71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, BRIX23 said:

How long does it typically take for other stores to begin carrying a LEGO exclusive set such as this?

There's no such thing as a LEGO exclusive set ;-)

No doubt the usual suspects like TRU, Smyths & JL will have it in stock soon enough.

I now hate it more than I did a few days ago, what an utter abortion of a set! The "Bellend of Billund" new CEO needs a slap!

Do we have any indications at this point as to if there will be additional sets for this movie?  In particular I was REALLY hoping to get an intact ship as my interest in LEGO didn't come until well after prices sky rocketed on QAR and BP.  Contemplating purchasing a used Black Pearl, but prices are high (thank you supply/demand) and would be a bad decision if a new intact ship were on the horizon.  If there is a topic discussing the upcoming movie where this question is more appropriate please direct me as I could not locate it.  Thanks!

What's really odd is the lack of exclusive lego sets this year.  In a way it's a good thing, as some of us felt it was needed for them to cut back on the amount of sets, and instead deliver more interesting and cooler sets, and I think this fits the bill in an odd way. 

But, I only count this, the Assembly Square, the Snowspeeder, and possibly 2 more UCS Star Wars sets later this year.  Am I missing any?  Compared to last year, this year is pretty darn light on the big big boxes..

8 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

What's really odd is the lack of exclusive lego sets this year.  In a way it's a good thing, as some of us felt it was needed for them to cut back on the amount of sets, and instead deliver more interesting and cooler sets, and I think this fits the bill in an odd way. 

But, I only count this, the Assembly Square, the Snowspeeder, and possibly 2 more UCS Star Wars sets later this year.  Am I missing any?  Compared to last year, this year is pretty darn light on the big big boxes..

Im still not sure if brickheadz are exclusives or not

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Same here which is why I have none currently. If they're non-exclusive, we can then wait for the inevitable retailer discounts. Since LEGO have seemed to stop making true exclusives, expect to see these piled up everywhere soon.

11 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Well it says they are on the website, and so far i've only seen them sold in lego stores..  

But, I got to admit, I have no interest as even a builder/collector for those things. Minifigures yes... Brickheadz -- pass.  To me they are just a legoized variation of the funko pop craze, which I see as a giant fast fading fad.

• Like 1

There is a rumour that there will be one more movie after this (Michelle Keegan is rumoured to be getting a part) suggesting this storyline spans across 2 movies like POTC 2&3.

That surely will be the perfect time for Lego do to the Flying Dutchman, as I guess it will only make 1 appearance in the current movie at the very end.

Man the box really doesn't make the ship look all that flattering. And what's with the falling over mast? maybe it has a movie tie-in, but it certainly takes away from the look of the ship for promotional purposes. The bent bow also doesn't really show all that well. Anyways just nitpicking; i already know i'll be getting this and adding to the fleet, i think it will look great next to the other POTC ships.

Getting 2 zombie sharks is just icing on the cake for me!

Edit: Mast falling over thing just made sense to me; with the bow bent the front mast would probably be very close if not touching the middle one. Sooo knock it over and hope it looks good for box artwork i guess? :P

Edited by Sandwraith
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm just hoping that a "complete" ship will be released soon as I missed out on the BP and QAR during the first waves. I've tried to like this "skeleton" of a ship and it still disgusts me how LEGO came out with something so disappointing. Therefore, I'll not be losing money on this.

I'm just hoping that a "complete" ship will be released soon as I missed out on the BP and QAR during the first waves. I've tried to like this "skeleton" of a ship and it still disgusts me how LEGO came out with something so disappointing. Therefore, I'll not be losing money on this.

It's impossible to lose money when you aren't buying anymore. :)
  • Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, redghostx said:

It's impossible to lose money when you aren't buying anymore. :)

You couldn't be more wrong as I still have a lot of sets to sell and some were bought at RRP so I can still lose money and lots of it! I believe that I will lose at least £1000 when I come to sell my Tower Bridges and T1 Camper Vans as I can't store them for much longer.

Some of you seem to have it in your head that no buying means no selling. What am I supposed to do with the several hundred sets I already have, shove them up my arse? ;-)