71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm just hoping ...Therefore, I'll not be losing money on this.

29 minutes ago, redghostx said:

It's impossible to lose money when you aren't buying anymore. :)

If you buy NONE of this set, then you can't lose money on it.  That's a basic concept and I didn't refer to any past mistakes that you made and apparently you made hundreds, or thousands.  I can't keep track of all of the loser posts, but I remember the couple of winners: one being the Mars Rover and you did quite well on that.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You couldn't be more wrong as I still have a lot of sets to sell and some were bought at RRP so I can still lose money and lots of it! I believe that I will lose at least £1000 when I come to sell my Tower Bridges and T1 Camper Vans as I can't store them for much longer.

Some of you seem to have it in your head that no buying means no selling. What am I supposed to do with the several hundred sets I already have, shove them up my arse? ;-)

Plus there are storage fees, cell phone charges due to waiting on hold with post office and eBay forever when they mess up, and time waste loss. I have the same problem with a few of my sets just on a smaller scale than you.

Don't like it, don't buy it. I agreed with redghostx, you don't buy it, you can't lose money on this set. Obviously not refering to whatever you have bought in the past.
Chill Tabbyboy, no need to shove past sets up the unmentionable, could do some good deed by donating to charities where the children would very much welcome anything that you reckon is losing money.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Regardless of the Silent Mary's investment potential, I wouldn't mind building one.  Pretty cool design in terms of being "different" from what Lego has done in the past.

I have a feeling you'd end up with the after effects of this when complete.

I personally think there will be a few more sets, surely Lego will want to take this opportunity to get more sets out to the public off a licensed theme? This is not like imperial flagship where it is a standalone theme. Like Star Wars or even comparing previous POTC releases...there will be a few sets...just finger crossed when they will reveal those details.

7 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Here is slightly better front box image, lifted from an eBay listing.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.01eaaaf57f05f34a5907515cd2ee0274.jpg

36 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

7aiz2A1.png 

The 2 pictures do not match: 

-In 1st picture, a shark is behind the Silent Mary, in 2nd picture both sharks are behind Jack's rowboat
-In 1st picture, the tip of the mast is to the right of the moon, in 2nd picture the tip is in front of the moon
-etc 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The 2 pictures do not match: 

-In 1st picture, a shark is behind the Silent Mary, in 2nd picture both sharks are behind Jack's rowboat
-In 1st picture, the tip of the mast is to the right of the moon, in 2nd picture the tip is in front of the moon
-etc 

Hopefully it's to track down who is getting and leaking this stuff.

• Like 1