71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

Guest TabbyBoy
7 hours ago, Shewie said:

Flying Dutchman will be in the movie
Black Pearl as well
and Cpt Saragosa 3D wooden puzzle Ship presented above.

Question is which one of those Lego wants to make as a new flagship, if there will be any...

Why not just resurrect the Black Pearl (with a new set number) since LEGO are lazy and short of new ideas? They know it'll sell like hot cakes and shove a hot poker up the arses of hoarding resellers!

11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Why not just resurrect the Black Pearl (with a new set number) since LEGO are lazy and short of new ideas? They know it'll sell like hot cakes and shove a hot poker up the arses of hoarding resellers!

Not sure if another BP will sell well after the initial 2 months  The QAR and Black Pearl were "dogs" at retail.

41 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Not sure if another BP will sell well after the initial 2 months  The QAR and Black Pearl were "dogs" at retail.

They were and are still too small for AFOLs and display. Had they been $300 sets, with corresponding size and detail I think there would have been an audience. If the new set would be a D2C Black Pearl, it would be just as much a remake as the UCS Slave I was to the regular one. I would welcome it, but the initial blurry image suggests a set that will bomb. A ship being broken by a Kraken? It's a bit weird for me. It should have at least an alternative build that is an intact vessel.

Edited by inversion

• 2 weeks later...

May offer a neat/challenging new build technique since all the other ships have the one piece floating hull or the pre fab large pieces that just get held together with technic pins. Should definitely bump up the piece count in comparison to other ships the same size. Seems like it will either be a love/hate set for most. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Migration said:

Just me or did that thing have a TON of canons?

At least 28 by my count but not sure if they are the traditional cannons as we know them.  They look a little narrower and longer without the plunger mechanism. 

Release date is 5/1/2017 not 6/1 as previously reported so with early VIP access we are looking at mid April. 

• Like 1