75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Guest TabbyBoy

Lot's in stock at 2x VIP, so glad I wasn't a day one buyer. 40% off shouldn't be far off now that it's flooding the market.

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´d say it´s got a safe 3 years yet, maybe 4 or 5 if it gets renewed and it might outlast the DS.

If SW movies continue to lose popularity, I can see this set going on discount.

If yet another SW movies bombs, people could be stuck with a lot of grey bricks. TLJ was so bad that I'm not bothering to see Solo or any other SW movie. EP4/5/6 was all fans needed, not the latest dross.

If yet another SW movies bombs, people could be stuck with a lot of grey bricks. TLJ was so bad that I'm not bothering to see Solo or any other SW movie. EP4/5/6 was all fans needed, not the latest dross.
Seems like a stretch to say that a movies that have made at least $350 million worldwide are bombs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, redcell said:

Seems like a stretch to say that a movies that have made at least $350 million worldwide are bombs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

When a movie (Solo) makes $200 mil world wide, but cost $400 mil to produce and distribute, that's a problem.  TLJ made as much money as it did based upon TFA setting it up.  TLJ didn't set anything up except failure and disappointment; hence Solo bombing despite it being a decent, not blockbuster, but decent movie.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

When a movie (Solo) makes $200 mil world wide, but cost $400 mil to produce and distribute, that's a problem.  TLJ made as much money as it did based upon TFA setting it up.  TLJ didn't set anything up except failure and disappointment; hence Solo bombing despite it being a decent, not blockbuster, but decent movie.

Counter opinion for equal representation. 

TLJ was inspiring and original and I plan on spending late fall 2019 in Disney World at the new star wars galaxy edge with my son and wife. 

i look forward to spending tens of thousands of dollars on star wars before i die and most star wars fans i know feel the same. 

I used to try to change people's minds about the last jedi,  but instead,  i respect your opinion to feel exactly the opposite as me,  just putting this out there so not every message about star wars is doom and gloom. To each their own. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
Counter opinion for equal representation. 
TLJ was inspiring and original and I plan on spending late fall 2019 in Disney World at the new star wars galaxy edge with my son and wife. 
i look forward to spending tens of thousands of dollars on star wars before i die and most star wars fans i know feel the same. 
I used to try to change people's minds about the last jedi,  but instead,  i respect your opinion to feel exactly the opposite as me,  just putting this out there so not every message about star wars is doom and gloom. To each their own. 

For what it is worth (not really much) but I am totally with you mudcatsfan. I saw New Hope in the theater as a kid and all others since then and TLJ was AMAZING!! I def would have made a couple other choices for the story but that is the case for all the movies. I can't wait to see what Rian has in store for future canon.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 7/31/2018 at 9:51 AM, LegoAddict42 said:

For what it is worth (not really much) but I am totally with you mudcatsfan. I saw New Hope in the theater as a kid and all others since then and TLJ was AMAZING!! I def would have made a couple other choices for the story but that is the case for all the movies. I can't wait to see what Rian has in store for future canon.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Everyone is entitled to an opinion as “mustcatsfan” stated earlier on this thread, and much like “LegoAddict42”, I Too saw Saw” Star Wars” as a kid but not in the 90’s re-released “special edition”, but in the hot summer of 77 at a mall that isn’t even there anymore bulldozed to make way for a Walmart, so here’s My “Opinion”..

The Last Jedi isn’t Cannon at all it went on a tangent from JJ’s episode 7(if you enjoyed ep7) threw to OT Lore in the trash, for instance, from my my point of view, Luke Skywalker would Never ever never Never ever NEVER do the things “Ryan round head Johnson” had him do scripted in that film of his, Not to mention a long heart wrenching list of things to add of which I’ll keep to myself to keep this short. 

Let’s talk 75192

Has the last Jedi Influenced it’s potential sales? Short run Yes, long run no, But because of the poor care of this franchise the 75192 will never come close to the 10179 holy grail numbers of over $10,000. 

I wouldn’t expect much from Ryan Johnson, kathy Kenny is expected to step down all all bets are off of any promises made to that round headed guy touching Disney’s over 4 billion dollar asset that so far has single handedly tanked most or all Star Wars product, put toys r us into a permanent vacation and dominoed All toy and Lego collecting into a panic. Not too mention the 80 million dollar loss of the Han SOLO movie which is a direct consequence of TLJ.

so  when TLG released all these Lego Han Solo sets at those rediculous Disney license Inflated prices I was literally Laughing MY Bricks off 

Thankfully despite what Disney wants Turner Classic Movies still Owns the rights to stream The Original trilogy and won’t give em up-lol

Overall I still think the 75192 is a great Investment to True Fans of the OT, but the new stuff... nawww cause something is only considered “Cannon” if the fans can swallow it and the Last Jedi is retail Poison.

Cheers and I agree to disagree 

98D02F0B-E8F0-4B16-BCA6-933FFD3E90B7.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tacsniper said:

thanks!

I've been looking for a table as well.  I haven't built mine yet because I lack space.  Here are a couple I found.  I'm not crazy about the design (gold rods,) but it's functionality is actually kind of cool.  It has a mirror bottom shelf and based upon the dimensions given above I think the MF will fit.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/willa-arlo-interiors-janelle-coffee-table-wrlo1949.html

A more traditional look: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/charlton-home-serena-coffee-table-with-storage-chrh7448.html

Anyway, this is what I'm finding.

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

I've been looking for a table as well.  I haven't built mine yet because I lack space.  Here are a couple I found.  I'm not crazy about the design (gold rods,) but it's functionality is actually kind of cool.  It has a mirror bottom shelf and based upon the dimensions given above I think the MF will fit.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/willa-arlo-interiors-janelle-coffee-table-wrlo1949.html

A more traditional look: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/charlton-home-serena-coffee-table-with-storage-chrh7448.html

Anyway, this is what I'm finding.

I bought my Lego Falcon Coffee Table recently from Wayfair. This is the one I got. It fit in the sectional couch space, fits the falcon, has a mirror bottom, has a clear glasstop so I can see it from above, and most importantly, the wife approves. Now to build the Falcon!

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/willa-arlo-interiors-george-coffee-table-wrlo7791.html

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I bought my Lego Falcon Coffee Table recently from Wayfair. This is the one I got. It fit in the sectional couch space, fits the falcon, has a mirror bottom, has a clear glasstop so I can see it from above, and most importantly, the wife approves. Now to build the Falcon!

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/willa-arlo-interiors-george-coffee-table-wrlo7791.html

Thanks for that link.  There are lots of options on that site, if you can find them.  I found this one down the list from the one you cite: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/willa-arlo-interiors-perkins-coffee-table-wrlo5614.html.

No mirror on the bottom, but my wife likes it and that is the important part.

• Like 1

I

4 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Thanks for that link.  There are lots of options on that site, if you can find them.  I found this one down the list from the one you cite: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/willa-arlo-interiors-perkins-coffee-table-wrlo5614.html.

Lando’s coffee table?

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

The wife's stamp of approval is very important when getting her to agree to display a huge set properly like the Falcon. *thumbs up*

• Like 1