Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

There's also a minifig leak... 

Looks like we are back in the cycle.. . They just retired the FO Tie vs the Poe Dameron X-wings, so now they need to bring out the old school imperial Tie and pair with the new red 5 xwing that is also coming out this summer.  And the new MF will have new shiney blue stickers!!!

and i'm going to assume the HS speeder is based off this:

129.jpg

Edited by fossilrock

5 hours ago, fossilrock said:

There's also a minifig leak... 

Looks like we are back in the cycle.. . They just retired the FO Tie vs the Poe Dameron X-wings, so now they need to bring out the old school imperial Tie and pair with the new red 5 xwing that is also coming out this summer.  And the new MF will have new shiney blue stickers!!!

and i'm going to assume the HS speeder is based off this:

129.jpg

There's a new Red 5 coming????

13 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Here's pictures of the upcoming sets.  Overall, I like these better than the last jedi...

I donno, my initial reaction is bleh. For me, the movie will play a big role whether or not I buy any of these sets.

And the TIE just looks like a 3/4 version of the UCS TIE. ?

1 minute ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

I like the look of these sets.  They are funky....and interesting.  The figures are blurry but a lot of those look interesting as well.

I think they will do as "well" as the movie. There is clear evidence of SW burnout with all the remakes still shelf warming after Xmas - even BB8 is easy to find. These will just get lost in the spring apathy season.

Anyone still holding TIE playsets will want to sell, of course.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

Yeah. 3rd from left...thats gotta be him

It´s the head that looks weird. Maybe he got a buzz cut. I guess the other figs are Han, the girl, Lando and the antagonists. People will want both Falcons and the hardcore OT fans won´t like this one too much. Same colours as U Wing and resistance bomber.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Blue & White MF.. Lol I should have kept a few 75105 :drag:

The head of that buildable Han does not look like H Ford or the new guy :P

What are those white creature thingy that come with the Landspeeders ?

For 75105 holders, the bad news is there is a similar if not direct replacement and it will be heavily discounted. The good news is the direct replacement will likely not have the same appeal due to the different design. SOme people will want both, some just the old and some the new. I´d be more worried about excess stock by the time Ep 9 comes around and they then make another rehash.

For 75101 or 9492 owners, it´s time to sell if it wasn´t already.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

For 75105 holders, the bad news is there is a similar if not direct replacement and it will be heavily discounted. The good news is the direct replacement will likely not have the same appeal due to the different design. SOme people will want both, some just the old and some the new. I´d be more worried about excess stock by the time Ep 9 comes around and they then make another rehash.

For 75101 or 9492 owners, it´s time to sell if it wasn´t already.

The new MF looks starkly different than 75105.  The grumpy old OT fans would prefer that over the new one.  I am not too worry though.  Pretty sure there is another MF remake by the time Ep9 is out

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The new MF looks starkly different than 75105.  The grumpy old OT fans would prefer that over the new one.  I am not too worry though.  Pretty sure there is another MF remake by the time Ep9 is out

I agree. These sets will all be done in Dec 2019 and they will want something available for Ep 9 with updated minifigs from that movie. I guess they will be introducing a few more key characters to take the saga forward and replace Leia, Luke and Han.

Edited by Val-E

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I agree. These sets will all be done in Dec 2019 and they will want something available for Ep 9 with updated minifigs from that movie. I guess they will be introducing a few more key characters to take the saga forward and replace Leia, Luke and Han.

And Porg.  Don't forget the Porg(s) :P

• Haha 1

Chewbacca is in the MF.  Looks like it's Kira, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Lando.  The other looks like it's the one called "Mother Proxima".  Overall, this is a set i'd wait to buy when it's on discount, and I'm not sure i'd open to build.  It's one you just hold...especially if you have one of the previous past two falcons (which we do)..

The speeders look pretty cool to me, and I also like the look of the range troopers.  They are kinda in the same vein with the Imperial troopers in Rogue One with the Scarif and Death Troopers.  Overall, these sets aren't bad, IMO.  The sets with the landspeeders also look fun.  The Tie fighter is one of those sets I know i'll end up eventually caving in and buying.  It's a definite upgrade over the 2012 version (don't remember the set number).  It also looks like it has some interesting minifigures, although one looks Captain Phasmaish...

Overall, I like this theme.  I thought the initial Rogue One launch with 5 sets was also good (looking back, those sets stand out a little more as time goes on)...  The 2 Last Jedi waves are fairly boring, and the movie makes them even more dull, so these are at least a step above that.

• Like 2