71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

7 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Unique.....I would like to say I like it, but from first glance, I really don't. It reminds of a Galaxy Squad bug. But, to each their own. Not for me, but I can see why someone would enjoy it.

Yeah have to say they made something unique and not safe which we've all been bitching about.  So give them credit for that.   Sure box will have a big impression of whether I like it or not in person.  

Ah galaxy squad bug.  Remember a certain unnamed Lego store selling me a pallet of them.  $21 couldn't go wrong lol.  Well maybe you could. For some reason limits didn't apply to the last unwanted GS sets

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Yeah have to say they made something unique and not safe which we've all been bitching about.  So give them credit for that.   Sure box will have a big impression of whether I like it or not in person.  

Exactly, this is true to the ship in the movie from what we have seen in the trailer, and unique not the same old ship build. Looks like a neat display set and possible play potential if it doesn't fall apart.  Creative and original what we have been asking for not a remake/rehash.  

The box, seriously? So if Disney Castle came in a plain brown box you wouldn't like it, rhetorical question don't waste your time answering it go enjoy your vacation ;) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Two questions:

1.  Are the sets from existing wave from different movies?

2. Will there be another sets beside the ship?

Yes the first 2 waves covers all the films, ironically the only decent film (first one) has one set. IMO the black pearl should have had minifigs from the first movie, then the Davy Jones minifig could have come in a flying dutchmen ship (wishful thinking)

Curse of the Black Pearl:
4181: Isla de la Muerta

Dead Mans Chest:
4182: The Cannibal Escape
4183: The Mill
4184: The Black Pearl

On Stranger Tides:
4191: Captain's Cabin
4192: Fountain of Youth
4193: The London Escape
4194: Whitecap Bay
4195: Queen Anne's Revenge

Edited by John82
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, John82 said:

Yes the first 2 waves covers all the films, ironically the only decent film (first one) has one set. IMO the black pearl should have had minifigs from the first movie, then the Davy Jones minifig could have come in a flying dutchmen ship (wishful thinking)

Curse of the Black Pearl:
4181: Isla de la Muerta

Dead Mans Chest:
4182: The Cannibal Escape
4183: The Mill
4184: The Black Pearl

On Stranger Tides:
4191: Captain's Cabin
4192: Fountain of Youth
4193: The London Escape
4194: Whitecap Bay
4195: Queen Anne's Revenge

Thanks. But as I remember we had 4 movies and not only three, you have forgotten the third movie - At World's End. Does it mean that we have a gap missing sets from this one?

Edited by mauro23

7 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Thanks. But as I remember we had 4 movies and not only three. Does it mean that we have a gap missing sets from the last one?

Good point, yes the third movie may have no sets, although the minifigs with the black pearl probably cover the third movie (At Worlds End), so maybe there isn't a gap. I'd have to watch both of those movies again to be sure though.

Edited by John82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John82 said:

Good point, yes the third movie may have no sets, although the minifigs with the black pearl probably cover the third movie (At Worlds End), so maybe there isn't a gap. I'd have to watch both of those movies again to be sure though.

Unfortunally we have no subthemes for the PotC sets on BrickLink like we have for Indiana Jones or Harry Potter (beside the very last wave).

Worst ship ever. Horrible. Absolutely missed oportunity. They could make a great big ship again, this was great chance, since classic pirate ships are so simple and recycled. If they want to have a scary ship, they can create Flying Dutchman or something like this.

Also figs are poor, opposite to great figs from previous POTC sets.

I hope they will produce one more, at least classic sized ship, like there was Black pearl and Anne.

17 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

Worst ship ever. Horrible. Absolutely missed oportunity. They could make a great big ship again, this was great chance, since classic pirate ships are so simple and recycled. If they want to have a scary ship, they can create Flying Dutchman or something like this.

Also figs are poor, opposite to great figs from previous POTC sets.

I hope they will produce one more, at least classic sized ship, like there was Black pearl and Anne.

Even if its the worst ship ever, it'll probably reach the price of the 4184 or 4195 after it retires.

Ahh thanks for pinpointing the 'issue' fantomas. I think, like you, people had built up expectations for one thing and received something else entirely, which was a let down. But, and maybe it's just me, if people overcome that they'll see Lego recognized an opportunity, based on the new PotC movie, to make something really unique and different. 

There will always be more opportunities for a counterpart to the Imperial Flagship and such; pirates (as a branded theme or not) will always be around, even if only intermittently 

I actually like the set, and so does my wife. We have an extremely modest mermaid cove adjacent to our Imperial Flagship vs. Pirate-colored Imperial Flagship. I think this'll look neat when placed against the cove in it's crooked 'broken' configuration, as if it had been run aground due to battle and / or the lure of the mermaid sirens. The only challenge is, as always, finding room hahah.

Unpopular intro, AFOL level appeal at 2k pieces, completely (and probably forever) unique... quite the equation. Then again, tunes could change after the movie. 

Edited by Pedilego
  • Like 1

I really doubt it will reach the price level of  84 or 4195 after it retires. Not every set from classic pirates and castle series is popular after EOL. Look at the poor performance of Seacow (another untraditional ship). Or a fiasco with Medieval Marketplace and Kingdom Joust - even wonderful sets, but not classic castle sets - and the result is very poor increase in price. I cannot imagine that somebody will pay 400 bucks for this sh..t after EOL. 

Some technical details about size. (26 inch long and 18inch tall)
https://sg.style.yahoo.com/new-pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-ghost-ship-revealed-in-lego-form-exclusive-120049373.html

Well, that's gonna be a massive but fairly fragile construction, defo for display only seeing this flimsy transparent legs on which are standing on.

after vetting I will most likely pull the trigger just because of those fabulous minifigs!

CvMSwBU.gif

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Since it seems like this will be exclusive only to the Lego Stores, will this ever be discounted at some "random" time? I've only seen discounted items in the Lego stores if it's retired or black Friday deal. 

it won't be. well it's new if it is.... first couple of month are exclusifve to lego shop. after what it will be everywhere