Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

3 minutes ago, Belac said:

If I'm not mistaken it's reference to an old member Tabby Boy. They quit (supposedly)just after I was a regular but apparently they had some personality. I could be wrong.

I've never heard of him (assume they're male), but sounds like a big player who may be worth reaching out to. Is he American?

I've been browsing on here for a while without needing an ID and I've seen great comments by some real characters. Hopefully I'll get some good advice from them in due course.

I'm happy to wait for the official reveal of set contents, number of pieces, box art and IDEAS vs CREATOR. There's more talk of it being an IDEAS sets (since there's supposedly a deal with the designer) with the same 1969 pieces.

Who's got the cojones to go deep on 92176 if it's discounted on Black Friday? Perhaps a good Xmas flip if sold out early?

Since 21309 is racing to the bottom fast, perhaps it could create renewed interest for 21312 Women of NASA (which I had bundled with each 21309 Saturn V).

It's a shame that I wasn't around when the 21104 Mars Rover was released, but could this return too?

Unloaded the rest of them on hand, 33 in total, since the Stonewars article the 17th. Thankfully the FBA stock all sold before the article.

The vast majority on Craigslist... people were flocking to grab them at $200 before the news spread. Dropped the last handful to $175 to move them. A two mile drive to my local meeting point.

Started getting messages from buyers over the weekend of people asking to return it as it was being re-released. One person threatening police action for price gouging. LOL, this was fun. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Unloaded the rest of them on hand, 33 in total, since the Stonewars article the 17th. Thankfully the FBA stock all sold before the article.

The vast majority on Craigslist... people were flocking to grab them at $200 before the news spread. Dropped the last handful to $175 to move them. A two mile drive to my local meeting point.

Started getting messages from buyers over the weekend of people asking to return it as it was being re-released. One person threatening police action for price gouging. LOL, this was fun. 

This is one reason I stopped selling on Facebook marketplace, place is filled with fruitcakes and time wasters, but i guess in this scenario, it is the quickest way to unload inventory.

16 hours ago, BorderTerrier said:

I've never heard of him (assume they're male), but sounds like a big player who may be worth reaching out to. Is he American?

I've been browsing on here for a while without needing an ID and I've seen great comments by some real characters. Hopefully I'll get some good advice from them in due course.

His eBay id is tabbytoys.  Funny that prior to the confirmation of the re-release, he was his usual self in his description, about people moaning about packaging and that he was the cheapest!  Typically TabbyBoy!  Those were the good old days.

41 minutes ago, Voltron said:

This is one reason I stopped selling on Facebook marketplace, place is filled with fruitcakes and time wasters, but i guess in this scenario, it is the quickest way to unload inventory.

I wouldn't sell anything on Facebook Marketplace where I would expect any sort of future negative response. Good old anonymous Craigslist, and cash only,  for these exciting times.

I just jumped early as the local market is starting to get saturated with these. 

Now that mine are gone, I will share a Craigslist tip with everyone. A trick I use to bring about the FOMO in people when you know you need to move something quick. 

Take a picture of the set(s) you are trying to move in various places in your house so it looks like a different place. Make a listing for each picture, all at the same price. People will usually message each listing, usually trying to lowball you. For all but one, say that it just sold. They will almost always agree to the asking price as the other local sets all sold quickly... FOMO. Use an email alias so the name appears different in each response.

It has been quite awhile since I had to use that trick, but I was very glad to see it still worked.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Cheese said:

His eBay id is tabbytoys.  Funny that prior to the confirmation of the re-release, he was his usual self in his description, about people moaning about packaging and that he was the cheapest!  Typically TabbyBoy!  Those were the good old days.

Thanks..... I'll take a look, perhaps I should introduce myself and ask him/her to come back on here. I was a bit late to the game so missed out on the good old days.  A friend did mention it to me, but I just couldn't be arsed at the time.

Edited by BorderTerrier

39 minutes ago, BorderTerrier said:

Thanks..... I'll take a look, perhaps I should introduce myself and ask him/her to come back on here. I was a bit late to the game so missed out on the good old days.  A friend did mention it to me, but I just couldn't be arsed at the time.

Sounds like you live close. Maybe your paths crossed in TRU (back in the days). 

Just now, Goblin said:

Sounds like you live close. Maybe your paths crossed in TRU (back in the days). 

I've sent an eBay message asking about a Destiny's Bounty and if I can collect (so we can meet). I missed out one of those as I'd love to build that "double" one on YouTube. I actually never set foot in my nearest TRU as the traffic was horrendous to get to the one near Reading prison, in hindsight, I didn't miss much.

6 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

You're either Tabby or you're truly new & know nothing about him.

..... the latter. Am I really in for a treat if I arrange to meet Tabby or should I stay well away?

1 hour ago, Voltron said:

We need some more glass half empty type people here, makes it more interesting than hearing about another set selling for $300 on amazon FBA, lego isn't better than gold, lego is a beanie babies, bah humbug 

social media phenomenon...everyone only shares their best days/images...making it seem like "everyone else" is having a better life than you

translated to BP...everyone else here is a better reseller than me ...they all have buy-ins at 50-70% off...always gets the exclusives...and even gets Lambos for $90

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V