75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:56 PM, GregP said:

Apparently you should receive an email when you’re black VIP card has been dispatched.

Apparently!! Says the lady at Lego customer support today.

Apparently it takes 19 days to go from tim buck to, to Florida.  Don't believe the emails lies!  Not even snail mail is that slow.

Edited by gregpj
inappropriate language has been removed
  • Like 3

I understand that the benefits don't kick in until January, but I also find it pretty ridiculous, that they always seem to have to keep back tracking on promises.  It's been roughly 11 weeks since the release, and these cards were supposed to be out within 6 weeks.  They are already 5 weeks overdue for printing these cards.  No matter how you cut it, it's absolutely bullshit that Lego can't keep their promise on this stuff.  I don't know what in the world is going on, but this kind of stuff should not really be tolerated by Lego.

• Like 1

RE: VIP

Hi, I received an e-mail stating the card has shipped and would arrive by end of Nov.  Is my card lost in the mail or is there a delay? 

Response:

I have great news that your card was not lost in the mail; but since your order for it was placed after 11/02/2017, you will not receive it until 12/24/2017.

Whatever.

Edited by Klownicle
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Klownicle said:

RE: VIP

Hi, I received an e-mail stating the card has shipped and would arrive by end of Nov.  Is my card lost in the mail or is there a delay? 

Response:

I have great news that your card was not lost in the mail; but since your order for it was placed after 11/02/2017, you will not receive it until 12/24/2017.

Whatever.

FWIW, I ordered first day and still don't have my card.  I understand why people want it, but it doesn't "unlock" anything that your normal VIP wouldn't. 

4 minutes ago, winder00side said:

FWIW, I ordered first day and still don't have my card.  I understand why people want it, but it doesn't "unlock" anything that your normal VIP wouldn't. 

Umm... Assuming you imply normal VIP membership and not the "normal card"... You are signed up for a Star Wars VIP program that entitles you to unique promos/gifts/discounts.  But this "program" is linked to your VIP number which is identical on the printed Black VIP card.  So with or without the card, you will get its benefits.

In othernews, I posted this on reddit, a lot of salty folk who still can't get a Falcon.  And a lot of folk who don't hold companies to their words.

Edited by Klownicle

1 minute ago, Klownicle said:

Umm... Assuming you imply normal VIP membership and not the "normal card"... You are signed up for a Star Wars VIP program that entitles you to unique promos/gifts/discounts.  But this "program" is linked to your VIP number which is identical on the printed Black VIP card.  So with or without the card, you will get its benefits.

In othernews, I posted this on reddit, a lot of salty folk who still can't get a Falcon.  And a lot of folk who don't hold companies to their words.

Let me clarify, I'm assuming the person purchased the 75192 set from SAH or Lego Store.  What I'm saying is having the physcial card doesn't unlock anything that your VIP number wouldn't. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t think the reddit people have checked eBay or Craigslist....

11 hours ago, winder00side said:

Let me clarify, I'm assuming the person purchased the 75192 set from SAH or Lego Store.  What I'm saying is having the physcial card doesn't unlock anything that your VIP number wouldn't. 

ONLY Star Wars Promotions will Benefit This Card apparently...

so this according to Lego Excludes the normal run of the mil "VIP" card

IMG_2223.JPG

1 hour ago, ChadWick1e46 said:

ONLY Star Wars Promotions will Benefit This Card apparently...

so this according to Lego Excludes the normal run of the mil "VIP" card

Right, but what winder00side is saying is that whether or not you physically have the black card in your possession does not exclude you from those events, so long as your VIP account says you are eligible.

i.e. you walk into the store, say your info without pulling out a card, the employees check and see your account is eligible, you get the promo.