75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, GenMaster said:

well after selling my copy around valentines day to some wife wanting to surprise her husband, decided to buy back as it is in stock online lego.com and double VIP point, exclusive bb8 gift as well as the black vip gift blue print.

Any issues at all with getting it processed (limit of 1)?

1 hour ago, vroom34 said:

Any issues at all with getting it processed (limit of 1)?

it says limit of 1 and I only bought 1, no issues other than my credit card company calling to confirm my purchase, unless you are refering the fact that I bought one before. Everything went thru. in fact this is my 3rd purchase. I bought 1 online day 1 as well as a 2nd copy in stores a week later.

Edited by GenMaster

Quick question to the falcon owners here. Can someone measure the size of the sqaure the landing gear/feet needs? I'm considering the coffee table below and the bottom shelf is 22.5" x 20". I want to see if it is big enough for all the landing gear to sit on. And yes, I'm already looking at coffee tables even before buying the set. LOL  Thanks!

Glass Coffee Table.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Another favor to ask. I believe the falcon is about 8 1/4" in height. Can someone measure the height of the falcon without the radar dish? There's a coffee table that I like that only has 7" clearance between the shelf and the top. TIA!

The high point in the gun turret on top which is at 7.5 inches when I try and eyeball it at level.  I don't have a caliper system so I can't be exact.  There is a little bit of parallax in this photo but I tried to level right at the flat of the turret which is about 7.

IMG_2602.thumb.jpg.ab335d54199ebf6cbf911ab45eddcb93.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, belljohn said:

The high point in the gun turret on top which is at 7.5 inches when I try and eyeball it at level.  I don't have a caliper system so I can't be exact.  There is a little bit of parallax in this photo but I tried to level right at the flat of the turret which is about 7.

IMG_2602.thumb.jpg.ab335d54199ebf6cbf911ab45eddcb93.jpg

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. This is very helpful!

Still trying to find a wife-approved coffee table that has glass on top and a shelf on the bottom or middle that can hold the falcon. Oh and it must fit the space in the middle of our sectional couch. This is proving tough without going the custom route.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

will be available to buy from smyths from next week, unlikely to happen but might be possibke to buy in future in 20% off promos

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/new-toys/lego-new-arrivals/lego-star-wars-75192-millennium-falcon/p/168282

I think 20% and more is a given and I'd expect much larger discounts down the line. This is bound to be overproduced like everything else and excess stock will have to be disposed of one way or another. I look forward to posting my £400 75192 on "What LEGO set did you buy today?" thread ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at a bit of a loss how to work this out without asking, so I'll ask: can someone tell me the spacing in studs of the landing gears (and a landing gear footprint if possible!)?

I haven't assembled mine yet and won't be for some time, but want to work on a display option in the mean time. It's my first step in establishing just how big I will need to make the surrounding area so any help would certainly be most appreciated :)

10 hours ago, jomandybri said:

I'm at a bit of a loss how to work this out without asking, so I'll ask: can someone tell me the spacing in studs of the landing gears (and a landing gear footprint if possible!)?

I haven't assembled mine yet and won't be for some time, but want to work on a display option in the mean time. It's my first step in establishing just how big I will need to make the surrounding area so any help would certainly be most appreciated :)

Check out my question and subsequent answer from Shewie on May 4th. While the answer is not in studs, hopefully the measurements provided by Shewie will give you a rough estimate.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mhd747 said:

will be available to buy from smyths from next week, unlikely to happen but might be possibke to buy in future in 20% off promos

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/new-toys/lego-new-arrivals/lego-star-wars-75192-millennium-falcon/p/168282

already got 3 of those on Child's Day in Poland for 40% off which covered all retailers in Poland selling lego.

• 3 weeks later...