Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I still don´t get why they release the film in May up against JW and so soon after TLJ.  

The first 6 Star Wars films were all released in May.  Only with the return of Star Wars they mored their releases to December.  I think they wanted to test the waters and see how a May release would perform.  I think they were going to push out 2 movies a year if things were going well.  With The Last Jedi getting mixed reviews, I think they will stick with one movie a year for awhile.

Disney is also releasing Mary Poppins in December 2018, so I don't think they want to compete.  JW is a month after Han Solo, so there will be little competition there.  It's biggest competition will be Infinity War.  

Edited by gobuffs98

1 hour ago, nolanfan34 said:

Very curious on what's up with that Falcon and the weird looking front, from a storytelling perspective. This version is good news for 7965 as well IMO. If you want an OT version you have to go back to that one...

It was originally a freighter and in this guise it's actually carrying a freight pod between the mandibles.

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Thanks 2

Prices leaked:

75207 Imperial Patrol Battle Pack 14.99€
75209 Han Solo Landspeeder 29.99 €
75210 Landspeeder 49.99 €
75211 Imperial TIE Fighter 69.99 €
75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon 169.99 €
75535 Buildable Han Solo 24.99$
75536 Buildable ? 24.99$
41608 BrickHeadz Han Solo 9.99 €
41609 BrickHeadz Chewbacca 9.99 €

So ... If the new MF costs a whopping €170 in Germany, it will be most likely €180 - €185 in many other EU countries (NL/BE/Spain). Which is even better news for those of us holding 75105, acquired at good discount. ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

I can´t see Mary Poppins having the same target audience!

I agree that 2 movies a year is way too much Star Wars. Especially if it is not good Star Wars.

We didn't have Netflix and the amount of content back then.  We'd watch Mary Poppins, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, The Sound of Music, Battlestar Galactica, and Star Wars on any given night.  Oh, and Wide World of Sports.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

I still don´t get why they release the film in May up against JW and so soon after TLJ.  

They've been trying to switch to a may schedule since Rogue 1 if i remember correctly, they just keep getting release delays. From a selling toys point of view, May makes more sense than mid December.

Increased toy sales during a quiet period and through summer holidays.  Then kick the DVD out at Christmas to reignite interest and sell second wave toys. Plus people have less going on in their calendars in May.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kouks said:

Based on the box art I think I see the demand for 75095 will drop off even more with the new TIE Fighter.  Will have to see the new one built to make a final judgement.

75101 and 9492 are in trouble, 75095 less so as it is way bigger and for an adult audience who want to pair it with the 10240 X Wing.

I don´t see there being a huge problem.

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

75101 and 9492 are in trouble, 75095 less so as it is way bigger and for an adult audience who want to pair it with the 10240 X Wing.

I don´t see there being a huge problem.

True, that's a good point.  Hadn't thought about in that context.

5 minutes ago, kouks said:

True, that's a good point.  Hadn't thought about in that context.

You´ll see a Jang video or someone else who puts them side-by-side and there is a big difference.

We are getting an OT X Wing playset in the summer too so those will pair well together.