Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

Was it you who said they had a bad feeling about TLJ a few months back? Can I have your lottery numbers?

Wasn’t me. I did waffle back and forth about whether I’d be throwing chairs during the screening. But I really like TLJ.

However, I’ve been saying that Solo is NOT the Star Wars film fans have wanted since day one.

Since that story just came out the other day, I thought it appropriate.

9 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Wasn’t me. I did waffle back and forth about whether I’d be throwing chairs during the screening. But I really like TLJ.

However, I’ve been saying that Solo is NOT the Star Wars film fans have wanted since day one.

Since that story just came out the other day, I thought it appropriate.

I think that at this point SW fans probably don´t want ANY more new movies for a while.

Edited by Val-E

46 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

If Disney wants to watch the Star Wars brand go up in smoke, then having a bad Solo film follow a divisive Last Jedi will set the ball rolling.  I disliked the Last Jedi and have pretty much written off episode 9 and anything Rian Johnson touches, so where is it heading?  It’s not looking good.  Rogue One might be the only real bright spot.

• Like 3

i would have been fine with just the OT , the PT was a H.A.M and this sequel trilogy/ story movies things are just a money grab with so some bright spot that are few and far in between. Same crap Universal is pulling with Harry Potter  which is now the wizarding world with the substandard Fantastic beast crap and the s**t plot associated with it 

I did quite a few shopping runs over december and one thing I noticed in just about every target, walmart, TRU etc was that certain sets in the Star Wars theme sat on the shelves.  I went into two targets and a Walmart on the 24th to do some last minute shopping, and the lego aisle was ransacked, but the First Order Scout Walker, and Rathtar Escape set is going to take forever to clear out, I think.  Both those sets just sat in all these stores with many multiples in each.  BB8, the FO Heavy Assault Walker, and Kylo's Tie Silencer seemed to have the most demand.  One promising sign was that a lot of the retiring Rogue One sets were gone.  Regardless, this next year is going to be an interesting one for the Star Wars theme.  I think we've hit the critical saturation point, the movies are now creating a strong divide that is going to perhaps hurt box office take especially with the next few films.  I'm definitely not going to declare the Star Wars theme toxic or anything like that, but i'm starting to believe the new ST stuff might be. 

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I did quite a few shopping runs over december and one thing I noticed in just about every target, walmart, TRU etc was that certain sets in the Star Wars theme sat on the shelves.  I went into two targets and a Walmart on the 24th to do some last minute shopping, and the lego aisle was ransacked, but the First Order Scout Walker, and Rathtar Escape set is going to take forever to clear out, I think.  Both those sets just sat in all these stores with many multiples in each.  BB8, the FO Heavy Assault Walker, and Kylo's Tie Silencer seemed to have the most demand.  One promising sign was that a lot of the retiring Rogue One sets were gone.  Regardless, this next year is going to be an interesting one for the Star Wars theme.  I think we've hit the critical saturation point, the movies are now creating a strong divide that is going to perhaps hurt box office take especially with the next few films.  I'm definitely not going to declare the Star Wars theme toxic or anything like that, but i'm starting to believe the new ST stuff might be. 

Good or bad, it just seems like Star Wars products and related things are overproduced.  How much stuff(not just LEGO) from TFA & RO are we still finding out there and sometimes at BIG discounts.

First Order Scout Walker is just a bomb of a set now that we've seen the movie and Rathtar Escape was poorly executed which has happened to too many LEGO sets recently.  Not sure how to divvy up the blame on that.  I saw a bunch of Quad Jumpers at my Wal-Mart and that's a very good set that seems to be moving slow.  I want to blame overproduction because seems like the pre-Disney movie sets are not as heavily produced and seem to move a little better overall.  Plus they seem to have shorter shelf lives.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LotsoTrainz said:

Good or bad, it just seems like Star Wars products and related things are overproduced.  How much stuff(not just LEGO) from TFA & RO are we still finding out there and sometimes at BIG discounts.

First Order Scout Walker is just a bomb of a set now that we've seen the movie and Rathtar Escape was poorly executed which has happened to too many LEGO sets recently.  Not sure how to divvy up the blame on that.  I saw a bunch of Quad Jumpers at my Wal-Mart and that's a very good set that seems to be moving slow.  I want to blame overproduction because seems like the pre-Disney movie sets are not as heavily produced and seem to move a little better overall.  Plus they seem to have shorter shelf lives.

I think quad jumper is one of those sets that may have been executed well, but no one cares because It had half a second of screen time. Chuck it in the bin with the FO Snow Speeder, FO Heavy Walker and the forthcoming FO AT-ST.

As far as the shelf lives, the vast majority of Pre Disney were 18-24 months. I think we're seeing more 12 month lifecycles with the current regime. We haven't even reached a year fr the Rathtar Escape, Quadjumper, Y-Wing, Yoda's Fighter, etc.

10 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I noticed that most of the cheap sets disappeared everywhere. I say most, but the Constraction figures were conspicuously present everywhere. It reminded me of the K-Mart that closed near me recently. when 50% had been going for its second week, all the lame stuff was gone except the piles and piles of constraction figures. Anyway, I saw all the big sets that I expected to see gone like the FOSD, BB-8, and the FOHAW. Not a battle pack to be found, the Resistance Transport Pod was non existent, and thankfully all the Rogue One and TFA $20=$25 playsets were gone. It made me wonder if people's budgets were just smaller this year.

12 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Has there been any packaging change for the solo film?

I almost would have expected to see something by now.  Somehow I doubt we will see one.

12 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I've had a bad feeling about this movie for a long time. I mean seriously, in a way that no prior Star Wars film experience has. I may gripe about parts of the films and pick a fight about the relative merits of the movies when people talk about Rogue One being the best, but at their core I don't really dislike any of the movies. (AOTC makes it hard to find something nice to say about it.) This movie, I was concerned before it even got off the ground and the fact that less than half a year out, we still haven't seen anything hasn't made me feel any better about it. For TFA, I took my kids, for Rogue One, I took my kids, my parents, my brother and my nephew, for TLJ I also added my aunt and uncle. For Solo, I'm not even sure if I will make any effort to see it opening weekend.

This makes me nervous for an upcoming Kenobi film. Not so much about the content but the fact that if Solo tanks, they may can Kenobi.

I noticed that most of the cheap sets disappeared everywhere. I say most, but the Constraction figures were conspicuously present everywhere. It reminded me of the K-Mart that closed near me recently. when 50% had been going for its second week, all the lame stuff was gone except the piles and piles of constraction figures. Anyway, I saw all the big sets that I expected to see gone like the FOSD, BB-8, and the FOHAW. Not a battle pack to be found, the Resistance Transport Pod was non existent, and thankfully all the Rogue One and TFA $20=$25 playsets were gone. It made me wonder if people's budgets were just smaller this year.

The £20.00 Star Wars Lego kit.

The ideal Christmas gift for people who have no idea what to buy someone, but know they like Lego & Star Wars. That’s why all the cheap sets have sold out.

12 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I almost would have expected to see something by now.  Somehow I doubt we will see one.

I've had a bad feeling about this movie for a long time. I mean seriously, in a way that no prior Star Wars film experience has. I may gripe about parts of the films and pick a fight about the relative merits of the movies when people talk about Rogue One being the best, but at their core I don't really dislike any of the movies. (AOTC makes it hard to find something nice to say about it.) This movie, I was concerned before it even got off the ground and the fact that less than half a year out, we still haven't seen anything hasn't made me feel any better about it. For TFA, I took my kids, for Rogue One, I took my kids, my parents, my brother and my nephew, for TLJ I also added my aunt and uncle. For Solo, I'm not even sure if I will make any effort to see it opening weekend.

This makes me nervous for an upcoming Kenobi film. Not so much about the content but the fact that if Solo tanks, they may can Kenobi.

I felt the same way when Pixar had Cars, the original from 2006, being previewed.  Turned out better than I thought it'd be, but still was disappointing by Pixar standards, especially in 2006.

Edited by LotsoTrainz
grammar

13 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Saw the Jawa batlepack yesterday in store. Will pick up at least one for my Tatooine collection.

Really surprised by the plan to release another Sandcrawler so soon. I was expecting a Jabba's Sail Barge first, especially with a Desert Skiff just released last year.

I bought 2, one for me, one for my imaginary friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 26/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, giannini78 said:

The £20.00 Star Wars Lego kit.

The ideal Christmas gift for people who have no idea what to buy someone, but know they like Lego & Star Wars. That’s why all the cheap sets have sold out.

This logic helped me clear out all my Ezras Speeder Bikes and Flash Speeders lol

Seen all 2018 sets in wild now.

Picked up all the Microfighters but not bothered about much else was shocked by the £26 price tag I saw on Boba Constraction figure. I'll get it when it's a tenner.

Edited by Fenix_2k1

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

Saw the Jawa batlepack yesterday in store. Will pick up at least one for my Tatooine collection.

Really surprised by the plan to release another Sandcrawler so soon. I was expecting a Jabba's Sail Barge first, especially with a Desert Skiff just released last year.

I can wait until it drops a little. Should be $11.97 at WM by summer.

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

75209 Han Solo Landspeeder

75210 Landspeeder

75173 Luke's Landspeeder is such a hot seller that it is important that 2 more be on the market. How could it possibly fail?

I'm excited for them release "Mos Eisley Cantina Parking Garage" - Overflow parking for all your landspeeders!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2