP card, this you will get at a later date in the mail. We send these out separately (and in batches) from Europe, and would expect yours to arrive by mid-January. I hope you enjoy your new set!"

Has anyone mounted the MF vertically on a wall without shelves, if so, how did you do this?  It's so big I think the only way I could display it is like a trophy on a wall. 

Edited by ajk388

I think it'll be gone well before double points. Respectful of the decision to take the risk (it'll be available again another time... though you may not get another chance to get the Black VIP card this year)

I think they excluded the MF from double VIP or maybe that was from the 10% discount later this month across SW (to replace the Vader battlepod no longer being available)

2 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

I think it'll be gone well before double points. Respectful of the decision to take the risk (it'll be available again another time... though you may not get another chance to get the Black VIP card this year)

I think they excluded the MF from double VIP or maybe that was from the 10% discount later this month across SW (to replace the Vader battlepod no longer being available)

You are quite right, I checked and double VIP is excluded. I hovered on the payment page for ages.. but gave in and brought one! Unless Lego have played one really dirty trick running up to Christmas, surely this goes OOS again very soon indeed.

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, Gary81 said:

You are quite right, I checked and double VIP is excluded. I hovered on the payment page for ages.. but gave in and brought one! Unless Lego have played one really dirty trick running up to Christmas, surely this goes OOS again very soon indeed.

I did hesitate for a while, but I didn't put the trigger. Competition on this will be fierce and 2x VIP and/or promo will certainly help. Assuming it'll be non-exclusive like 10179 was, I'm happy to wait for the inevitable discounts. £649.99 is still a lot for what it is. I can store it, but I may as well flip 10KG worth of sets while I'm waiting.

Strangely I'm not bothered one way or the other for this set and would want to flip if I did get it.

For me, it all boils down to whether I really want that Black VIP card or not....   and am I really fussed just for the "chance" for some "exclusive" set that may or may not come out in 2018?

Frankly, I've got better things to spend the cash on.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Strangely I'm not bothered one way or the other for this set and would want to flip if I did get it.

For me, it all boils down to whether I really want that Black VIP card or not....   and am I really fussed just for the "chance" for some "exclusive" set that may or may not come out in 2018?

Frankly, I've got better things to spend the cash on.

I can't see LEGO giving a lot away with the black VIP card, why would they? It won't matter much once 75192 is stacked high everywhere. I'm hoping that they release a fix soon for that droopy arse, a mate built one and it looks horrible from the back (no way it's worth £649.99 like that!). Then... my "Arse-Fixed" ones can then sell for more like my "Neck-Fixed" WALL-Es.

Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, Gary81 said:

Out of stock at UK SaH again already. That didn't take long!

It was gone before LEGO sent me the email. Why can't they send it out in real time? I must be a VIP (Very Impatient Person) in their eyes, but no big deal as I'm buying mine from John Lewis for £399.99 in their 2019 pre-Xmas sale ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

somebody listed it on UKHD... no wonder it sold out.

though its usually people looking for cheapo things and begging for free stuff on there, but some users of that site might have bought one.

If you want some comedy... start a post saying you have a promo code for a free Lego nutcracker. You will get 100+ begging replies, citing that their "son / draught / other would love one, please can I have one"