Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

1 minute ago, tawsauce said:

This has got to be one of the most pathetic smaller Star Wars set I have ever seen.

If it was $30 retail (so around $24 when on sale) it wouldn't be bad for the minifigs/scene you get.  It's at the very bottom of my list now though, based on the strength of some of the other 2018 sets for The Last Jedi.

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Why? Strong minifigure selection and it's a pretty good representation of the scene.

Because it's half a vehicle.  If they had made it with a breakaway top to re-create the scene, then fine, but this thing is dumb.  Like you said, it has good figures.  Star Wars has gone the way of Superheroes and put decent figure selection with a POS set.  I'll Bricklink the 2 figures I want and leave the set for the clearance bin which is exactly where this set is headed.

Edited by Huskers1236
  • Like 3

Because it's half a vehicle.  If they had made it with a breakaway top to re-create the scene, then fine, but this thing is dumb.  Like you said, it has good figures.  Star Wars has gone the way of Superheroes and put decent figure selection with a POS set.  I'll Bricklink the 2 figures I want and leave the set for the clearance bin which is exactly where this set is headed.

Agreed. A good representation of the scene would actually be an AT-ST with a detachable head.

3 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

If it was $30 retail (so around $24 when on sale) it wouldn't be bad for the minifigs/scene you get.  It's at the very bottom of my list now though, based on the strength of some of the other 2018 sets for The Last Jedi.

If it's 30 retail I'd agree, but they put that platform in there to get the piece count up enough to probably be 39.99.

I think we all would have preferred those parts went to the upper portion of the AT-ST to give you the option of displaying it either way.

That being said, the Rogue One 39.99 AT-ST with 3 figs, often was on sale for 31.99 so that’s what I expect this to be.

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Because it's half a vehicle.  If they had made it with a breakaway top to re-create the scene, then fine, but this thing is dumb. 

If they had done that, I think I would have first day bought it.

6 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

If it's 30 retail I'd agree, but they put that platform in there to get the piece count up enough to probably be 39.99.

I think we all would have preferred those parts went to the upper portion of the AT-ST to give you the option of displaying it either way.

That being said, the Rogue One 39.99 AT-ST with 3 figs, often was on sale for 31.99 so that’s what I expect this to be.

If they had done that, I think I would have first day bought it.

Yep, and it would have cost the same had they dumped the crane looking thing.  Have the top mount like a modular building floor with a handful of studs holding it and it would come off really easy like a tearaway jersey.

2 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Yep, and it would have cost the same had they dumped the crane looking thing.  Have the top mount like a modular building floor with a handful of studs holding it and it would come off really easy like a tearaway jersey.

And frankly, i'll probably build that with my son, but it won't look as good as if I had the 'right' parts for it.

Overall, i'm not digging the AT-ST..  The defense on crait set is somewhat nice, but this is one that will be clearanced at 50% at Walmart, so i'm holding off for that.  I'm going to wait on the Bomber too until it hits clearance because I think that set will be destined to the 50.00 bin by June/July.  The two TLJ waves aren't terrible, but they also are not that mindblowing either.  There's nothing in these waves that will be considered "iconic".  The closest you probably get is the Luke Ach-to set.  I'm not sure what they can do to finish out this movie.  The best I can think of is a blue A-wing, and the Snoke Throne room scene in the fashion of the Final Duel or Palpatines Arrest.  Maybe the police ship on Canto Blight...  I'm not sure a Surpemecy UCS set would sell very well or have high demand, and the canon at the end of the film is just one big boring looking box with a hole in it.

15 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Overall, i'm not digging the AT-ST..  The defense on crait set is somewhat nice, but this is one that will be clearanced at 50% at Walmart, so i'm holding off for that.  I'm going to wait on the Bomber too until it hits clearance because I think that set will be destined to the 50.00 bin by June/July.  The two TLJ waves aren't terrible, but they also are not that mindblowing either.  There's nothing in these waves that will be considered "iconic".  The closest you probably get is the Luke Ach-to set.  I'm not sure what they can do to finish out this movie.  The best I can think of is a blue A-wing, and the Snoke Throne room scene in the fashion of the Final Duel or Palpatines Arrest.  Maybe the police ship on Canto Blight...  I'm not sure a Surpemecy UCS set would sell very well or have high demand, and the canon at the end of the film is just one big boring looking box with a hole in it.

I would love either a UCS Dreadnaught or Supremacy.  I think you're spot on with a Snoke throne room in the vein of Final Duel.  I think you can bet on another A Wing, maybe Poe's X Wing with the Nitrous Oxide booster he had, Canto Bight something to get the codebreaker figure, and hopefully something with Luke in Black.

LEGO inflated the basic price for small SW sets with 2 minifigures from 19.99GBP basic price which was present on the market for quite a while to 25.99GBP starting from 2018.
So that's the brilliant new blockbuster idea that the New CEO come up with? Inflate the price by 25% add 10 extra 1x1 pieces and we are good to go...?
I wanted to buy some TLJ sets for myself but after this disastrous failure from Rian "some guy" Johnson I will keep the money in my pocket.

• Like 1

It's almost like Lego was doing a production run with the AT-ST Rogue One set for Toys R' Us, then TRU announced their potential bankruptcy before Lego produced the plate pieces for the head, and the execs were like "Stop this production, call marketing and make them put these parts in a new set" ... and the FO AT-ST was born.

My local TRU has some of the new sets and it's a mixed bag. Some terrible, some good. Why does Lego (and Hasbro) insist on featuring specialized troopers? The First Order Executioner has 2 minifigs in the battle pack. There are only 2 shown in the movie so I guess there is no need to buy multiple packs. I like the Tatooine battle pack - great for getting Jawas and Tusken Raiders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app