Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Brickset have also confirmed it as well.

It's certainly an interesting move, but provided that future re-releases are limited to a handful of sets each year it shouldn't have too much of an impact... time will tell, I guess.  I'll be interested to see if it's identical to the original, or if they make any changes (apart from the inevitable RRP increase!)

48 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

You seem to be a pretty smart guy altogether.

Yes it does look smart of the guy right now. However if this set wasn't getting re released before Christmas it would of been insane for prices then, his move would of looked terrible. It's more luck then smart. No-one except a few obvious insiders in the no thought the rocket was coming back this soon, 6 months after retirement.

4 minutes ago, Legojona said:

He also said the ninjago city will be back in January, so let's see. 

It would be amusing if Lego had the mentality of "Let's create a new profile on Brickpicker, give them valuable insider information, but since the person will have zero prior posts and thus no credibility, nobody will believe it."

• Like 1

Just now, spener90 said:

It would be amusing if Lego had the mentality of "Let's create a new profile on Brickpicker, give them valuable insider information, but since the person will have zero prior posts and thus no credibility, nobody will believe it."

Haha indeed! This is also what happens if you travel back on time to warn everyone about a coming disaster. :D

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, spener90 said:

29 minutes ago, Legojona said:

Haha indeed! This is also what happens if you travel back on time to warn everyone about a coming disaster. :D

We're all getting trolled by LEGO and don't even know it.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:30 AM, HandyHand said:

I think it's rather premature to sell it at such low prices. The Ideas 21309 was greatly underpriced by LEGO! I am absolutely convinced LEGO will readjust the price of the re-release version accordingly to match both the brick-count (1969 bricks, would normally hover closer to €190 at the average 10 cent per brick) and the popularity of the set. Even at a very meagre 7 cents per brick it would be already close to €140. 

I'd expect the re-released Saturn V to be around the €150 mark, so if you'd bought the Ideas set well below RRP back then, you'll be fine.

FWIW, I saw them listed on local retailer a couple weeks back (and thought it was an error because of SIB), and they're listed at the same MSRP as before retirement (prices in CAD).

https://www.archambault.ca/games/nasa-apollo-saturn-v/lego/92176/?id=3199508&cat=

https://www.archambault.ca/games/bateau-en-bouteille/lego/92177/?id=3199509&cat=

On 9/17/2020 at 9:23 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Some nutjob said this (November), and Ninjago City (January 2021) were coming back. 

Kids, watch out for your 76020's

Heard it too. Rumor or not, sold my 70620 and 70657's the day that the 3rd set was announced - to be on safe side. The profit was too nice to not take at that stage.

44 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

QFLL?

30 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Quick Fondue Low Lactose

Quit Fixing Left Loafer

Quick Father, Look Look!

Any of the above is more exciting than quick flipping low life 😛

Quiet Fast Large Laser
Quick Farming Loudmouth Lawnmower
Quiche Freshetta Limburger Lasagna
Quirky Fun Lovely Lamia

....I can play this all day. :derisive:

• Like 2

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309 & 92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V